Any more news from EA or that's it?

WizardMD
661 posts An Exciting Prospect
I was wondering if EA is going to reveal more news or that's it? 2 new FUT modes, minor additions to CM and pro clubs the journey, and some licenses and leagues,,, is that it? So now we just wait for the full game,,, pff

Comments

• NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    think thats all but im pretty excited about it as UT was just divs/tournys with bad rewards

this year is a huge change
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Have they said anything official about the demo date?
  • ZizioGardo
    1390 posts Professional
    edited August 2016
    WizardMD wrote: »
    I was wondering if EA is going to reveal more news or that's it? 2 new FUT modes, minor additions to CM and pro clubs the journey, and some licenses and leagues,,, is that it? So now we just wait for the full game,,, pff

"is that it?".. what more do you want? I think that they've added a lot this year compared to previous years. We have 2 new FUT modes, a nice change to Pro Clubs, The Journey and a new game engine. That's pretty good. People have been craving for a Be a pro campaign for years, and now we finally got one! But yet again that's not enough for you guys..

Look at the previous FIFAs. They have added a lot to FIFA 17 compared to what they have added to the other FIFAs. This is going to be a great year for FIFA players.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Last year they announced the Brazilian league pretty close to release date. Not inconceivable that they could announce a new league between now and release.

Agree with the above though - what more do people want? There's been a lot of new stuff announced tbf.
  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think there'll be a couple more things. They have announced new items this late before
  • WizardMD
    Well PES keeps giving more news and it's about to be released, they've just announced the Argentinian league licensed!, so why does PES keep giving more news and EA hasn't given us any more news? that's all I'm asking besides adding something like "the journey" at first I was exited but after I knew everything about it I got disappointed, just like the "new addition" from last year those useless women national teams

I hope there's more, specially from Career Mode, I hate FUT so I don't care about it
  • Gstitt10
    773 posts Semi-Pro
    I just think it would be so much better if you were able to keep the pkayers instead of get rid of them on squad building challenges. Would love something like a collection book, like a sticker book back in the day
  • PARKOURBOY24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i look forward to playing the skills challenges and trying to master all maneuvers
  • ACamp1900
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    You would think they would at least give us a stadium list...
  • WizardMD
    ACamp1900 wrote: »

Something Anything actually! But we need to hear some news! They just showed us on snapchat players from juventus reacting to new ratings which I don't care and that's nothing
  • ManzGOTIT
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    Let down by career mode. Don't care about Pro Clubs (although they deserved the changes they got) and FUT
    Less than a month till release they surely should be hyping the game up
  • GoodnightIrene
    3293 posts National Call-Up

Something Anything actually! But we need to hear some news! They just showed us on snapchat players from juventus reacting to new ratings which I don't care and that's nothing
    Yes mate because every announcement fifa/ea makes should be tailored to you and you only and if you don't care or approve then it's useless imo
  • WizardMD

Yes mate because every announcement fifa/ea makes should be tailored to you and you only and if you don't care or approve then it's useless imo
    LOL!! That doesn't even make sense kid, you've gotta learn to read first? I said "showed US" not showed ME, there's always a kid with these answers lol!!
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't people like surprises anymore? I'd prefer a bit of mystery and not knowing everything about the game before it's released. Sometimes I feel like it takes the edge off when you play the full game for the first time.
  • Shaanxz
    20120 posts Club Captain
    PES have done even less than ea, you can have the gameplay. But you need the modes to prolong it
  • Shaanxz
    20120 posts Club Captain
    The lighting looks unreal if that counts as news
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Don't people like surprises anymore? I'd prefer a bit of mystery and not knowing everything about the game before it's released. Sometimes I feel like it takes the edge off when you play the full game for the first time.
    exactly.

I refuse to even watch proper movie trailers, a teaser is fine (sometimes i'll even go extra cheeky and skip the teaser!)
  • Recoba
    3573 posts National Call-Up
    Demo 7 sep
  • Shaanxz
    20120 posts Club Captain
    Recoba wrote: »
    Demo 7 sep

?!
  • Recoba
    3573 posts National Call-Up
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Demo 7 sep

?!

?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Demo 7 sep

Seems very early if true, 3 weeks before release
  • GoodnightIrene
    3293 posts National Call-Up

LOL!! That doesn't even make sense kid, you've gotta learn to read first? I said "showed US" not showed ME, there's always a kid with these answers lol!!

'which I don't care and that's nothing' learn to read 'kid'
  • CaptainRos
    15 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2016
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

"is that it?".. what more do you want? I think that they've added a lot this year compared to previous years. We have 2 new FUT modes, a nice change to Pro Clubs, The Journey and a new game engine. That's pretty good. People have been craving for a Be a pro campaign for years, and now we finally got one! But yet again that's not enough for you guys..

