How good are offline draft rewards?

BRISTOL86
8954 posts League Winner
I'm gonna be buying some FP at the beginning of 17 and considering splitting it between buying packs and grinding offline draft. Is it worth it?

Putting aside the issue of offline play being awful for a minute, from a pure reward value point of view is it worth it?

300FP to enter draft (so two premium gold packs) - are the rewards always better than that? So in theory a better use of FP than just buying packs?

Comments

• Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2016
    You basically get double for your FIFA points .. A draft win on any difficulty offline gave you 2 15k packs which is double +2 extra rare gold cards. Just extremely time consuming and boring.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    So you ALWAYS get 2 x 15k packs? The rewards don't vary?

So in essence getting 4 normal premium gold packs for the price of two ?

I agree the offline gameplay is boring but seems like a decent way to get familiar with the game during early access whilst bagging some rewards at the same time.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    You get quite a bit more for your money.

It's a good way to learn the game and use up FP.

You get match rewards too.

Get to try new legends.

My first 10 hours will be playing draft!
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    My first 10 hours will be playing draft!

That's what I'm thinking. Grind offline draft for 10 hours and bag some rewards whilst learning the new gameplay. Win win
  • raz5229
    1092 posts Professional
    Tbh rewards were good at the start crap in the middle and now good again, however the contents of said packs are waaaaannnnnnkkkkk.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    raz5229 wrote: »
    Tbh rewards were good at the start crap in the middle and now good again, however the contents of said packs are waaaaannnnnnkkkkk.

Ha yeah I didn't think the pack content would be that good. But having said that, even garbage pulls can be quite decent at the start of a FUT cycle. Cards that'll be discard by Xmas can go for like 5k!

I guess squad building challenges will also put a different spin on card values. Might just grind offline draft for early access and then leave it at that.
  • raz5229
    1092 posts Professional
    I thinking the same as you mate tbh, draft will pull more packs per points than just buying so play draft, get used to the game whilst, sell sell sell to raise the coins needed for real quality.
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    Step 1: Unlock 1k bonus coins in the catalog
    Step 2: Play online if you are good or offline draft if you are not confident in getting 3/4 wins online

Then you should be getting around 1.5k coins a game and earning some decent packs worth around 30-50k offline, these packs will be worth it at the start with everything high priced

1 draft could take around an hour so if you really wanted you could easily fit 9 in the 10 hours
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    Step 1: Unlock 1k bonus coins in the catalog
    Step 2: Play online if you are good or offline draft if you are not confident in getting 3/4 wins online

Then you should be getting around 1.5k coins a game and earning some decent packs worth around 30-50k offline, these packs will be worth it at the start with everything high priced

1 draft could take around an hour so if you really wanted you could easily fit 9 in the 10 hours

Pretty much exactly my plan :+1:
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    Also going by the last Fifa it seems the best time to sell would be the 2nd weekend (8/9th October) after release, the graphs don't go earlier than Sept 30th though and the game came out 24th so you can't see the prices for the first weekend
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Pretty sure prices rose steadily for the first week. I remember not buying cazorla for 15k on day 1 and when I looked two weeks later he was about 40k!
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Done about 80 offline drafts this year lol
    Mostly the first month of fifa16

I got 3 varieties of rewards for winning
    Mostly a 15k pack and 7.5k pack
    Sometimes 2 15k packs
    Once in a while a solitary 25k all rare mixed pack
    Only theses 3 combos for me
    For winning.....i lost a few on day 1 lol :)
  • slickus
    You get more bang for your buck and get to try all the big names without getting beat 1st match like me lol
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Thanks for that @slickus

Think I'll try and get as many in as i can during ea access. Will save the packs and open on the web app, squeeze as much playtime as possible out of it!

Did you get any decent pulls in your packs or were they bad?
  • slickus
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Thanks for that @slickus

Think I'll try and get as many in as i can during ea access. Will save the packs and open on the web app, squeeze as much playtime as possible out of it!

Did you get any decent pulls in your packs or were they bad?

Nothing major
    Koscielny ozil costa few others
    My son plays online drafts with(for) me :)
    Hes got me tots auba n tots godin

At the beginning was easily earning enough for next draft with early prices n coin boosts
    After that i used to just drop 12 pounds on draft, half online for my son n half offline for me
  • roojy
    343 posts Sunday League Hero

I agree the offline gameplay is boring but seems like a decent way to get familiar with the game during early access whilst bagging some rewards at the same time.

i usually get a 15k pack and a 7.5 pack.
    however, u it is possible to get a 50k pack from winning the single player draft, it's just very rare.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year

Played it a bunch of times saw the exact same reward of 2x15k packs everytime.
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why would you waste your 10 hours gameplay, by playing the most boring mode there is? ... **** offline modes, if it's not competitive online I'm falling asleep by half time.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Quinn87 wrote: »
    Why would you waste your 10 hours gameplay, by playing the most boring mode there is?

Reading the entire first post too much for you?
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why would you waste your 10 hours gameplay, by playing the most boring mode there is?

It just doesn't make sense.. Waste your time playing offline on release. By playing offline drafts your effectively wasting over an hour, for 1 extra 7.5k pack. Which you would gain by playing 2 games on online?
  • Fletch
    3405 posts National Call-Up
    Personally I'd rather spend all the FP on packs rather than offline draft. Unless AI teams have dramatically changed it will still be too boring, just like career mode gets.

I'd love it if every team had unique play styles as it would make offline more fun as well
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

It just doesn't make sense.. Waste your time playing offline on release. By playing offline drafts your effectively wasting over an hour, for 1 extra 7.5k pack. Which you would gain by playing 2 games on online?

Playing offline is a decent way to get familiar with new tweaks in the game without the pressure/sweat of online, and you're earning rewards at the same time. What's not to like?

Granted the AI gameplay is poor but for a few hours it's tolerable enough to get acquainted with the new gameplay, especially seeing as I have no console til the 22nd so won't play the demo.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Fletch wrote: »
    Personally I'd rather spend all the FP on packs rather than offline draft. Unless AI teams have dramatically changed it will still be too boring, just like career mode gets.

I'd love it if every team had unique play styles as it would make offline more fun as well

I expect I'll end up doing one and depending how awful it is (and how bad the packs are) decide whether to do any more after that!
  • Just_Unfair
    4025 posts National Call-Up
    Fletch wrote: »

I expect I'll end up doing one and depending how awful it is (and how bad the packs are) decide whether to do any more after that!

This is my plan
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14542 posts Has That Special Something
    @BRISTOL86 you got it bang on mate, get to know the game in the free 10 hours whilst getting coins and packs along the way, defo the way to go