New Web App

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
Someone probably asked this but the search function is crap.

When will the new web app be open? This week's TOTW is number 52, meaning next week's is #1 so surely that means the web app has to be open by then? Because TOTW1 has to be on the new game. Right?

Comments

• holdenwait
    54775 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    the search function is actually quite capable.

expected date sep 20th ish I believe
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Its unconfirmed as of yet, it could be totw 53
  • Orikoru
    holdenwait wrote: »

Peter wrote: »

Well that doesn't make sense.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Orikoru wrote: »

Totw 53 has happened before, just changes depending on release date and where the totw release falls in relation to it.
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional

Totw 53 has happened before, just changes depending on release date and where the totw release falls in relation to it.

On top of this, I'm sure they've also just "skipped" a TOTW before. It wouldn't make sense for the TOTW 1 to be released on the 14th, it wouldn't even be in packs during Early Access, let alone NA full release.
  • Obrj
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special

On top of this, I'm sure they've also just "skipped" a TOTW before. It wouldn't make sense for the TOTW 1 to be released on the 14th, it wouldn't even be in packs during Early Access, let alone NA full release.

Im pretty sure when the early release comes out TOTW will be out already.
  • Orikoru

But that must what they did last year, or else it wouldn't be TOTW 1 this time would it?
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    TOTW 1 was released on 16/9, the game was released on the 22/9 (NA). This year it seems that everything is pushed back, game released on the 29/9, even the Demo is released on 13th instead of 8th last year. It wouldn't be a big surprise if TOTW 1 will be released on 21/9.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    TOTW 1 was released on 16/9, the game was released on the 22/9 (NA). This year it seems that everything is pushed back, game released on the 29/9, even the Demo is released on 13th instead of 8th last year. It wouldn't be a big surprise if TOTW 1 will be released on 21/9.

Nailed it.
  • Orikoru
    edited September 2016

But it's more about when they opened the web app - or is that what you meant happened on the 22nd? Cos my game was delivered on the 24th last year I think. So the web app was like two weeks before that wasn't it? Or one week?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

But it's more about when they opened the web app - or is that what you meant happened on the 22nd? Cos my game was delivered on the 24th last year I think. So the web app was like two weeks before that wasn't it? Or one week?

Web app went live 15/9 last year - 7 days before US release. Same time frame this year would see web app live on 20/9
  • Orikoru
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

Web app went live 15/9 last year - 7 days before US release. Same time frame this year would see web app live on 20/9

Fair enough, thanks mate.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Only a guess but seems reasonable that the profile will be similar if not identical.

Incidentally they announced the web app was going live on 17th, it actually went live 15th - think this was deliberate so it wasn't overloaded.

So in due course I'd expect a similar announcement. Can see them announcing it for 22nd and it going up on 20th.