What team are you going to manage on your Manager Career Mode?

Azzabazza
282 posts Sunday League Hero
After looking about what leagues are included in the game, I thought about managing 3 teams, but have decided on 1. For the Manager Career Mode, I want to emulate what Leicester City done last season, so I have decided to manage Cambridge United from League 2 all the way to the Premier League.

What team are you going to manage in your Manager Career Mode?

Comments

• LikeTheRiver
    70 posts Park Captain
    I always take a League 2 team and start the journey to move up to the Premier league and European glory.
    I'll be going with Wycombe Wanderers again this year. In my opinion the best home kit in all of FIFA, so it will be nice to look at for a long time. Went with Dagenham & Redbridge last year but they got relegated out, Wycombe year before that, Aldershot Town year before that(also relegated) I've noticed almost every year of doing this the team I pick either gets relegated out of League 2 or is right near it.
  • The first time is always with my favorite club Feyenoord, then in other saves I rotate to random clubs in other leagues. I prefer smaller teams as well, although I have to try to put transfer limits on myself. In FIFA 16 I basically replaced everyone from Palace one time, made it less fun to be honest.
  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm going to use Real Madrid but to make it interesting I'm going to sell all players over the age of 23 and only buy players under the age of 23, I can keep any players from the first season as they get older but if I sell them I won't be able to buy them back if they're over the age of 23. I've played a career mode like this on Fifa 16 and it actually makes the game pretty interesting.
    Probably could of explained it better but wrote this quick.
  • nsholmberg11
    1184 posts Professional
    My ideas:
    Spurs
    Gladbach
    Reading
    Newcastle
    Roma
  • Gelbschwarz
    1341 posts Professional
    Young Boys
  • SaintsFCFan
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Definitely my favourite club first in an attempt to win the PL. Might do another if CM doesn't bore me to death.
  • AlexFin
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Probably the weakest lower League Two team.
  • ACamp1900
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    I always do either Celtic, Dortmund, or Newcastle... usually Celtic but without Rangers last year and without any additions to Scotland for a while it gets tired...

Dortmund was fun last year but they have so much talent that it's rather easy to win everything, if on the harder settings...

I might go with Newcastle, I don't really enjoy England that much but they have their stadium, they're in the championship, which should make for a decent experience,... and you can work on building them up.
  • Azzabazza
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2016
    Reading this forum page, it's filled with lots of good ideas. But looking at one of the statuses, I thought that before FIFA 17 comes out, it'll either be Cambridge United, FC Barcelona (my favorite team) or Tigres (as their stadium is leaked in the game). Even though I said that I'll manage Cambridge United, maybe I'd manage Barca, as I'm a fan of them and wanted to manage them since FIFA 15. (FIFA 16, I managed Liverpool)
    Post edited by Azzabazza on
  • RJRanger
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    QPR , as always
  • nsholmberg11
    1184 posts Professional
    VFL Stuttgart are now in 2bundes, we should have the Mercedes-Benz Arena in game.
    Hertha Berlin and Hamburg are great too. As an American it's always fun to do something realistic when you bring in American players, german league is obviously a great option for this.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    Respect to anyone that can actually play more than 10 offline games against this dreadful AI.
  • yomaster10
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Porto, Liverpool, RB Leipzig, Lyon, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Benfica, Juventus, Man Utd, Schalke, NYCFC, Orlando City SC, Atlanta Utd, Marseille, Anderlecht, PSV,
    Ajax, Portsmouth, Fulham, Cardiff City, Inter, AC Milan, Fiorentina
    I know its a lot but those are prob gonna be what i do, most excited to do BvB, Lyon, and Liverpool
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    Respect to anyone that can actually play more than 10 offline games against this dreadful AI.

I think the offline AI is fine - the only issue I have is how the AI plays after 70 minutes, wasting time etc.

In CM my first team to manage is Cesena
    - don't ask me why but I've been doing it since FIFA14. It might have started because I picked them as a challenge when they were one of the lowest rated teams in Serie A. But I always do quite a few like this year I've also managed Carlisle Utd, Amkar Perm, Lechia Gdansk, SV Grodig, Motherwell and SVB Excelsior and a few more. I can never do one CM and usually fill all the save slots.

• AlexFin
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I prefer starting with the lowest rated english League 2 team, Bundesliga 2 and spanish Segunda Division.
  • marknufc
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Newcastle
  • APEX0107
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Arsenal and buy players to bring us back to where we were before.
  • LikeTheRiver
    70 posts Park Captain
    Will anyone use the Financial takeover option in their first season when starting with a lower league or lower down club? Good way to jump start the squad with either young talent to develop or using the money to buy 5 star scouts and use them to load up on young academy players to bring into the squad.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    I was quite convinced about doing a Red Star career honestly, but since I've read that the J1 League would be in I've started thinking about Gamba Osaka and the latter would most likely be my choice.
  • ACamp1900
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »

This is exactly how I feel about online play tho... respect to anyone who wants a sim game but ends up playing match after match against kids who hold the sprint button down at all times.. etc, etc.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    APEX0107 wrote: »

4th?
  • TMega95
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Liverpool and the worst team in England's lower league to take them to prem
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I doubt I'll even bother doing one this time. It just holds less and less interest to me with each new game. Playing against the CPU is just so dull. Every opponent team plays the same way, doesn't matter if it's Barca or Barnsley.
  • MR_AMAZiNG
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crystal Palace, gotta rep the local team.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    MR_AMAZiNG wrote: »
    Crystal Palace, gotta rep the local team.

Gonna be real fun as Palace on 17 I think, the first 11 has improved a lot, gonna have to bring in players for depth though.
  • therich29
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    APEX0107 wrote: »

4th?

Hahahahahaha!!

Man United and Plymouth Argyle for me!
  • Fletch
    3405 posts National Call-Up
    Newcastle or Villa
  • Boeruh
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'll start with PSV, later on probably a team like Bournemouth. I like their stadium, they have a decent team, but not too good.
  • yomaster10
    Also excited for Grimsby to be back in the game, gonna do a promotion career with them, could be cool with the new objectives system
  • yomaster10
    Also St Etienne, gonna bring them back to european glory! I really hope this objectives thing is satisfying