How do I stop every single second ball being for my opponent?

Mr_Don123
2282 posts Fans' Favourite
In literally almost every situation, the ball ends up in my opponent's feet. That means even if I tackle 3 times, the ball goes back to the opponent. When I have the ball and the opponent tackles, the ball also just somehow ends up to the opponent. It's kind of frustrating to almost never get the second ball and it's very hard to compete in div 1 because of this. Does anyone have tips?

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    That's the million dollar question bro.
  • Ben
    3312 posts National Call-Up
    Tape down L2....it sucks the ball towards you and disables opponents input.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain

• nextqprmanager
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    Ben wrote: »

Ben Is that with & without the ball?
  • Mr_Don123 wrote: »
    In literally almost every situation, the ball ends up in my opponent's feet. That means even if I tackle 3 times, the ball goes back to the opponent. When I have the ball and the opponent tackles, the ball also just somehow ends up to the opponent. It's kind of frustrating to almost never get the second ball and it's very hard to compete in div 1 because of this. Does anyone have tips?

Snap your disc and don't buy Fifa 17.
  • Shadox81
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mr_Don123 wrote: »

Its in the game, the people who play this game for a longer time all know this exists, Arcade catchup **** mechanics.

Just uninstall and play something else.
    Better yet play the pes demo and dont look back untill ea fix/remove that bs.
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes op I have experienced this many times the ball just keeps going back to my opponent high pressing with perfect defence it doesn't make sense
  • Shadox81
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Minty89 wrote: »
    Yes op I have experienced this many times the ball just keeps going back to my opponent high pressing with perfect defence it doesn't make sense

Yes Arcade Catchup Meachnics, it was always in race games(mostly by ea) and somehow they translated this into their engine, hence the weird stuff happening even when you exactly counter it and make no mistake" weird sh.t" will happen, its in the game.
  • K_DeBruyne
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Snap your disc and don't buy Fifa 17.[/quote]

I tried this and it worked
  • Liam W
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite
    When you have these games, there isn't much you can do in all honesty. What I would say is try your hardest not to get frustrated and make mistakes but really try to up the pressure on your opponent.

When you are against one of those guys who you just can't get the ball back off despite him only playing forward passes and constantly running head on into your players, sitting off is about the worst thing you can do IMO.
  • Mr_Don123
    Liam W wrote: »
    When you have these games, there isn't much you can do in all honesty. What I would say is try your hardest not to get frustrated and make mistakes but really try to up the pressure on your opponent.

When you are against one of those guys who you just can't get the ball back off despite him only playing forward passes and constantly running head on into your players, sitting off is about the worst thing you can do IMO.

Just had it again in second round of draft. For example, he had a corner, i headed it away, got to his player, i tackled before he shot, got to his player again. he had a shot, i got to it in time to deflect, lands to his player. He fails the 1v1 but I just don't know what to do in those situations. That game was like that the whole time.
  • Not as bad as the problem i have. Some games disconnect whenever i press slide tackle. Can work for some of the game then all of a sudden, go to perform a slide tackle.....instant disconnect.
  • nextqprmanager
    Not as bad as the problem i have. Some games disconnect whenever i press slide tackle. Can work for some of the game then all of a sudden, go to perform a slide tackle.....instant disconnect.

do you have silvers?
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    As said above... Sometimes you simply cannot control/maintain possession. The slightest of tackles and the ball is away. Passes take 2-3 touches to settle. Passes get away from your players.

L2/LT dribble and turn. Assume as soon as your opponent is aside of you that the ball will be taken away. Use L2/LT to shield and turn. You don't even need to use a direction input. AI will turn you away automatically. Sometimes even turning you to the middle of the field and having a clear passing or running lane. It's borderline impossible for the defender to get thru you when you are holding L2/LT. You, at the bare minimum, get a couple seconds on the ball. Only thing that can happen is your opponent uses AI 2nd player contain then manually runs another player to the exact opposite side of the containing player. But that takes a little time too.

Get off the run button. When receiving passes, stay off the run button. After your first touch go back on the run if you like. Don't pass while holding run either.

I like driven passes, but if I am in a game and having a hard time maintaining possession, I go away from driven passes. I only use normal passing which forces me to make shorter, quicker passes.

That's all I got.
  • Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ben wrote: »

Yup. And don't some people online know it.
  • Sir Linvoy of Frattonshire
    2873 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2016
    Not as bad as the problem i have. Some games disconnect whenever i press slide tackle. Can work for some of the game then all of a sudden, go to perform a slide tackle.....instant disconnect.

do you have silvers?

I do pack only so now and again i might have one or 2 but not a whole team

It just happened in my last game about 5 mins ago. No silvers in the 11 but 1 on the bench
  • Mr_Don123

Is there nothing wrong with your controller?
  • Mr_Don123 wrote: »

Is there nothing wrong with your controller?

Nope.....if it was the controller surely it would do it all the time?? Its so weird.....if im losing or drawing the match, the game wont register and i get to play it again but still get any match coins from it. However, if im winning, it does register and i get the 3 points plus match coins. I hate it, i dont want to win like that, i want to win knowing i deserved it over the full 90 mins.

Just another example of a very poorly made game.
  • Sir Linvoy of Frattonshire
    2873 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2016
    And again!!!! :s this game is absolutly abysmal. Hoping for massive improvements in 17 from this complete shambles.
  • nextqprmanager

do you have silvers?

It just happened in my last game about 5 mins ago. No silvers in the 11 but 1 on the bench

Only cause I dont know if you know, but players were complaining that slide tackles cause disconnects if you have silver players - its a glitch or sumthing
  • Fab
    17880 posts World Class
    get good
  • CFCHenri
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    K_DeBruyne wrote: »
    Snap your disc and don't buy Fifa 17.

I tried this and it worked

• Mr_Don123
    Fab wrote: »
    get good

shush now fab, u know my qualities.
  • Fab
    17880 posts World Class
    i know when i pick up my dictionary and i look for the definition of average i'll see your name beneath it
  • Not as bad as the problem i have. Some games disconnect whenever i press slide tackle. Can work for some of the game then all of a sudden, go to perform a slide tackle.....instant disconnect.

do you have silvers?

Only cause I dont know if you know, but players were complaining that slide tackles cause disconnects if you have silver players - its a glitch or sumthing

I didnt know that!! Thanks for the heads up. I wonder how that works then because mine was on the bench and i didnt bring him on.
  • eltoro
    1758 posts Play-Off Hero
    Slow it down a little, pick your passes. Take your time. Then, increase the tempo as you get more comfortable.