Look at the previous FIFAs. They have added a lot to FIFA 17 compared to what they have added to the other FIFAs. This is going to be a great year for FIFA players.

Yes, bro. The question "is that it" is thoroughly correct. They haven't touched the most played mode in FIFA - the Career Mode. Yes, the changes in FUT are amazing and great... for the Pro Clubs as well... I'm not sure yet for the new engine, because people who have tested the game are saying that it is similar to FIFA 16 and also.. the Journey,... great! But what about the core? What about the thing that made FIFA what is it today? I'm totally despaired that they will add something apart this literally statistics for washing our eyes this year. And I will be forced to make my own story and objectives just to make the Career not that boring and unrealistic. It's thoroughly visible that EA care only about the money... that's it. So if EA don't make a HUGE upgrade on the Career Mode at least in FIFA 18, maybe FIFA 17 will be the last football game that I will buy until I see CHANGES! Peace!
  • WizardMD
    CaptainRos wrote: »

Yes, bro. The question "is that it" is thoroughly correct. They haven't touched the most played mode in FIFA - the Career Mode. Yes, the changes in FUT are amazing and great... for the Pro Clubs as well... I'm not sure yet for the new engine, because people who have tested the game are saying that it is similar to FIFA 16 and also.. the Journey,... great! But what about the core? What about the thing that made FIFA what is it today? I'm totally despaired that they will add something apart this literally statistics for washing our eyes this year. And I will be forced to make my own story and objectives just to make the Career not that boring and unrealistic. It's thoroughly visible that EA care only about the money... that's it. So if EA don't make a HUGE upgrade on the Career Mode at least in FIFA 18, maybe FIFA 17 will be the last football game that I will buy until I see CHANGES! Peace!

Exactly! That's the word I was looking for... CHANGES!! not just upgrades! they haven't delivered to CM anything new they're just adding stuff already existed, that's not bat, but I think they're just trying to blind us by adding some stuff, anyway I'm hoping we could get more news
  • PARKOURBOY24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Demo 7 sep

The 7th is on a Wednesday the updates in the ps store and marketplaces update on Tuesdays.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2016

I have asked this before on a different thread with a similar discussion and didn't get a response but do you have a statistic or can anyone tell me how many people actually play Career Mode? You say it's the most played mode but how do you know, you may think that but that doesn't make it true. I play CM as well but it's also a big statement saying it has made FIFA what it is today. Many would argue that FUT is the number one drawcard and "core" of FIFA today and if it wasn't for the introduction of UT then FIFA would be nowhere near as popular as it is now. We may also be seeing the death of offline play in the gaming industry so sadly for CM I don't see that much of a future for it or offline modes in any game.
  • SPDavid23
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    BistroXII wrote: »

I have asked this before on a different thread with a similar discussion and didn't get a response but do you have a statistic or can anyone tell me how many people actually play Career Mode? You say it's the most played mode but how do you know, you may think that but that doesn't make it true. I play CM as well but it's also a big statement saying it has made FIFA what it is today. Many would argue that FUT is the number one drawcard and "core" of FIFA today and if it wasn't for the introduction of UT then FIFA would be nowhere near as popular as it is now. We may also be seeing the death of offline play in the gaming industry so sadly for CM I don't see that much of a future for it or offline modes in any game.

Indeed.
  • mcclarse
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    FUT needs to be a separate game. Add real money being able to be spent for CM perks and you will see CM get plenty of love from devs. NBA2K is a vastly superior game to FIFA sports wise because of its career realism. This comes from critics, not youtubers, kids spending their parents' money or football casuals looking for an arcade game.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    News about chemistry needs to be given before people sink thousands into their cash cow FUT. Like too many are gonna give a fk about Alex hunter and frostbite one month into the game.
  • @BistroXII unfortunately I can't find it as a link. But exactly here in the forums I think someone have posted a pole of "Which is your favorite mode in FIFA 17". Career mode was 52%, FUT was 33%, others - don't remember. I believe that the votes all over the internet will be like this but EA will never share this information because they will still push FUT no matter what and even they're gonna lie that it's the most played mode just to keep taking advantage of many people, who don't have simple knowledge about the game and keep buying the packages. I think that the only way in which EA could rework the Career Mode is to put (like @mcclarse has said) paid stuff in it and then the mode will become their favorite's :) If they put a kit creators, manager creator, stadium upgrades like paid options... you will see how each year they gonna start putting more and more effort in it hehe