Fifa 17 is too dark? Will EA fix it?

Miroslavmiki
41 posts Park Captain
edited September 2016
I've been asking me the last days if EA will fix the lighting in FIFA 17. I am not sure if you guys realized it but a match at night in FIFA 17 looks so bad and unrealistic. Examples?
Here you can see how the Iduna Park looks at night when Dortmund plays:
DORTBAYERN.png
Here how it looks on FIFA 17:
hqdefault.jpg

The difference is brutal! More realism would be nice for fifa and the lightning plays a big role!

Comments

• Astro_Ry
    1217 posts Professional
    You sure it wasn't just the medium you were viewing it through? Or the broadcast quality?

I'm more than certain it isn't dark.
  • Miroslavmiki
    41 posts Park Captain
    Astro_Ry wrote: »
    You sure it wasn't just the medium you were viewing it through? Or the broadcast quality?

Well both images come from youtube
  • Astro_Ry
    1217 posts Professional
    edited September 2016

Right but they weren't both recorded by the same device. If it seems too dark, I'm sure you can fiddle with the options to move the lighting to your liking.
  • Miroslavmiki
    41 posts Park Captain

Right but they weren't both recorded by the same device. If it seems too dark, I'm sure you can fiddle with the options to move the lighting to your liking.

FIFA 16 doesn't have that option. You think they will add it this year?
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    This issue has been pointed out by quite a few other members of the forums. The lighting quality in FIFA is pretty bad at night time. Too dark greens instead of the yellowish greens that we see in real life night matches.

It has been like that for years as far as I can remember. This is another reason why I always avoid choosing the night setting when playing FIFA. Only Day Time and Sunset weathers have realistic lighting in this game.

The night time lighting is something that obviously needs fixing. But there has been no word on that from EA.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Just adjust your tv
  • Karim21K
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If it is something the Frosbite engine has it is graphics, so dont worry about that lol. Adjust ur tv settings.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    Karim21K wrote: »
    If it is something the Frosbite engine has it is graphics, so dont worry about that lol. Adjust ur tv settings.
    To be honest this isn't really a graphics thing. The change of engine as you can see didn't change the night lighting. This issue with the night lighting being dark was like that with Ignite Engine and it was like that and is still like that with previous Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Lighting is something that I feel is a separate issue from the graphic engine. Otherwise day lighting and sunset lighting would also have been a problem. But since day lighting seems more or a less perfect. Then it is really a lighting for night time that needs modifying.
  • Yes when I played it seemed bit dark
  • Yes it seemed bit dark really
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    It's a new engine guys, will take them a few years to optimise. Frostbite is one of the best graphic engines, look at what Dice do with their games. Rory golf also looked quality.
  • Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It's a new engine guys, will take them a few years to optimise. Frostbite is one of the best graphic engines, look at what Dice do with their games. Rory golf also looked quality.

Why would it take a few years? None of the other games take a few years to sort a simple, legacy issue out.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well, it´s not just about darkness only, it´s a different light set. Looks they try to give the night games more atmosphere - which i can understand, because of you dont think about and watch the photo from the night game, you might think: i this day? It´s just not really interesting light. - So they give it a try to make a richer atmosphere. Little wild, but kind of courageous.

Gotta see it in action. But this stuff is not hard to tweak.