The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Worth selling up for Messi?

Argentus
672 posts An Exciting Prospect
I have a full Argentina squad, stuck in Div 4, will nif Messi take me higher if I get rid of most of my in forms? Here is current team:

93 Higs 90 Tevez\84 Dybala
TOTS Piatti
Di Maria\Pereyra TOTS Pizzaro Hero Cambiasso
Vangioni TOTS Rodriguez Otamendi TOTS Buffarini
80 Romero

Would also appreciate any other suggested changes.

Comments

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    One player won't get you there as you'll just force the ball to Messi all the time.

How many coins do you have?
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just do it man , in a couple of weeks Fifa will be over , enjoy one of the top cards in the game for the last weeks , you wont regret
  • Argentus
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    One player won't get you there as you'll just force the ball to Messi all the time.

How many coins do you have?

I tend to play passing/possession style with minimal skilling, so I don't try to force it, and have balanced scoring with ST/CAM. Always get done by quick counters! I have a few other cheap IF, so if I sell up I'll have 400-450k.
  • Games dead, might as well try everything you want now.
  • Argentus
    Brazil4fun wrote: »
    Just do it man , in a couple of weeks Fifa will be over , enjoy one of the top cards in the game for the last weeks , you wont regret

Does Messi get bullied? I'm not great at no touch dribbling or skill moves.
  • AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    Argentus wrote: »

he's weak yes, and the best way to use him is with no touch dribble
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite

His high balance makes up for the low strength , are you seriously going to miss the chance to play with Messi before Fifa 16 is over ?? you shouldn´t
  • Leos215
    606 posts Sunday League Hero

For a little guy Messi holds his own. I always have trouble knocking him off the ball and has won several headers against me.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19460 posts World Class

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Try him out
  • Argentus
    Great review, thanks for the advice. May still do it, but in the meantime picked up Zlatan to spearhead my Argentina side. Even the NIF is so good!
  • Kamilflage
    6002 posts Big Money Move
    Play at different time of day...
  • Argentus
    Took the plunge over the weekend, and packed Aguero too! Running a combo of Aguero/Tevez LS, Messi RS and Piatti CAM. Had to part with 93 Hig and 84 Dybala. Miss having a target man, but Messi is so fun to dribble with! Still getting used to his shot, I always try to hit the corners of goal and miss. I was a point away from D2, of course gave up a 90 min goal, now ive dropped to D5.
  • K_DeBruyne
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Should have gotten Ronaldo
  • Mattysb1
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    K_DeBruyne wrote: »

• Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    K_DeBruyne wrote: »

• omarnyc
    3794 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Fifa 17 is almost here, just do it. You wont loose anything
  • Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Messi won't get you to div 1 imo. A good all round squad does. But you will enjoy playing with him if you are indeed a passer :)
  • Argentus
    Threw Messi in a hybrid squad with some MLS guys. Slowly working my way back up divisions. He is so much fun to use, though I haven't mastered his finesse shot yet. He impacts the game all over the place.
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    JUST.DO.IT!
  • nextqprmanager
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    I bought Messi yesterday & he is fun, just get the ball to him, skill / dribble, anywhere near pen - shoot