What first teams are you guys going to choose in The Journey?

1
Haukhaaland
41 posts Park Captain
edited September 2016
I dont really know what I'm going to pick, but I'd love to hear what you're going to do

Comments

  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I want to pick Man U, but I think I'll go with a smaller club in Southampton or Crystal Palace. Maybe even Middlesborough.
  • Haukhaaland
    41 posts Park Captain
    Jll02 wrote: »
    I want to pick Man U, but I think I'll go with a smaller club in Southampton or Crystal Palace. Maybe even Middlesborough.

    oh yeah actually Middlesborough is a good shout
  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Jll02 wrote: »
    I want to pick Man U, but I think I'll go with a smaller club in Southampton or Crystal Palace. Maybe even Middlesborough.

    oh yeah actually Middlesborough is a good shout
    I think crafting that club into a dynasty will allow Alex Hunter to cement his legacy.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Jll02 wrote: »
    Jll02 wrote: »
    I want to pick Man U, but I think I'll go with a smaller club in Southampton or Crystal Palace. Maybe even Middlesborough.

    oh yeah actually Middlesborough is a good shout
    I think crafting that club into a dynasty will allow Alex Hunter to cement his legacy.

    :D
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Arsenal.
  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Peter wrote: »
    Jll02 wrote: »
    Jll02 wrote: »
    I want to pick Man U, but I think I'll go with a smaller club in Southampton or Crystal Palace. Maybe even Middlesborough.

    oh yeah actually Middlesborough is a good shout
    I think crafting that club into a dynasty will allow Alex Hunter to cement his legacy.

    :D
    Care to elaborate?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Jll02 wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »
    Jll02 wrote: »
    Jll02 wrote: »
    I want to pick Man U, but I think I'll go with a smaller club in Southampton or Crystal Palace. Maybe even Middlesborough.

    oh yeah actually Middlesborough is a good shout
    I think crafting that club into a dynasty will allow Alex Hunter to cement his legacy.

    :D
    Care to elaborate?

    It made me laugh. Going slightly over the top there.
  • Burnley.
    For Sean Dyche. :lol:
    qSjFBA.gif
  • CeeQue
    10823 posts Has That Special Something
    If i can choose probably Boca Juniors and head follow that path. But if not then I'll probably choose Yeovil or Newcastle.
  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Peter wrote: »
    Jll02 wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »
    Jll02 wrote: »
    Jll02 wrote: »
    I want to pick Man U, but I think I'll go with a smaller club in Southampton or Crystal Palace. Maybe even Middlesborough.

    oh yeah actually Middlesborough is a good shout
    I think crafting that club into a dynasty will allow Alex Hunter to cement his legacy.

    :D
    Care to elaborate?

    It made me laugh. Going slightly over the top there.

    Fair enough.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24650 posts Club Captain
    Honestly, won't even open the game mode.
  • Daarky
    245 posts Sunday League Hero
    Newcastle... oh wait :(
  • Silent Singer74
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Won't even play it, just like women's football. An unnecessary game mode.
  • Azzabazza
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    If the Journey mode is great (Shall be testing it out when the demo releases) I'll be either Liverpool or as someone else said it, Middlesbrough. Most likely, it'll be Liverpool.
  • That game mode that has only got like 1 season to it, 1 league and 1 playable character? Yeah, not going to be touching that pile of crap. His game face looks awful & his voice is grating & it just looks completely cheesy.

    Hopefully it's gone for next year & they implement features, like the interviews you control, into career mode to make it more immersive.
  • tweepey
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    CeeQue wrote: »
    If i can choose probably Boca Juniors and head follow that path. But if not then I'll probably choose Yeovil or Newcastle.

    can only pick PL teams.
  • JDring
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm a Middlesbrough fan so its an easy choice here, glad to see we are a popular choice.

