New Ratings. Will they change current legends rating and stats too?

Solomace
460 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi peeps,

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, had a quick scan and couldn't see anything.

With the new ratings coming out and players ratings and most stats being increased, shouldn't some of the original legends be revisited and have the stats increased or made better than they currently are?

I was always shocked that Van Basten stats say he's slow when in reality he was faster than this and most of the lower end legend strikers are poorer than the actual player was such as Teddy and Shearer. These too could score for fun, but are pretty much meh in Fifa. Don't get me going on Fowler.

With the new ratings, a lot of players will be up to and better than the legends ratings and stats, so what will they do now to make them more special and worth it? One quick way would be to revert them back to how they were in Fifa 14 when they actually were special and had the legends star dust on them (Kluivert was class).

If nothing happens to the majority of legends (Gullit, Pele, Berkamp, Maldini, Matthaus are exempt) then you're buying just because of memories, allegiance to your club but not because most are as good as or better than the current non legends (once again, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Neymar etc excluded).

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Comments

• Reus
    22559 posts Club Captain
    They **** better change them
  • Reus
    22559 posts Club Captain
    I mean if neymar is 92 then George Best should be 94/95

If suarez is 92 Mvb should be 94

If boateng is 90 nesta should be 92

If de gea is 90 Schmeichel should be 92
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    We've had a long, long debate on this. Please don't dig it back up :joy:
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Reus wrote: »
    I mean if neymar is 92 then George Best should be 94/95

If suarez is 92 Mvb should be 94

If boateng is 90 nesta should be 92

If de gea is 90 Schmeichel should be 92

Totally agree will be the heights of laziness if they don't re do them..
  • Solomace
    edited September 2016

Great, those who don't want to discuss like yourself can find other new topics to discuss then no? Those who missed the debate and would like to discuss can come here and discuss like some have already no?

Thanks for your input :smile:
  • Agent VZ
    They really should adjust them yearly to suit the game mechanics.. Will also keep things fresh and interesting when your reviewing them every year.
  • Hibee
    12073 posts Has That Special Something
    Technically no, as legends can't exactly improve after they have retired. But they should def revisit the ones they have messed up on. Starting with Nesta and Van Basten.
  • Richard
    11448 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2016
    Don't think there is a single person that doesn't agree with this, but EA is lazy.
  • Solomace
    edited September 2016
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    They really should adjust them yearly to suit the game mechanics.. Will also keep things fresh and interesting when your reviewing them every year.

I agree.

I've played with every legend since it started and will only play with certain ones now because most are just not worth it. Adjust them like you said would let me go back and try some them again.

I'm unsure about the new legends and they're not floating my boat to be honest, but will try them.

• Michael LFC 96
    Solomace wrote: »

Great, those who don't want to discuss like yourself can find other new topics to discuss then no? Those who missed the debate and would like to discuss can come here and discuss like some have already no?

Ok sweetheart, Salt isn't nice on its own, want some Pepper?
  • Agent VZ

I agree.

I've played with every legend since it started and will only play with certain ones now because most are just not worth it. Adjust them like you said would let go back and try some them again.

I'm unsure about the new legends and they're not floating my boat to be honest, but will try them.

Not saying drastically change their stats and make it unrealistic but just a tweak yearly to suit the new rating system and game mechanics.. We all know they're gonna play great but neymar a 93 and George best at 90 just looks off.
  • Solomace
    Hibee wrote: »
    Technically no, as legends can't exactly improve after they have retired. But they should def revisit the ones they have messed up on. Starting with Nesta and Van Basten.

True, but as they've been given legend status, most should have that something different to normal cards.

I know I sound like a stuck record, but in Fifa 14, they all seem have that little something more than normal cards. A turn here, a little flick there. Scoring some worldies.

After 14 they toned them down a lot and I think what I'm really asking for is to turn the dial back up and make them special again.

But yes, defo revisit the stats and if they've boosted the golds up which they have, then boost up the legends too is what I'm really saying.

• Solomace

Great, always one who wants to derail a thread.

I think it's you that needs the pepper no? Want me to call you a taxi now?
  • Solomace
    edited September 2016

I agree.

