The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Lagging H2H but not FUT

Heres my issue.

I play a lot of FUT and don't have any lag issues.

I started to play H2H and i lag alot.

Im in Australia with Telstra 8.1Mbps and on Pingtest.net i got a B*

Is there any reason why?

Comments

• Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    It all depends on where the opponents are from man. Is you NAT settings open? You never no, you could be on strict NAT settings and that often matches you up against Asians
  • NAT open???

Mine is on Type 2 how do you change the restrictions ?
  • Fletch
    Poodge1819 wrote: »
    NAT open???

Mine is on Type 2 how do you change the restrictions ?

Type 2 means it's open. Where in Australia are you located man?
  • Im in melbourne
  • Fletch
    Right.. When you do a speed test, what does it say your ping is?
  • 20ms
  • Fletch
    20ms

1-20 is ideal, so you're sweet in that department. Do you play on a TV or a monitor? Are you sure it's lag rather than input lag?
  • I play on a TV. Would my ISP have something to do with it???

My upload speed is 773.2 kbps and download speed is 9.9 Mbps

Input lag??

Thanks for your help
  • Fletch
    I play on a TV. Would my ISP have something to do with it???

My upload speed is 773.2 kbps and download speed is 9.9 Mbps

Input lag??

Thanks for your help

ISP could definitely have something to do with it.

Input lag is where there's a delay in response from the game after giving commands. For example, you press x/a for a short pass and it takes 1 second for the game to recognise your command. When you have input lag the gameplay doesn't skip and so on, but it feel unresponsive.
  • Thanks.
    Then yes i have input lag.
    Is there a way around getting a better upload speed. Ive seen that most Australian ISP have really low U/L speeds. Do you play online? And how do you get around the input lag issue.

• Fletch
    Thanks.
    Then yes i have input lag.
    Is there a way around getting a better upload speed. Ive seen that most Australian ISP have really low U/L speeds. Do you play online? And how do you get around the input lag issue.

Yeah man. I live about an hour away from Brisbane and grew up in somewhat of a regional town, so I know how bang average the Internet can be here. I'm lucky now as I recently moved to a house that is in the original NBN setup so I have a full fibre connection (4 ping, 50d, 30u). My issue in the past was really just unstable Internet, it got even worse after the 2011 floods seeing as I lived not even 5 minutes away from the place that was hit the worst.

I have never had a constant battle with input lag. I'd occasionally get it when I used to play on my 50" TV, even with last years model of a Samsung curved TV I had an occasional issue. About 2-3 months ago I decided to buy a gaming monitor and it's been brilliant, probably the best decision I've ever made when it's come to online gaming. Now this option isn't for everyone and sometimes isn't practical. It was for me as I had the money to do so, while also utilising my TV in another room!

With your TV, have you tried playing it in Gaming mode if it has that option? If so does it make much of a difference?

Another option is that your HDMI cable is dodgy. In the past I was having issues with the sound being distorted and was getting input delay in menu. I had a spare brand new HDMI cable laying around and decided to use it; it fixed the issue immediately. It was just a $15 one as well.

TLDR; I don't think it's a problem from your ISP. Your ping is decent and internet speeds don't really mean much when it comes to a P2P game. Let me know how you go
  • Thankyou for the advice.
  • Antparry92
    18927 posts World Class
    Entirely the opposite for me. I had 3 terribly laggy matches in a row on FUT. Went on to h2h and both matches were as smooth as you like