Fifa 17 Player Ratings

cdbuck
569 posts Sunday League Hero
So I'm wondering, once EA creates a player's stats (for example, pace 86, shooting 79, etc) then how do they get to the "overall" rating? Because I see some players don't even have stats as high as their overall, and then others have all of their stats over, say, 80, but they only have an overall rating of 81. So can anyone explain how this works? I'm also interested about Fifa 17 player ratings, if you know anything about those.

Comments

• DadTbx
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    cdbuck wrote: »
    So I'm wondering, once EA creates a player's stats (for example, pace 86, shooting 79, etc) then how do they get to the "overall" rating? Because I see some players don't even have stats as high as their overall, and then others have all of their stats over, say, 80, but they only have an overall rating of 81. So can anyone explain how this works? I'm also interested about Fifa 17 player ratings, if you know anything about those.
    The only thing I know is that there is something called "Nation Pride", players from national teams get +1,+2 or +3 in overall according to their contribution/fame in National teams.

• cdbuck
    Ahhhh, that would make more sense
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    DadTbx wrote: »
    cdbuck wrote: »
    The only thing I know is that there is something called "Nation Pride", players from national teams get +1,+2 or +3 in overall according to their contribution/fame in National teams.

I think you mean 'international reputation' and it's more to do with how well known they are across the globe I would think.

To answer the original question - their overall rating is dictated by the stats relevant to their position. So if a striker has really low defending on his card, that would be irrelevant to his OVR, for example. A centre back with 90 for standing and sliding tackle could have a decent overall rating even if all his passing, dribbling, shooting stats are terrible.
  • cdbuck
    thanks for the information!