Who will be number 1 during stats reveal?

Marrone
97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Surely it finally will be Cristiano Ronaldo winning CL, Euro 2016, topscorer Cl, to be fifa ballon d'or winner this year etc. Etc.? He has deserved to be number 1 in the past but EA chose to still put him at 2 because of messi being face and cover of fifa last couple of years. Now thats no longer, it has to be cr7.

Following that line, should messi even be 2? Didnt griezmann perform better? Messi wasnt even nominated as last 3 for best player of europe.

Whats the general thought in this?

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20476 posts Club Captain
    Marrone wrote: »
    Surely it finally will be Cristiano Ronaldo winning CL, Euro 2016, topscorer Cl, to be fifa ballon d'or winner this year etc. Etc.? He has deserved to be number 1 in the past but EA chose to still put him at 2 because of messi being face and cover of fifa last couple of years. Now thats no longer, it has to be cr7.

Following that line, should messi even be 2? Didnt griezmann perform better? Messi wasnt even nominated as last 3 for best player of europe.

Whats the general thought in this?

Messi's contarcr had nothing to do with him being a higher rated card, Messi is still by far the better player, but Ronny had a Better season. Both being 94 would suffice
  • Mugiwara93
    90 posts Park Captain
    Cristiano won Balon D'or up to FIFA15 and FIFA16 yet he was never rated higher than Messi. Hell, I don't even think he was rated equal, he's always been lower than Messi in FIFA, hasn't he? Correct me if I'm wrong there. Obviously because Messi was coverstar for 15 and 16. I still think EA will suck up to Messi and rate him above Cristiano for FIFA17.

They should both be 94 but that won't happen. Honestly, Cristiano could probably win the Treble and Messi nothing, yet Messi would still be above Cristiano in FIFA #EALogic.

• Shaanxz
    20476 posts Club Captain
    Mugiwara93 wrote: »
    Cristiano won Balon D'or up to FIFA15 and FIFA16 yet he was never rated higher than Messi. Hell, I don't even think he was rated equal, he's always been lower than Messi in FIFA, hasn't he? Correct me if I'm wrong there. Obviously because Messi was coverstar for 15 and 16. I still think EA will suck up to Messi and rate him above Cristiano for FIFA17.

They should both be 94 but that won't happen. Honestly, Cristiano could probably win the Treble and Messi nothing, yet Messi would still be above Cristiano in FIFA #EALogic.

His contract with ea had nothing to do with his rating
  • Mugiwara93
    90 posts Park Captain
    You must be deluded as hell if you think that isn't the case.

• Marrone
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Do you have any real arguments for that?
  • ManzGOTIT
    2248 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ronaldo has had the better season team wise I guess but I dunno I think Messi will somehow come on top
    In my honest opinion though I believe Harambe is number one
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class

Following that line, should messi even be 2? Didnt griezmann perform better? Messi wasnt even nominated as last 3 for best player of europe

:joy:
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Surely Warburton should be the top rated player, as he was one of the most sought after last season.
  • Staggie
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    If it is any thing to do with contracts then when Rooney was the cover star. Why was he not a 99 rated? Why is Reus only an 88?
  • holdenwait
    56191 posts National Treasure
    Messi .. even an equal rating with Ronaldo would be an insult tbh
  • GoodnightIrene
    3349 posts National Call-Up
    I believe at the very least they should be equal if not Ronaldo higher and I firmly believe Messi being cover star did not effect his stats or rating.
  • Sellish
    9167 posts League Winner
    They should be equal. EA can't make Messi better again.
  • Sellish wrote: »
    They should be equal. EA can't make Messi better again.

• Shaanxz
    20476 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Do you have any real arguments for that?

Chuboi mentioned it every year when he was an ea employee
  • Marrone
    Its about to go down!

If CR7 does not come up on number 1 after his best season ever winning everything, and i mean not even with equal stats but with higher stats than messi, EA will be a complete joke and cannot be taken seriously anymore.

Im no Cristiano Ronaldo nor Messi fanboy. Just looking at the facts and its respresentation in the game

We will see........
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    Pretty sure winning something doesn't mean your stats will go higher, they are high ratings because they are the best players in football right now and excel at various stats, ie finishing etc, winning a trophy won't make that increase or not.
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Messi is top 5 player of all time. He is the better player. Ronaldo had the better season but its widely known that messi is the best in the world.
  • Dutchcaliber

Christiano never won the treble. Messi won it twice. Messi has 5 ballon d ors ronaldo has 3.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year

Christiano never won the treble. Messi won it twice. Messi has 5 ballon d ors ronaldo has 3.

4 probably in three months.. Should be given his due this year. His TOTY is also gonna be higher rated mostly.
  • APEX0107
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Titles dont mean anything. Using that logic Jose Bosingwa is better than Griezmann because Bosingwa won the Champions League. The highest rated player would be the player with the best individual performances throughout the season.
  • APEX0107
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think they should both be 94 with upgraded and downgraded in game stats.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5501 posts Big Money Move
    Messi 93/94
    Ronaldo 94/95

It seems the formula for overall has changed, Ronaldo's better physical and shooting stats will make him a higher rated player IMO.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    APEX0107 wrote: »
    Titles dont mean anything. Using that logic Jose Bosingwa is better than Griezmann because Bosingwa won the Champions League.
    Who is this Griezmann anyway? Padoin won 5 back to back 'Scudetti'. Surely his overall should be better than Ibrahimovic's one then.

• Iván
    998 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    Lol then Pepe should be 92 rated because he won CL and Euro as well and Eder 86 rated

Ronaldos performance in Euro and CL semifinals and final were average. 94-95 rating would be a joke. All the teams he scored against in last season of CL didnt even make it to group stage this year lol
  • TMaher7
    1009 posts Professional
    Why do people get so irate about Ronaldo and Messi?

They're both out of this world yet people always try to pick flaws in them both. Hope they're both 94 so we won't have the next year of "Ronaldo should be higher" or "Messi deserves to be better rated".
  • Dutchcaliber
    Agent VZ wrote: »

4 probably in three months.. Should be given his due this year. His TOTY is also gonna be higher rated mostly.

We will have to see about that. Its still 3 more months and this year there is not really a clear winner since both their seasons were poor for their standards. But still messi is 2 years younger than ronaldo and will probably win more ballon d ors anyway.
  • Shaanxz
    20476 posts Club Captain
    Robaldo needs pace and dribbling decrease but shooting, physical and passing upgrade
  • I seen on a YouTube video ronaldo is 94 n messi is 93
  • holdenwait
    56191 posts National Treasure
    Its about to go down!

If CR7 does not come up on number 1 after his best season ever winning everything, and i mean not even with equal stats but with higher stats than messi, EA will be a complete joke and cannot be taken seriously anymore.

Im no Cristiano Ronaldo nor Messi fanboy. Just looking at the facts and its respresentation in the game

:D cause he won it by himself right? his best season.. far from it unless scoring double hat tricks against malmo etc makes it that. his last years at Man u and the first 4-5 at Madrid were far more impressive from an individual standpoint.
  • Ses043
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ronaldo in my opinion definitely deserves a higher rating than Messi for this FIFA.