Sometimes you just can't not win!

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
I've just finished my 3rd season in Div 2 and held for the 3rd time.. Despite losing the first 4 matches... I was outplayed in one of the matches and quit the other 3 because the lag was too bad for me to compete...

Tonight though, the game just seemed to be on my side.. It went down to the last game of the season, I needed to win and when I went 1-0 I thought OK, here we go.. Soon I surprisingly equalised from s header from a corner.. I never score headers from corners!... And then I scored another header from a corner!... How bizarre!

However, when I watched the replays back after the game I noticed a very unusual piece of obstruction by the AI that definitely assisted me to score the equaliser...

Watch as Bonucci runs from the far corner of the six yard box to knee the keeper in the bollocks to prevent him from saving the shot!

Comments

• hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    nice 1!
  • Aku
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    I've just finished my 3rd season in Div 2 and held for the 3rd time.. Despite losing the first 4 matches... I was outplayed in one of the matches and quit the other 3 because the lag was too bad for me to compete...

Tonight though, the game just seemed to be on my side.. It went down to the last game of the season, I needed to win and when I went 1-0 I thought OK, here we go.. Soon I surprisingly equalised from s header from a corner.. I never score headers from corners!... And then I scored another header from a corner!... How bizarre!

However, when I watched the replays back after the game I noticed a very unusual piece of obstruction by the AI that definitely assisted me to score the equaliser...

Watch as Bonucci runs from the far corner of the six yard box to knee the keeper in the bollocks to prevent him from saving the shot!

Fifa Gods are smiling upon u !!!!
  • Izzy2K17
    11704 posts Has That Special Something
    Lol I'm on my 6th season in division 3, I've been 1-2 paints away from promotion the last 4x
  • Baznotsobad76
    Aku wrote: »

Fifa God's - "This guys too bad to stay up on his own.. But it's not his time to get relegated yet.. Were gonna have to intervene." :smiley:

"But we'll crucify him next season! "
  • Aku
    742 posts Semi-Pro

Fifa God's - "This guys too bad to stay up on his own.. But it's not his time to get relegated yet.. Were gonna have to intervene." :smiley:

Bingo !!!!
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, last night I played 7, won 7. Four cup games and three seasons games. That doesn't happen often. Unfortunately I know that means next time I play it will be absolute torture, because, EA.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Don't get me started!
  • Baznotsobad76
    stevvix wrote: »

Don't get me started!

Did you watch the video @stevvix? Did you see Bonucci knee the keeper in the nuts?...
    Genuinely outstanding play by the AI :smiley:
  • Orikoru

Don't get me started!

Did you watch the video @stevvix? Did you see Bonucci knee the keeper in the nuts?...

Usually my defenders do that to my own goalkeeper. :expressionless:
  • Baznotsobad76
    Orikoru wrote: »

Don't get me started!

Haha, Im always having defenders and GK falling over each other... Sure that's down to lag and the game confusing itself... Or I've just assembled the most clumsy team ever!
  • Orikoru
    Orikoru wrote: »

Don't get me started!

Haha, Im always having defenders and GK falling over each other... Sure that's down to lag and the game confusing itself... Or I've just assembled the most clumsy team ever!

Chiellini was always the worst culprit for all things clumsy, that's why I completely stopped using him. Terrible.
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up

Fully expecting this for my next season.

Played last night and I was mostly getting input lag free games, won division 3 (working my way back up from self relegation) with a 7-0-1 record. That loss was a 5-1 trouncing, guy was a good player but scoring 2 from headers from a corner really helped his case. :smile:

Next time I play I'm expecting to get relegated with a 0-2-5 record.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Don't get me started!

Yup, I watched it. Bonucci could have pulled out a gun, shot the keeper and no foul would've been given :s

The thing is, I have no idea why this stuff is in the game. I look at the losing streaks I have an wonder why they are programmed into the game. Is there really any need for it?

Simple divs based on performance are all that's required. I really don't mind being stuck in Div 7 for the rest of my life if I got to play FAIR games with people of similar ability. If I'm rubbish at the game but have built good 2m coin team I'd expect to be able to beat someone of the same ability as me if they had a crap team, but the game just doesn't work that way and I have no idea why not. I'd love to know EA's logic.

Anyway... let's see what 17 brings :)
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Well, 2-0 up at 90 mins and I get a FK

No idea why this should happen to my oppo unless Ea are all sadists... now there's a thought....
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Well, 2-0 up at 90 mins and I get a FK

No idea why this should happen to my oppo unless Ea are all sadists... now there's a thought....

Friggin awesome reflexes!