OT-Locked out of games

Zenton222
46 posts Last Pick at the Park
I was just about to play fifa on my ps4 when i got an error saying i didnt have access to the game, no access to any of the games in my library as they all have a lock on them. Then i got an error message saying that i need to activate my ps4 as my primary system but i only have 1 ps4 and when i go and try to activate as my primary it says another ps4 has been activated and doesnt let me activate my ps4. I dont know why this error is happening since i only own 1 ps4 and i never deactivated mine. Anyone experienced this before?

Comments

• Zenton222
    I just changed my psn and origin passwords and i looked online and not good news, it seems my account has been hacked and someone now has access to my games library :( and ive been reading that apparently im going to have to wait 6 months before i can get my access back because according to sony you can only deactivate a ps4 once every 6 months which is just bs
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Zenton222 wrote: »
    I just changed my psn and origin passwords and i looked online and not good news, it seems my account has been hacked and someone now has access to my games library :( and ive been reading that apparently im going to have to wait 6 months before i can get my access back because according to sony you can only deactivate a ps4 once every 6 months which is just bs

Happened to me a month or so ago. The hacker was very bad at his job so I managed to quickly change my password, but he managed to make little bit damage by making his system the primary one. But, he can't enjoy my account tho so no bad harm was done. I will just wait until I can make my system primary again, cuz indeed, you can only change the primary system only once in 6 months.

You could try to call sony customer service, I've heard they are pretty useful in these cases.
  • Zenton222
    @mHazard

I was able to gain access to my games the following day, but it showed in my news feed that i had played some of the games in my library for the first time, which was obviously the hacker that had played it on his ps4.

But since i changed my password is there a chance they still have access to my games or future games i buy digitally within the 6 months or was it just a 1 time access to my library? I havent been locked out of my games since then, but i had this question because i want to get fifa 17 digitally but im not sure if its a good idea buying it on psn since my ps4 is still not my primary system
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    I think you are safe to buy the game. Even if they had the access to your games, they don't have access now cuz you changed the password. I think. Not 100% sure.
  • Zenton222
    Thank you for the response :)