New legends - Veron and Petit

Galaynn
375 posts Sunday League Hero
Everyone seems to be (understandably) pretty excited about ADP and Scholes or the Man U guys

Am I the only thinking that Veron and Petit might be a great CM or CDMs pair - and that, generally, they are a very welcome addition to Legends midfield?

And that they may also be, well I would not say cheap, but reasonably priced compared to other Legends options like Matthaus, Vieira and Scholes (and Gullit of course)? Probably similar, in terms of price, to Effe and Keane?

Comments

• Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Petit will cost a fair bit. Height, work rates and a very balanced card. Also to add the Arsenal and French hype.
  • UpstartCaesar
    3173 posts National Call-Up
    They both look amazing honestly. They'll be pricey tho, to begin at least
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Petit could challenge Vieira imo. Especially if CDMs wander again loads on 17.
  • Diggy
    14753 posts Has That Special Something
    Looking forward to not having Gullit & vieira in my midfield for a change
  • coatsy
    Diggy wrote: »
    Looking forward to not having Gullit & vieira in my midfield for a change

My midfield will always have baellit.
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    Before the release we were begging for more box to box solid mids, Petit and Veron fill that void nicely.

Petit especially, looks amazing.
  • coatsy
    I think Vieira will still be King, but depending on cash flow he's one of the players id happily take a slightly cheaper option instead of.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd have to disagree with the people predicting high prices for Veron and Petit. Keep in mind that people base a lot of their decisions on OVR and on card stats (well, mostly pace). A 71 PAC CM (that's 88 OVR) and a 77 PAC CDM (that's just 87 OVR) will definitely not be in that Vieira/Matthaus/Gullit price range.

The "new card" hype will definitely inflate some of these Legends for the first few months, but I'm expecting Petit and Veron to be very reasonably priced eventually. Carragher has a chance to be the first sub-50k Legend (he's arguably the worst Legend ever, though I'd love to see his in-game stats). Solskjær will probably be the worst Legend ST.
  • coatsy
    edited September 2016
    Can't see Carra being 50k.

BPL, English. Even with bang average stats, I expect about 100k around TOTS.

• Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    edited September 2016
    I'd have to disagree with the people predicting high prices for Veron and Petit. Keep in mind that people base a lot of their decisions on OVR and on card stats (well, mostly pace). A 71 PAC CM (that's 88 OVR) and a 77 PAC CDM (that's just 87 OVR) will definitely not be in that Vieira/Matthaus/Gullit price range.

The "new card" hype will definitely inflate some of these Legends for the first few months, but I'm expecting Petit and Veron to be very reasonably priced eventually. Carragher has a chance to be the first sub-50k Legend (he's arguably the worst Legend ever, though I'd love to see his in-game stats). Solskjær will probably be the worst Legend ST.

No way Ole Gunnar is worse than Sherringham, Bierhoff, and maybe Fowler. Sherringham and Bierhoff especially, Fowler actually plays better than his stats, the other two are just worthless.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    14483 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Use Gattuso as an example. Pretty average looking card but he had that new legend hype too and was averaging 550k at the beginning. So yeah, expect them to be expensive...

image.png

EDIT: 1 month in when he is more attainable to most players he was still 450k...
  • coatsy
    550k for Gattuso :o

I expect Scholes to be very expensive then tbh.

Petit and Veron 800k+?
  • coatsy2008 wrote: »

Petit and Veron 800k+?

Possibly! Deco, another new legend to hit the market, again with average stats was 700k at release. Dropped down to around 600k a month later.
  • hoban95
    55361 posts National Treasure
    They both look amazing honestly. They'll be pricey tho, to begin at least

• WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    It's just not worth buying legends at the beginning, they will eventually end up a third of the value.

• coatsy
    coatsy2008 wrote: »

Petit and Veron 800k+?

Possibly! Deco, another new legend to hit the market, again with average stats was 700k at release. Dropped down to around 600k a month later.

On the back of that, won't be bothering with the new ones, atleast until TOTY.

• TMaher7
    1103 posts Professional
    Pogba Petit
    Vieira

That will be my midfield no doubt with Kante ready to come on!
  • hoban95
    It's just not worth buying legends at the beginning, they will eventually end up a third of the value.

If you got the money i don't see the point in waiting months.
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    hoban95 wrote: »

Making EA proud son
  • hoban95

Making EA proud son

I meant FUT coins...
  • UpstartCaesar

Making EA proud son

I meant FUT coins...

Don't be ashamed that you're bending over for EA
  • hoban95

Making EA proud son

I meant FUT coins...

Don't be ashamed that you're bending over for EA

We wouldn't want me complaining about the game in every thread now would we?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    The KFC lover is right.

The game is dead now and I think it only lasted this long because of the extra euro cards. By July we'll all be desperate for FIFA 18.

Why wait for them to be cheaper months down the line? If you can't afford them that's different. It's not real money, you can't take it to the next game.

Everyone is cheaper in January but don't wait 4 months for the sake of it.
  • hoban95
    Mate i said i liked BBQ chicken, not Kentucky fried.

UTD fans can't get anything right these days...
  • UpstartCaesar
    Doesn't like KFC... Ban worthy imo
  • Campino
    29816 posts National Team Captain

If you have seen what ive seen at some KFC's I assure you that you wouldn't like it either
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Mate i said i liked BBQ chicken, not Kentucky fried.

UTD fans can't get anything right these days...

KFC > BBQ TBH IMO.
  • UpstartCaesar
    Campino wrote: »

If you have seen what ive seen at some KFC's I assure you that you wouldn't like it either

What have you seen?
  • DoD_Jester
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2016

If you could see what I can see, when im cleaning windows

F0ck I'm bored haha
  • hoban95
    edited September 2016

If you have seen some of the Liverpool fans i've seen, I assure you that you wouldn't like them either.