I've played with every legend since it started and will only play with certain ones now because most are just not worth it. Adjust them like you said would let go back and try some them again.

Not saying drastically change their stats and make it unrealistic but just a tweak yearly to suit the new rating system and game mechanics.. We all know they're gonna play great but neymar a 93 and George best at 90 just looks off.

Yep, didn't think about that. As much as Neymar is class, George was... well we know.
  • Richard
    11448 posts Has That Special Something

TBF, there are indeed a lot of threads on this matter and it has been mentioned a lot in the 'Confirmed ratings' thread.

+ Why would anyone disagree with it? Anyone can see the obvious problem with legends.
  • Michael LFC 96

Why are you being a little **** for? :joy: I wasn't having a go to start with but if you're going to be hostile and go on the defensive for absolutely no reason at all then that's your prerogative :joy:
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
  • Solomace

Why are you being a little **** for? :joy: I wasn't having a go to start with but if you're going to be hostile and go on the defensive for absolutely no reason at all then that's your prerogative :joy:

Wow, still here are you? Not got the willpower to move along? Need to get that one last dig in?

Only one little **** here. Look in the mirror.
  • Michael LFC 96

Wow, still here are you? Not got the willpower to move along? Need to get that one last dig in?

Only one little **** here. Look in the mirror.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Ok mate :joy:
  • hoban95
    49133 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Get a f*cking room lads, christ.

As for the actual topic, the OP shares the same view as all of us. They better boost Legends as it will be a joke tbh. I real joke. Gut feeling is they won't. That's more work for EA.
  • Solomace
    Richard wrote: »

TBF, there are indeed a lot of threads on this matter and it has been mentioned a lot in the 'Confirmed ratings' thread.

+ Why would anyone disagree with it? Anyone can see the obvious problem with legends.

And yet my first words are "Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, had a quick scan and couldn't see anything."

A quick check here would have helped, but if someone is being a .... then I respond.

No one is forcing anyone to read the post or even more, respond to it if they don't want to so what make him so special?
  • Solomace

Noooooo... :wink:
  • Finesse_4days
    7251 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    Its obvious they will upgrade their ratings because they will have the same stats as they can hardly downgrade their stats . With the same stats their ratings will mostly be increased by 2.

Anyone else thought that Ea have increased players overalls to make them harder to pack ?meaning more FIFA points will be opened, as they will be some false hype around the higher ratings as well.
    Meaning $> 4EA
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Everyone will change. It's not really masses of work for EA, they don't sit and calculate each one individually.

It'll be a formula that collects important data points.

Hopefully we get the full database tonight.
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2016

He literally said "Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, had a quick scan and couldn't see anything.", and you couldn't just answer the question, but decide to bring it up that the topic has already been discussed over and still don't give an answer.

He asked in the nicest way possible and then start ridiculing him, what's wrong with you.
  • Michael LFC 96
    Snipguy wrote: »

He literally said "Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, had a quick scan and couldn't see anything.", and you couldn't just answer the question, but decide to bring it up that the topic has already been discussed over and still don't give an answer.

He asked in the nicest way possible and then start ridiculing him, what's wrong with you.

That wasn't ridiculing, maybe it's my sense of humour but it was in no way meant to offend or antagonise anyone :joy: :frowning:
  • Hibee
    12073 posts Has That Special Something
    Its obvious they will upgrade their ratings because they will have the same stats as they can hardly downgrade their stats . With the same stats their ratings will mostly be increased by 2.

Anyone else thought that Ea have increased players overalls to make them harder to pack ?meaning more FIFA points will be opened, as they will be some false hype around the higher ratings as well.
    Meaning $> 4EA

Oh without any doubt at all, this is def why players ratings have increased. It also means more useless 75 rated rare golds to fill up packs. EVERYTHING EA do in FUT is about $$$$$.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    When do we normally find out legend/normal database?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    When do we normally find out legend/normal database?

I'm hoping someone with Rainman like memory skills with know. I can barely remember the launch date from 16.
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Snipguy wrote: »

That wasn't ridiculing, maybe it's my sense of humour but it was in no way meant to offend or antagonise anyone :joy: :frowning:

Not the original reply. The wind up ones and you calling him ****