The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Legend Donovan should be removed from UT

12345679

Comments

  • Pughy30
    26603 posts Player of the Year
    Legends are just marketing that's all EA know they can sell copies by putting in legends from certain countries.
  • Pughy30
    26603 posts Player of the Year
    Also who the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is the new Mexican legend am i the only one who doesn't know him?
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2016
    Quinn87 wrote: »
    He should never of been there in the first place... Makes a mockery of the whole legend idea.

    There is plenty of guys who are legends who havent done the things he has as an international. Better get rid of Luis Hernandez too

    not sure if serious. Have you seen Hernandez play? guy was a beast.

    Comparing Donovan to an actual legend like Hernandez is embarrassing. jesus.
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    Quinn87 wrote: »
    He should never of been there in the first place... Makes a mockery of the whole legend idea.

    There is plenty of guys who are legends who havent done the things he has as an international. Better get rid of Luis Hernandez too

    Yep. The whole "legend" idea has become a bit pointless. They should add actual legends of the game, not players from around the world purely for marketing reasons.

    Although having people like Donovan, Hernandez, etc doesn't remotely affect me or my life, I would just prefer if EA could get some big names in to add some excitement.

    Seems reasonable at this point to assume that EA is just unable (and not necessarily unwilling) to sign Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, etc.

    The next question is: would you rather have EA add "lesser" Legends (i.e. players that were legendary in certain ways but were never at the ability level of Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, etc.), or would you rather have them add nothing every year? I already know my answer to that.
  • Amargaladaster26
    8011 posts League Winner
    Quinn87 wrote: »
    He should never of been there in the first place... Makes a mockery of the whole legend idea.

    There is plenty of guys who are legends who havent done the things he has as an international. Better get rid of Luis Hernandez too

    Yep. The whole "legend" idea has become a bit pointless. They should add actual legends of the game, not players from around the world purely for marketing reasons.

    Although having people like Donovan, Hernandez, etc doesn't remotely affect me or my life, I would just prefer if EA could get some big names in to add some excitement.

    Seems reasonable at this point to assume that EA is just unable (and not necessarily unwilling) to sign Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, etc.

    The next question is: would you rather have EA add "lesser" Legends (i.e. players that were legendary in certain ways but were never at the ability level of Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, etc.), or would you rather have them add nothing every year? I already know my answer to that.

    I also know my answer. Cut the current list to at least half and add 1-2 max each year. Make it more exclusive.

    It probably isnt good for EA, marketing-wise, but I just cant agree with most of the players in "legends" section. All great players (easily TOP50-100 of their times), but not many legends atm.
  • Frankenberry
    10215 posts Has That Special Something
    joe666 wrote: »
    not sure if serious. Have you seen Hernandez play? guy was a beast

    In all seriousness, I'd say probably like 0.1% of FUT users have ever seen this guy play live or on TV (not including YouTube).

    The main argument against several lower-rated Legends (e.g. Donovan) is that they never really proved themselves in major European leagues (which I don't necessarily agree with as a requirement). The point being made is that Hernandez didn't really dominate any highly competitive leagues either:

    RU82iHL.png

    I'm not saying he's worthy of a Legend card or not worthy of a Legend card (I had honestly never heard of him before either), but he's probably not the first or second Mexican player I would've gone with. I'll definitely believe you when you say that Luis Hernandez was very good in his prime.
  • ChrisLFC
    7297 posts Big Money Move
    I don't know why they wouldn't just make Donovan, Lallas, Hernandez below 86. I have no problem with throwing in a few marketable players as long as you don't make them close to the ratings of actual football legends.
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    Quinn87 wrote: »
    He should never of been there in the first place... Makes a mockery of the whole legend idea.

    There is plenty of guys who are legends who havent done the things he has as an international. Better get rid of Luis Hernandez too

    Yep. The whole "legend" idea has become a bit pointless. They should add actual legends of the game, not players from around the world purely for marketing reasons.

    Although having people like Donovan, Hernandez, etc doesn't remotely affect me or my life, I would just prefer if EA could get some big names in to add some excitement.

    Seems reasonable at this point to assume that EA is just unable (and not necessarily unwilling) to sign Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, etc.

    The next question is: would you rather have EA add "lesser" Legends (i.e. players that were legendary in certain ways but were never at the ability level of Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, etc.), or would you rather have them add nothing every year? I already know my answer to that.

    Right now, EA are only adding certain "Legends" for marketing. I would rather they added another card type for players who aren't proper legends but are for their countries, because some FUT players like me who think "why the hell is Donovan/Hernandez/Lalas a Legend" are only satisfied because of the chemistry links they give.
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    I don't know why they wouldn't just make Donovan, Lallas, Hernandez below 86. I have no problem with throwing in a few marketable players as long as you don't make them close to the ratings of actual football legends.

    nice profile pic
  • ChrisLFC
    7297 posts Big Money Move
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    I don't know why they wouldn't just make Donovan, Lallas, Hernandez below 86. I have no problem with throwing in a few marketable players as long as you don't make them close to the ratings of actual football legends.

    nice profile pic

    should be the pic on his legend card IMO
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Quinn87 wrote: »
    He should never of been there in the first place... Makes a mockery of the whole legend idea.

