Ultimate team

Simmak40
259 posts Sunday League Hero
Correct me if I am wrong, the idea of ultimate team is to build a strong team with a high rating and good chemistry, I have a 82/83 rated team with 100 chemistry a few amber links and green, and 1 or 2 red, i practice and have a few tricks, I build from the back with possession and passing but it's not good enough, teams in 60 and 70 ratings walk all over me, they are always 1 step ahead, and I cannot foe the life of me figure out why, teams of same rating whoop me, I seem to foul and get booked at every tackle if I can catch them and goals go in from all angles and distance but mine are saved or miss by a margin, I am slowly starting to hate the game, any constructive advice

Comments

• zal
    57 posts Park Captain
    When did you started play FUT?
  • Simmak40
    October 2015, I don't know if it is my Internet connection lagging. But I have sky fibre broadband connected with cable, I read and watch the advice online and try different things but nothing changes I am still second best in most games, I don't know how to correct it to start enjoying it, I don't expect to beat all and win everything but I expect to enjoy playing the game win lose or draw
  • Gromit
    3436 posts National Call-Up
    Because a good team does not a good player make.

Some people are just good. Sometimes good players make weak teams for fun. Or go pack only etc.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Gromit wrote: »
    Because a good team does not make a good player

• MaestroPirlo21
    1378 posts Professional
    When I see that i am about to face a full silver side for example, I know that I am in for a real tough match. These players are usually very good and it is those teams I worry about much more than the high rated mid 80's gold teams.
  • zal
    57 posts Park Captain
    Try some guides at this fórum, and watch some youtubers like Ovvy and Krasi, they can help you improve your gameplay. There are a lot of good palyers which can does miracles with weak teams.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Worth mentioning that good ut does not look like good soccer. Passing is bad relative to dribbling. It's a fatal flaw imo
  • Simmak40
    I do study YouTube and try to implement any advice, I do ok and play well in seasons with my ut team, I am in d4, but online I seem so handicapped and slow and such a novice, my wingers with high 80/90 pace always get caught, I am 2-1 ratio to losses, but I see no way of improving to compete and enjoy, I have games that are fun and exciting and I do enjoy them, but more often than not I have teams that power through me and win 6,7,8-0.
    Could it be down to my Internet, being laggy? I try to play mostly with 3 bars of latency but to no avail and I end any session being wound up, which is not what fifa is about
  • Simmak40
    Appreciate all the advice guys thanks
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    I can sympathise - it is down to lag quite often, making tackles a fraction of second slow, but I find defending can be random esp w switching
  • K_DeBruyne
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Some people are just good. Sometimes good players make weak teams for fun. Or go pack only etc.

Had to read that comment in Yoda's voice
  • K_DeBruyne
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    On topic - Make a really good bronze team and watch your opposition rage...
  • Simmak40
    OK kdb I will try that tonight, thanks,will be changing bb provider next month plus will have a new fifa to learn lol
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional

This is a load of horsepoop. The AI controls 10 players while you control 1. There is very limited skill in this game. When the AI plays god-mode for you, you win. When it's god-mode for your opponent, they win. Yes, there are some exceptions. And, yes, if you are incredibly good, you can overcome alot of the bs. But, for the average (and even above average player), you're at the mercy of the AI given to you and your opponent in this game.

The AI dictates the "story" for the most part, and you're just along for the ride.
  • AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »

This is a load of horsepoop. The AI controls 10 players while you control 1. There is very limited skill in this game. When the AI plays god-mode for you, you win. When it's god-mode for your opponent, they win. Yes, there are some exceptions. And, yes, if you are incredibly good, you can overcome alot of the bs. But, for the average (and even above average player), you're at the mercy of the AI given to you and your opponent in this game.

The AI dictates the "story" for the most part, and you're just along for the ride.

yeah that why good players can win 50 games in a row, its the AI winning for them. ffs noob if you have zero skills at fifa why you even buying it
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    Try not to play like you would in real life and instead learn the exploits.
    And pray you have a good connection without lag.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    AntoineFR wrote: »

yeah that why good players can win 50 games in a row, its the AI winning for them. ffs noob if you have zero skills at fifa why you even buying it

Aww, did i ruffle your feathers, fanboy?

1. Did you miss the part where i said there are some exceptions?
    2. Maybe they have the accounts that have the better AI?

I'm well aware that those can be hard concepts for fanboys to grasp, though.

You have to be the biggest fanboy in the world (or work/get paid by EA) to believe that the AI doesn't control what happens from game to game.

What's hard about understanding that you control ONE player out of eleven? There is no skill involved in a game where you control less than 10% of what happens at any given moment.

• SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something

You have to be the biggest fanboy in the world (or work/get paid by EA) to believe that the AI doesn't control what happens from game to game.

What's hard about understanding that you control ONE player out of eleven? There is no skill involved in a game where you control less than 10% of what happens at any given moment.

What rubbish :joy:

Making conspiracy theories about a game.
  • AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    edited September 2016

63807004.jpg
    Post edited by AntoineFR on
  • nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    Basically play h2h w yr fav team & see what the game could / should be - a pleasure !
  • Gelbschwarz
    1341 posts Professional

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    It's funny how a largely accurate comment gets twisted. You do control 1/11 most of the time and the AI has a huge role. Some players can overcome it
  • Simmak40
    It is true the Ai takes over the 10 you are not controlling, but surely the Ai for each person should be the same and the one controlled player is at the mercy of yourselves, swith players and the Ai controls the next 10, but the gulf between teams can vary so much, which does not make sense, is it in the settings, the sliders etc, in the end the aim.is to improve, but I cannot see how when your being deconstructed by a gamer with a very healthy Ai.
  • THJ71
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    Completely AI influenced game

For a few games your players will do what they are supposed to do, the next few games your players will start backing away from the ball, standing still or not reacting to situations especially in defence

It is all about keeping the bad players interested in the game

Fifa17 can stop on the shop shelf as far as I am concerned