Pack only

Comments

• xGrumpyWolfx
    2690 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2016
    I've done pack only for the past 4 Fifa's now, I think I'll end up doing it again this year but after last years pack weights being so much worse than previous years I'm having seconds thoughts.
  • I've done pack only for the past 4 Fifa's now, I think I'll end up doing it again this year but after last years pack weights being so much worse than previous years I'm having seconds thoughts.

Ok What was your Pack only Team last year?
  • DiddyBCFC
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Poor idea, mainly because you have to keep buying packs. Just lining EA's pockets in return for a poor team.

Instead of buying the premium edition. I get the standard edition and add £25 of fifa points for packs at the start. After that you just play draft and champions for packs, it'll be much easier this year
  • M96RU
    440 posts Sunday League Hero
    I play a draft only team this year (you van look at my created threads to see teams) but stoped because I was not enought good to Win drafts.

So to answer to your question (pack or draft) you should play draft if you can win, packs if not ;)

I tried the pack only teams on fifa 15, my goal was to buy few packs to build my team, buying one pack per season only... But this take too many times
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    Pack only in a nutshell

45800b66e922be00cc06d220490e2c0d.png?1353434090
    a9c03b453708e110207ab968eb2a2e7e.png
    340f5bcd95f4156042083688e5344635.png
    d93fe9dbc361dc822535afa7a11a42b1.png
    0a3dbd4727f8b22e3676af740ca266c1.png

+ 2 TOTY's + 300+ TOTS across 5-6 years.
  • DiddyBCFC
    That pack luck tho :open_mouth:

I'd like to add that by playing packs only I do generally mean to save 15k a time and play draft, I believe that even if you lose your first game you'll still get 15k+ worth in packs.
  • Dasco wrote: »
    Pack only in a nutshell

45800b66e922be00cc06d220490e2c0d.png?1353434090
    a9c03b453708e110207ab968eb2a2e7e.png
    340f5bcd95f4156042083688e5344635.png
    d93fe9dbc361dc822535afa7a11a42b1.png
    0a3dbd4727f8b22e3676af740ca266c1.png

+ 2 TOTY's + 300+ TOTS across 5-6 years.

Wow that gives me hope Thanks
  • DiddyBCFC wrote: »

I'd like to add that by playing packs only I do generally mean to save 15k a time and play draft, I believe that even if you lose your first game you'll still get 15k+ worth in packs.

Cool too see more Pack only Players this year

Thats bull. If you're lucky enough, u get 5k Max.
  • DiddyBCFC
    edited September 2016
    SPDavid23 wrote: »
    DiddyBCFC wrote: »

I mean 15k in terms of pack costs. Not actual rewards from within.
    If you're playing packs only, you may as well lose a game of draft and get 20k of packs than spend 15k on 2 packs. Right?

If you're playing packs only, you may as well lose a game of draft and get 20k of packs than spend 15k on 2 packs. Right?

The first reward is just packs worth about 15 k
  • DiddyBCFC

Granted, but that's assuming you lose the first game, that's like 1/50 for most people lol

Granted, but that's assuming you lose the first game, that's like 1/50 for most people lol

I lose it like every second time But it's still worth it even just for trying the top Players and the better packs
  • DiddyBCFC

I lose it like every second time But it's still worth it even just for trying the top Players and the better packs

I'm not a great player but everyone hates playing against me. I'm generally a player that avoids the likes of Messi and Ronaldo so I can get a more solid midfield in. I'll just hold the ball for 65+% possession every game and get a scrappy goal with one of my 1 or 2 shots over 90 minutes. It's tasteless but winning 5 in 6 draft games is nice :)

I'm not a great player but everyone hates playing against me. I'm generally a player that avoids the likes of Messi and Ronaldo so I can get a more solid midfield in. I'll just hold the ball for 65+% possession every game and get a scrappy goal with one of my 1 or 2 shots over 90 minutes. It's tasteless but winning 5 in 6 draft games is nice :)

Oh yeah hate this Players
  • DiddyBCFC

Honestly dude, I've genuinely came across the same type of player and we've gone into a party and agreed to leave it 0-0 and decide on penallies haha

Honestly dude, I've genuinely came across the same type of player and we've gone into a party and agreed to leave it 0-0 and decide on penallies haha

Haha Would love an Penalty Kick tourney would be funny
  • TheKoboltti
    50 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    I went pack only from like October or November to the end last year in FIFA 16. Even though sometimes it was frustrating when I didn't get any good additions to my squads, it was quite enjoyable when I found some hidden gems or managed to pull decent 84 rated player. It requires patience but it is a lot of fun.

Here is a link to my pack only club. There you can see how many packs I have opened in total and what kind of players I got. Those are mainly 7.5k packs. http://www.futhead.com/u/koboltti/club/stats/

Oh, and I am planning to do the same in FIFA 17. At the start, sell everything from returning user packs and preorder packs, trade some coins, build a Finland squad and at some point when I have a lot of coins, go pack only until 18 comes out.
  • I went pack only from like October or November to the end last year in FIFA 16. Even though sometimes it was frustrating when I didn't get any good additions to my squads, it was quite enjoyable when I found some hidden gems or managed to pull decent 84 rated player. It requires patience but it is a lot of fun.

Here is a link to my pack only club. There you can see how many packs I have opened in total and what kind of players I got. Those are mainly 7.5k packs. http://www.futhead.com/u/koboltti/club/stats/

Oh, and I am planning to do the same in FIFA 17. At the start, sell everything from returning user packs and preorder packs, trade some coins, build a Finland squad and at some point when I have a lot of coins, go pack only until 18 comes out.

Wow that are some good Players How much have you spend for that?
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    nope

• Janxo
    18 posts Ball Boy
    i just spent 3.7 mill on packs mostly 7.5k packs only decent player i got was an ibra. The packs are a bit of a joke and i dont understand why ppl would use real cash to buy them.
  • TheKoboltti
    50 posts Park Captain
    I went pack only from like October or November to the end last year in FIFA 16. Even though sometimes it was frustrating when I didn't get any good additions to my squads, it was quite enjoyable when I found some hidden gems or managed to pull decent 84 rated player. It requires patience but it is a lot of fun.

Wow that are some good Players How much have you spend for that?

Real money or coins?

In terms of real money, I spent 80 euros on Fifa Points during TOTY but didn't get anything special.

In terms of coins, I opened 361 gold packs in total (shame we can't see how many of each pack I opened) but some of those were preorder packs or Christmas packs EA gave us and some were opened before going pack only. I would estimate that I have spent around 2 or 2.5 million coins to get those players I have there. So, if you compare these players to a 2 million coin team that you buy from the transfer market, it's a no brainer what you should do if you just want to get a good team. But I like opening packs and the challenge that going pack only gives. And there's the chance that you hit the jackpot and get a really good player.

Good luck!
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    Literally just hit me that the manager task pack will actually have a use this year! Squad builder challenges OP.
  • DiddyBCFC
    maksi wrote: »
    nope

Ummm, yes. A single loss still gives 2 gold packs.
  • Bluebirds87
    691 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Which is 10k not 15k...