What first teams are you guys going to choose in The Journey?

Comments

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Thanks that's cool
  • nsholmberg11
    1111 posts Professional
    Spurs. The best youth academy, hopefully it's realistic and fun. Excited for something different
  • Slavin
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Southampton!!!
  • I'm a liverpool fan, but I'm thinking of starting off at somewhere like Bournemouth. Just to more enjoy the experience, it would feel more real that a youth kid could break into a smaller club than trying to break into the liverpool side. Altho I thibk u can go out on loan??
  • ij54321
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JDring wrote: »
    I'm a Middlesbrough fan so its an easy choice here, glad to see we are a popular choice.

I'm eager to see who plays the mentor role (like rooney) on the smaller teams.

Basically you'll be the mentor advice when u play vs man utd
  • cn coyb
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    That game mode that has only got like 1 season to it, 1 league and 1 playable character? Yeah, not going to be touching that pile of crap. His game face looks awful & his voice is grating & it just looks completely cheesy.

Hopefully it's gone for next year & they implement features, like the interviews you control, into career mode to make it more immersive.

that's what i thought its to cheesy for me to
  • PapaQuibs
    220 posts Sunday League Hero
    Liverpool
  • APEX0107
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Leicester or Southampton
  • Is it true you can only play one season? Thats tragic.
  • Southampton ez
  • It looks like what Player Career mode should be, but not finished yet. I expect this to be a stepping stone for FIFA 18, FIFA 19, FIFA 20, FIFA 21 and so on. I'm choosing Arsenal. I think they should make it like the Journey but with the menus of career mode... The Journey seems to make Player Career extinct anyway
  • Aloeeee x
    78 posts Park Captain
    I'll go with West Ham just so I can play in the London Stadium
  • I really doubt the team you choose will affect how it plays, or the scenes you got. Love to be proven wrong, but I just have played FIFA for too many years to think otherwise.
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    I'll probably go with West Brom, nothing like getting told what to do by Pulis the great and playing in a team with Johnny Evans. Gstitt, I watched that too. Pretty sure it's the demo.

It will take me a super long time to even enter the journey mode or I'll just play it when I'm too tired to play FUT.
  • Really depends. If it's only one season at one club or not. For example if you can be transferred in the Premier League I will start Southampton I think and try to get to a top team. Otherwise (one season/only at one team) probably Arsenal.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Arsenal.

• Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Swansea for me. Prefer to be sort of CAM or LW but could go striker as they're not really off the mark with Llorente and Borja Gonzalez yet.
  • CeeQue
    10757 posts Has That Special Something
    Well since you could only do PL which sucks. Liverpool would be fun with all the CAMS and wingers they have now.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Swansea for me. Prefer to be sort of CAM or LW but could go striker as they're not really off the mark with Llorente and Borja Gonzalez yet.

Do you get a choice of position?
  • nsholmberg11
    1111 posts Professional
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »

Do you get a choice of position?

I'm not sure but it seems like you play as a striker in journey mode with no choice of position. hopefully I'm wrong though
  • NicoGunner
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Arsenal, then took injuries for 4 seasons, barely playing, then Bournemouth

oh wait that's The Journey of Wilshere :D
  • Each season i wanna choose another team of my own choice. Without limits.
  • Tof33z
    6284 posts Big Money Move
    gia wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    Honestly, won't even open the game mode.
    Won't even play it, just like women's football. An unnecessary game mode.
    you get FUT-packs though.
    Played it at Gamescom and it seemed to be a fun small mode for the times you don't want to play FUT...

You get FUT packs from playing The Journey?
    yes, it was like that at Gamescom anyways! Packs for certain achieveme.
    @BRISTOL86 @Tof33z

Suppose it makes sense for ea. good way to get fut players to play the journey and to pull people from the journey into fut. more moneys