The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Wager Option in FUT?

Comments

• Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    Pretty sure ea have given a monetary value when they've done coin giveaways before

How do coin giveaways equate to real monetary value? If you could post a specific example that might be more helpful.

The EA ToS make it fairly clear that all virtual currencies on EA titles have no real-world monetary value:

XmAyYvd.png
  • Frankenberry
    joe666 wrote: »
    it would be exploited for coin selling /thread

Can you elaborate on how match coin "Rival Match" wagers would be exploitable? It would seem extremely tedious and not much different to the current system.
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something

Can you elaborate on how match coin "Rival Match" wagers would be exploitable? It would seem extremely tedious and not much different to the current system.

anything that involves coin transfers ppl will look for a way to exploit it, I think the idea is possible if implemented correctly. Maybe some safety measures like A cap on how much you can bet. 5k-10k.... ect.. keep it simple and it could be a cool feature, open it up to 100k- to a mil and the coin sellers would be all over it.
  • Frankenberry

anything that involves coin transfers ppl will look for a way to exploit it, I think the idea is possible if implemented correctly. Maybe some safety measures like A cap on how much you can bet. 5k-10k.... ect.. keep it simple and it could be a cool feature, open it up to 100k- to a mil and the coin sellers would be all over it.

Re-read the first post again because what you're saying has nothing to do with this thread or this concept.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Try reading the first post :+1:
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    edited September 2016

Did you read the OP or thread, like at all? I don't necessarily agree with the OP but it's clear you've not read the thread.
  • RandomLhama83
    MichaelEJD wrote: »

Did you read the OP or thread, like at all? I don't necessarily agree with the OP but it's clear you've not read the thread.

I didn't know, sorry OP. I agree, its a good idea what you are proposing now that I looked over it more indepth.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    ddosing would be endless
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    I can't see any real issue with the idea. Especially by limiting it to match coins, you prevent people from "betting" coins that may or may not have any loose correlation to money spent; it's just the match coins they'd have earned for that period of play anyway.

Looking at Draft Mode, we basically already have wagering on matches. I theory everybody walks away with their entry fee worth of packs, but the half of players that don't make it out of the first round get that in the form of worst-value packs, essentially (though not technically) losing FP. And the winners gain value that correlates directly to FP (packs). It's basically every player who enters betting on themselves, and half of them will lose.

By comparison, the suggestion in the OP is actually pretty tame.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6152 posts Big Money Move
    I agree @heavymcd. Sounds like a good idea to me.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    ddosing would be endless

Maybe. But then, I've been DDoS'd in a div5 seasons match. There's really no getting around that, so I wouldn't let it stop an otherwise good idea.
  • Fab
    19427 posts World Class
    ddosing would be endless

amen
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    @Frankenberry for Pres 2016.

Or a part of the FIFA team to make a difference. Seems to have better ideas and more knowledge of the game mode than they do. Nice idea; love following it
  • RandomLhama83
    ddosing would be endless

is that the same thing as a lag switch?? I know those are pretty popular on fifa/cod.
  • Frankenberry
    ddosing would be endless

@Reece Tha BEAST
    Would it though?

There are already way more rewarding matches (Division titles for 10k+, tourney finals for coins/packs/untradeable cards, etc.), and I'd say DDoSing is still fairly uncommon in FIFA/FUT. I'm not sure an extra ~500 coins will suddenly cause players to DDoS each other left and right.
  • Frankenberry
    ALIST4R wrote: »
    @Frankenberry for Pres 2016.

Or a part of the FIFA team to make a difference. Seems to have better ideas and more knowledge of the game mode than they do. Nice idea; love following it

7CmLpC8.png