    There is plenty of guys who are legends who havent done the things he has as an international. Better get rid of Luis Hernandez too

    Yep. The whole "legend" idea has become a bit pointless. They should add actual legends of the game, not players from around the world purely for marketing reasons.

    Although having people like Donovan, Hernandez, etc doesn't remotely affect me or my life, I would just prefer if EA could get some big names in to add some excitement.

    Agreed. Realistically they could have Legends and then make something that isnt Xbox Exclusive ike National Heroes who arent "legends" and their stats will be more fluid (not a rating floor) for different nations to use those guys. Obviously the $$ issue, is the real issue there.

  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    joe666 wrote: »
    Quinn87 wrote: »
    He should never of been there in the first place... Makes a mockery of the whole legend idea.

    There is plenty of guys who are legends who havent done the things he has as an international. Better get rid of Luis Hernandez too

    not sure if serious. Have you seen Hernandez play? guy was a beast.

    Comparing Donovan to an actual legend like Hernandez is embarrassing. jesus.

    He was a beast for a plethora of teams in Mexico and LA Galaxy. And a stint at Boca. Where he couldnt break through. Im not saying that he wasnt better than Donovan. My point is that there is a plethora of players who dont exemplify the legend category for the average person. Most people dont even know who he is. Both were good players and had an influence on their national teams. Nevertheless if people believe that Landon should be taken out then he should as well because there isnt a big enough gap to say one in and one out and both hardly scratch the surface of being one of the all time greats.
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    joe666 wrote: »
    not sure if serious. Have you seen Hernandez play? guy was a beast

    In all seriousness, I'd say probably like 0.1% of FUT users have ever seen this guy play live or on TV (not including YouTube).

    The main argument against several lower-rated Legends (e.g. Donovan) is that they never really proved themselves in major European leagues (which I don't necessarily agree with as a requirement). The point being made is that Hernandez didn't really dominate any highly competitive leagues either:

    RU82iHL.png

    I'm not saying he's worthy of a Legend card or not worthy of a Legend card (I had honestly never heard of him before either), but he's probably not the first or second Mexican player I would've gone with. I'll definitely believe you when you say that Luis Hernandez was very good in his prime.

    He was a great player, imo most def deserved his Legend card. I think he was one of mexicos all time greats, to say he isn't a legend smells of saltyness to me. Im glad ea gave mexico a legend, they deserve it. Variety is a great thing, all these cool new legends ea are adding into the game make me wanna go get the xbox one soon to play with a few, but I wont do it until EA puts romario back in the game. #teamromario
  • Aarong222
    15414 posts Moderator
    You realise both cant be in packs at the same time right
  • freddyyow
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2016
    .
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    joe666 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    not sure if serious. Have you seen Hernandez play? guy was a beast

    In all seriousness, I'd say probably like 0.1% of FUT users have ever seen this guy play live or on TV (not including YouTube).

    The main argument against several lower-rated Legends (e.g. Donovan) is that they never really proved themselves in major European leagues (which I don't necessarily agree with as a requirement). The point being made is that Hernandez didn't really dominate any highly competitive leagues either:

    RU82iHL.png

    I'm not saying he's worthy of a Legend card or not worthy of a Legend card (I had honestly never heard of him before either), but he's probably not the first or second Mexican player I would've gone with. I'll definitely believe you when you say that Luis Hernandez was very good in his prime.

    He was a great player, imo most def deserved his Legend card. I think he was one of mexicos all time greats, to say he isn't a legend smells of saltyness to me. Im glad ea gave mexico a legend, they deserve it. Variety is a great thing, all these cool new legends ea are adding into the game make me wanna go get the xbox one soon to play with a few, but I wont do it until EA puts romario back in the game. #teamromario

    WTF are you talking about salt for? He's Mexicos 4th top all time goalscorer. He's not going to be most peoples first choice as a Mexican legend.
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    MichaelEJD wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    not sure if serious. Have you seen Hernandez play? guy was a beast

    In all seriousness, I'd say probably like 0.1% of FUT users have ever seen this guy play live or on TV (not including YouTube).

    The main argument against several lower-rated Legends (e.g. Donovan) is that they never really proved themselves in major European leagues (which I don't necessarily agree with as a requirement). The point being made is that Hernandez didn't really dominate any highly competitive leagues either:

    RU82iHL.png

    I'm not saying he's worthy of a Legend card or not worthy of a Legend card (I had honestly never heard of him before either), but he's probably not the first or second Mexican player I would've gone with. I'll definitely believe you when you say that Luis Hernandez was very good in his prime.

