Can't decide if I want to buy fifa17 or not??

raz5229
1092 posts Professional
As title. I've been bored as hell this last month and haven't played 16 much at all, I sold up and just play draft only to get Man U pogba so sold for 320k, so built a la liga squad, but I'm just not enjoying playing. I played the closed beta, but I only played 30 games, I just couldn't be arsed!! Will this change if I buy 17 as it will be a fresh start and will be competitive where as the beta wasn't competitive.

Comments

• woggyboy86
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    I do the same thing every year. Get Fifa play seasons Early as I enjoy playing with Bronze/Silver teams. After a while I'll play pro clubs, then start manager career mode and then go back to UT but by then everyone has a much better team than me so I get bored quickly and move to another game.

I'll still end up getting Fifa 17 though lol
  • jrsantss
    674 posts Sunday League Hero
    dont buy
  • Kamilflage
    4525 posts National Call-Up
    Just don't buy it day 1...
    Wait to see what people say. Chances are it's gonna be another piece of crap like everything else this company produces.
  • Just_Unfair
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    They won...nothing better to play soo Ohh well here we go again
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    You'll obviously end up buying it, we all do. Just pre-order it now and end the turmoil of indecisiveness.
  • nextqprmanager
    3322 posts National Call-Up
    will you miss it?
  • raz5229
    1092 posts Professional
    Probably will pre order, and probably would miss it. Oh I don't know lol
  • Ishibum
    12168 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm not getting it. I feel EA have been taking advantage of the fact people need a football fix and have been contemptible in how they have supported the last couple of Fifas.
  • dbslbu
    1810 posts Fans' Favourite
    I preordered this morning. Also preordered Battlefield. They own me.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Orikoru wrote: »
    You'll obviously end up buying it, we all do. Just pre-order it now and end the turmoil of indecisiveness.

• raz5229
    1092 posts Professional
    Ok ok so I'll pre order it. Next decision is how.
    A. Shopto hard copy delivered @ £40 plus spend £100 on points
    B. Deluxe edition hard copy delivered @ £55 plus £85 on points
    C. Digital from ps store @ £55 plus £85 on points

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
  • RTG101
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Spend some time getting used to PES controls.
    Other than the slow loading between replays it's a far better game.
    FIFA is dead
  • RTG101
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also after the FIFA 16 scripted and fixed crap I don't think EA deserve another lump of cash from sales.
    They need to learn we are customers and deserve better
  • indcolts18288
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    Orikoru wrote: »
    This
  • hayhor1
    raz5229 wrote: »
    Ok ok so I'll pre order it. Next decision is how.
    A. Shopto hard copy delivered @ £40 plus spend £100 on points
    B. Deluxe edition hard copy delivered @ £55 plus £85 on points
    C. Digital from ps store @ £55 plus £85 on points

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

1st one. you can always sell the hard copy.
  • bgp1845
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    "can't decide if i want to buy fifa...i really don't enjoy it anymore."
    *12 posts later*
    "how should i buy a game that is a month from release and how much extra money should i throw at it lads!?!?!?!"

this is why the games been getting worse and worse. they got everybody by the balls.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    Basically... what would you do if you don't buy 17?

If you have a long list of games or activities or hobbies or responsibilities lined up in lieu of 17, then don't buy it. If you have nothing else to play, or just have a football-game-shaped hole in your soul (like me), then buy it.

BTW I tried PES and I found it really really boring. So IMO it's FIFA or nothing, no matter how bad it is.
  • Alan94
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Buy it but don't spend a dime on points, they're not worth it, that's what I do every year.
  • dbslbu
    1810 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd imagine pretty much everyone here is obsessed with FIFA, that's why we're all here. I don't even use facebook but I feel obliged to be a part of these forums to keep up with any news in the game I spend pretty much every evening and most of the weekend on (I did used to have a life but that was over rated). There was a time when I didn't have a console for about 4 years. Before then, I was a PES addict. FIFA got me back in '09 and although I started FUT in 2011, I never got fully obsessed until FIFA 13. Still at this stage of the game, I'm constantly selling up and trying out new teams. There's been issues this year and a lot of us feel cheated by the chem thing in perticular but the game still has my full attention.

It is an addiction. I slip into a coma when I'm playing and hours just fly by.

I'd be interested to hear how long those who claim they won't buy it last before cracking. Not having a dig or calling anyone fickle at all. I'm genuinely interested. I had been saying to my non FIFA mates that I would not buy next year but I cracked even before release! I do feel aggrieved by the whole chem thing and the amount of disconnects I've had but I am well and truly addicted to this game.

Those who do manage to quit, do they all go to PES or do people find a way to live without footy games?

They have been very important to my life since Kick Off and I couldn't really imagine not buying a footy game every year now!
  • hayhor1
    dbslbu wrote: »
    I'd imagine pretty much everyone here is obsessed with FIFA, that's why we're all here. I don't even use facebook but I feel obliged to be a part of these forums to keep up with any news in the game I spend pretty much every evening and most of the weekend on (I did used to have a life but that was over rated). There was a time when I didn't have a console for about 4 years. Before then, I was a PES addict. FIFA got me back in '09 and although I started FUT in 2011, I never got fully obsessed until FIFA 13. Still at this stage of the game, I'm constantly selling up and trying out new teams. There's been issues this year and a lot of us feel cheated by the chem thing in perticular but the game still has my full attention.

It is an addiction. I slip into a coma when I'm playing and hours just fly by.

I'd be interested to hear how long those who claim they won't buy it last before cracking. Not having a dig or calling anyone fickle at all. I'm genuinely interested. I had been saying to my non FIFA mates that I would not buy next year but I cracked even before release! I do feel aggrieved by the whole chem thing and the amount of disconnects I've had but I am well and truly addicted to this game.

Those who do manage to quit, do they all go to PES or do people find a way to live without footy games?

They have been very important to my life since Kick Off and I couldn't really imagine not buying a footy game every year now!

Well said.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I'm not getting it. I feel EA have been taking advantage of the fact people need a football fix and have been contemptible in how they have supported the last couple of Fifas.

I sort of feel the same, which is why I didn't buy 16. But because of that I kind of miss playing a footie game so this year I'm once again tempted to buy it, even though I know many of the problems present for years will still remain. :|
  • raz5229
    1092 posts Professional
    @dbslbu I agree mate, I think deep down I was hoping everybody would say 'don't buy' , I don't dislike (the CHEM thing annoyed me) FIFA 16 and liked what the 17 beta had to offer but to be bored with the game (16) then I had to ask the question. I love football and football games, maybe there hasn't been enough bs lately, none in 17 beta I will add. No excitement after a few days of beta because didn't seem to mean anything apart from testing the gameplay.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    I'm not playin16 for about 3months now, so i think i lostbmy addiction. I'll buy 17 with 100€ on points. Lets see what up and if they make me feel like i feld this year, well then... Itl be over real quick!