    I'm eager to see who plays the mentor role (like rooney) on the smaller teams.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2016
    Man U....just seems that whatever the story will be was built (or at least advertised) around a club like that...plus Mou was on stage @ E3 so they would have everything authentic for him. If I'm only gonna play it once (if it is limited to 1 season), might as well get the best experience
  • Alexf17
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    EA should be concentrating on giving the people that but the game what they want by that i mean fixing the problems/glitches in the game, giving us more leagues, stadiums ect that we ask for instead of some silly story mode that most people that do play it will probably get fed up with it after a few weeks to me it's definitely an unnecessary game mode which i won't even bother to entertain.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    SuPeRz wrote: »
    Man U....just seems that whatever the story will be was built (or at least advertised) around a club like that...plus Mou was on stage @ E3 so they would have everything authentic for him. If I'm only gonna play it once (if it is limited to 1 season), might as well get the best experience

    Not sure if Mourinho will have anything fancy or special in The Journey compared to any other manager, I just think they used Man Utd because they have a partnership with them.

    Could be completely wrong as I don't think anything has been said, I just assume the managers are more there for show rather than to be a direct part of the story.
  • mcclarse
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Alexf17 wrote: »
    EA should be concentrating on giving the people that but the game what they want by that i mean fixing the problems/glitches in the game, giving us more leagues, stadiums ect that we ask for instead of some silly story mode that most people that do play it will probably get fed up with it after a few weeks to me it's definitely an unnecessary game mode which i won't even bother to entertain.

    I think it was meant to attract people to the game who not only aren't football fans, but aren't fans of sports or sports games in general with its RPG elements. I personally have never done a player career because I've always felt I'm a little too old for it to be realistic playing as myself, so Iam definitely going to check this out, at Liverpool. HOPEFULLY this game mode is used as the foundations for a manager version, or to import major features into CM.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    West Ham or Southampton
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly, won't even open the game mode.
    Won't even play it, just like women's football. An unnecessary game mode.
    you get FUT-packs though.
    Played it at Gamescom and it seemed to be a fun small mode for the times you don't want to play FUT...
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    gia wrote: »
    Honestly, won't even open the game mode.
    Won't even play it, just like women's football. An unnecessary game mode.
    you get FUT-packs though.
    Played it at Gamescom and it seemed to be a fun small mode for the times you don't want to play FUT...

    You get FUT packs from playing The Journey?

  • Tof33z
    6470 posts Big Money Move
    gia wrote: »
    Honestly, won't even open the game mode.
    Won't even play it, just like women's football. An unnecessary game mode.
    you get FUT-packs though.
    Played it at Gamescom and it seemed to be a fun small mode for the times you don't want to play FUT...

    Seems highly unlikely from a non FUT mode
  • BCFC_SOTV
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sounds like absolute garbage, won't be touching it.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3256 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Leaning towards Bournemouth.

    Will form an explosive partnership with Callum Wilson, and it's an opportunity to kick Wilshere up the arse and get him to play football.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    BCFC_SOTV wrote: »
    Sounds like absolute garbage, won't be touching it.

    Really? I'm one of EA's biggest critics but the concept is a good one IMO.

    Clearly needs a lot more development/refinement to make it a more consuming mode but I think they're on to a good thing.
  • I seen a 15 min video of it from a pc. It actually looks really impressive, he starts on the bench and his friend I think he's called Walker starts, N has u warming up whilst crowd are chanting what are ya. U get called to come on and your given mini objectives like passing and impress the manager. Once the game is over u do a tv interview. I'm looking forward to playing it, get me off ultimate team for a while so the prices of players start to calm down
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    gia wrote: »
    Honestly, won't even open the game mode.
    Won't even play it, just like women's football. An unnecessary game mode.
    you get FUT-packs though.
    Played it at Gamescom and it seemed to be a fun small mode for the times you don't want to play FUT...

    You get FUT packs from playing The Journey?
    yes, it was like that at Gamescom anyways! Packs for certain achievements.
    @BRISTOL86 @Tof33z
Sign In or Register to comment.