    He was a great player, imo most def deserved his Legend card. I think he was one of mexicos all time greats, to say he isn't a legend smells of saltyness to me. Im glad ea gave mexico a legend, they deserve it. Variety is a great thing, all these cool new legends ea are adding into the game make me wanna go get the xbox one soon to play with a few, but I wont do it until EA puts romario back in the game. #teamromario

    WTF are you talking about salt for? He's Mexicos 4th top all time goalscorer. He's not going to be most peoples first choice as a Mexican legend.

    he doesn't have to be the first choice, hes still a legend.
  • Verstappen
    4343 posts National Call-Up
    Luis Hernandez is all about WC1998
  • Pughy30
    26603 posts Player of the Year
    I thought I had good football knowledge but I have no idea who Hernandez is. Isn't Hugo Sanchez one of mexicos greatest?
  • Verstappen wrote: »
    Luis Hernandez is all about WC1998

  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    Luis hernandez was one of my favorite players when I started watching football. Mainly becuase of the 98 world cup and his cool appearance. But it is very understandable that younger fans don't know him.
    I'm positive they selected him purely for the Mexican fanbase.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    The only issue you people really have is that they're called "legend" cards. As if a player being put in a video game along side Pele, Beckenbauer, Van Basten, Bergkamp...etc some how diminishes that group's accomplishments. The fact they get minimum overall ratings at 86 is also not something to complain about, because any player in the game can put a string of performances together and get a card that doesn't even come close to resembling their actual ability...but you lot don't seem to give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about that because EA aren't calling them legends, just informs.

    Having or not having particular player license is never going cause EA to lose customers, so if your "real legends" ask too much there's no reason for EA to say anything other than "❤️❤️❤️❤️ you too, buddy" because it doesn't matter.
    Post edited by bear on
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    they wont not lose customers, but it would increase sales with big modern names like R9 , Zidane, Romario, Beckham ect... I doubt anyone would dispute that fact.
  • Pughy30
    26603 posts Player of the Year
    People saying they need Ronaldo, Maradona, Zidane etc trigger me don't they know EA have to get licenses they can't just make cards without the players permission :joy:
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    People saying they need Ronaldo, Maradona, Zidane etc trigger me don't they know EA have to get licenses they can't just make cards without the players permission :joy:

    Yeah they don't even consider that some players may just flat out say no for whatever reason. Regardless of the money.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    joe666 wrote: »
    they wont not lose customers, but it would increase sales with big modern names like R9 , Zidane, Romario, Beckham ect... I doubt anyone would dispute that fact.

    It really wouldn't, nobody that isn't already playing FIFA and UT is going to start because Zidane is in UT and there's a chance they might be able to use him if they get lucky, take the time to learn the market or spend even more money. The only increase they may be able to see and trace back to who they added as legends might be the purchase of FP, but even then it's a marginal increase at best, because the people spending are most likely people that were spending before and will continue to spend in the future. The overall total player base will fluctuate at the rate it's been regardless of the player licenses they choose to splash on.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    bear wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    they wont not lose customers, but it would increase sales with big modern names like R9 , Zidane, Romario, Beckham ect... I doubt anyone would dispute that fact.

    It really wouldn't, nobody that isn't already playing FIFA and UT is going to start because Zidane is in UT and there's a chance they might be able to use him if they get lucky, take the time to learn the market or spend even more money. The only increase they may be able to see and trace back to who they added as legends might be the purchase of FP, but even then it's a marginal increase at best, because the people spending are most likely people that were spending before and will continue to spend in the future. The overall total player base will fluctuate at the rate it's been regardless of the player licenses they choose to splash on.

    I think the only net effect might be moving a small percentage of players to the Xbox version.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    heavymcd wrote: »
    bear wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    they wont not lose customers, but it would increase sales with big modern names like R9 , Zidane, Romario, Beckham ect... I doubt anyone would dispute that fact.

    It really wouldn't, nobody that isn't already playing FIFA and UT is going to start because Zidane is in UT and there's a chance they might be able to use him if they get lucky, take the time to learn the market or spend even more money. The only increase they may be able to see and trace back to who they added as legends might be the purchase of FP, but even then it's a marginal increase at best, because the people spending are most likely people that were spending before and will continue to spend in the future. The overall total player base will fluctuate at the rate it's been regardless of the player licenses they choose to splash on.

    I think the only net effect might be moving a small percentage of players to the Xbox version.

    Which still has little to no effect on what EA can choose to do, because it falls on Microsoft to offer them an exclusive partnership, and so long as Microsoft offers anything at all it'd be beyond stupid for EA to decline free money.
Sign In or Register to comment.