FUT Champions/FIFA Interactive World Cup PC discrimination ???

Dominion
21 posts Last Pick at the Park
I thought I would find out a bit more on the Fifa 17 FUT Champions weekend competition to see if it would interest me in getting involved in FUT, which I have little interest in. This is what is on the EA sports fut champions web sight

"FUT Champions is the all-new way to compete in FIFA 17 on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Each week, qualify for the Weekend League and compete for in-game rewards. Consistently showcase your skill and climb the Monthly Leaderboards to earn in-game rewards and the opportunity to take your game to the world stage. "

Sounds good until at the bottom.

"*Internet connection and EA Account required. Must be 13+ to create an account.
**Qualification for the EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 Ultimate Team Championship Series and the FIFA Interactive World Cup is only available to eligible players on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. No other platforms and consoles are supported for qualification. Residence in eligible countries required. Final terms and structure subject to change."

Mmmm. PC gamers can play in the weekend tournaments, become ranked number one, but cannot compete in the FIFA Interactive World Cup !!!

Why is this so, and why keep what could be a large body of potential competitors locked out?

Could it be that EA are afraid of PC players competing against Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players? Afraid that the PC players might be better, more professional? Or is it that there is a commercial arrangement between EA and Microsoft and Sony to lock PC players out.

I know that to play using a PC would most likely mean also using the RSI prone game pad over my mandatory preference of keyboard and mouse, which will mean I would not be able to compete, but what is it that EA find so offensive about PC players that they lock them out of competing in the world championships?

Konami PC negligence for PES is why I don't even consider that game . Is EA going in the same direction?
What else is there that PC players are locked out of in Fifa 17?

Comments

  • Dominion wrote: »
    I thought I would find out a bit more on the Fifa 17 FUT Champions weekend competition to see if it would interest me in getting involved in FUT, which I have little interest in. This is what is on the EA sports fut champions web sight

    "FUT Champions is the all-new way to compete in FIFA 17 on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Each week, qualify for the Weekend League and compete for in-game rewards. Consistently showcase your skill and climb the Monthly Leaderboards to earn in-game rewards and the opportunity to take your game to the world stage. "

    Sounds good until at the bottom.

    "*Internet connection and EA Account required. Must be 13+ to create an account.
    **Qualification for the EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 Ultimate Team Championship Series and the FIFA Interactive World Cup is only available to eligible players on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. No other platforms and consoles are supported for qualification. Residence in eligible countries required. Final terms and structure subject to change."

    Mmmm. PC gamers can play in the weekend tournaments, become ranked number one, but cannot compete in the FIFA Interactive World Cup !!!

    Why is this so, and why keep what could be a large body of potential competitors locked out?

    Could it be that EA are afraid of PC players competing against Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players? Afraid that the PC players might be better, more professional? Or is it that there is a commercial arrangement between EA and Microsoft and Sony to lock PC players out.

    I know that to play using a PC would most likely mean also using the RSI prone game pad over my mandatory preference of keyboard and mouse, which will mean I would not be able to compete, but what is it that EA find so offensive about PC players that they lock them out of competing in the world championships?

    Konami PC negligence for PES is why I don't even consider that game . Is EA going in the same direction?
    What else is there that PC players are locked out of in Fifa 17?

    Yeah, we have to ban the PC players because they're too good. How can us console peasants compete with these superior beings?

    In all seriousness, it's probably got something to do with the amount of cheating on PC, which EA either can't stop or won't stop for whatever reason.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Get a console.

    #consolemasterraces.
  • Vignol91
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    CaTriEm wrote: »

    Yeah, we have to ban the PC players because they're too good. How can us console peasants compete with these superior beings?

    In all seriousness, it's probably got something to do with the amount of cheating on PC, which EA either can't stop or won't stop for whatever reason.

    This. Without all the sarcasm (even though it was funny). EA have admitted they can't control the cheating on PC. So explain to me why PC players should take spots which are extremely limited from console players, when there is a very good chance he cheated to get there.
  • Retro_G
    29321 posts Player of the Year
    PC full of cheaters. Console is better for sports games.
  • Fletch
    3406 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    PC full of cheaters. Console is better for sports games.

    This, but a guy from the Asian region cheated his way into the Finals on Xbox this year. He boosted all his results and got away with it even though he was reported numerous times with evidence lol
Sign In or Register to comment.