FUT MARKET THREAD

Baghdad187
184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited August 2016
SETS / Squad building challenge

It's clear that the market this year will be very different than last year, or any other for that matter. the introduction of the CHALLENGE mode is gonna add value to every card.

Q - Will you be discarding cards to get quick coins from packs or will you sell/keep them in the club?

I think alot of people will be holding on to their cards, I know i will not be discarding any players, I'd look to sell or keep them for the sets.

Q - What impact will this have on the higher rated players? Will we see their price drop from last year?

This question is for the 87+ players.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this B)

Comments

• I will say that some players just have absolutely no value in sets. If they're from an uncommon league, uncommon nation, etc. then they are really hard to utilize in sets and could probably be discarded.

However, the sets change often and so it may make sense to hold onto packed cards and resell/use them when they qualify for a rotating set.

I love the "sets" idea because I prefer to work the market, open packs, and build squads for fun rather than actually plat FUT. I only play the games when my transfer pile is full and I'm out of coins to snipe players.
  • roovzy
    802 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Will probably end up spending more on players with inflated prices to complete sets for the rewards I am interested in.

I mostly trade the players or related players to those in my squads and play lots of matches with them. I doubt the sets will be worth prioritising compared to trading the usual higher end valuable players for a reasonable profit margin.

I don't do price fixing or colluding to make coins. It could be harder to stay ahead of the market should people have signifcant amounts of coins sooner than they did in FUT 16 but there should always be opportunity for traders willing to put in the effort to make profit.
  • nsholmberg11
    1175 posts Professional
    Depends on what I pull. Most likely I will be selling for quick coins. I don't see those challenges being worth straight outta the gate. Maybe in the long term but I wanna build a squad I enjoy first.

For the 87 rated plus, I think those prices will actually be pretty darn similar to this past year. Could be a little higher but I don't think any lower. Yes, I agree those under 87 rated will have higher values and even the least desirable cards will now be more expensive.

What about you @Baghdad187 ?
  • Baghdad187
    I think once we know what are the rewards for the sets we will be in a better position to decide what the impact might be. ;)
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    edited August 2016
    I don't forsee much of a change at all as i don't think the mode will be that popular. It depends on the actual rewards, really. If they suck, not many will even bother.

I can't wait for the crying on the forums when people traded in a very good squad to get a shiny Reus, only for him to get a better IF card a few weeks later. :o
  • Baghdad187
    Depends on what I pull. Most likely I will be selling for quick coins. I don't see those challenges being worth straight outta the gate. Maybe in the long term but I wanna build a squad I enjoy first.

For the 87 rated plus, I think those prices will actually be pretty darn similar to this past year. Could be a little higher but I don't think any lower. Yes, I agree those under 87 rated will have higher values and even the least desirable cards will now be more expensive.

What about you @Baghdad187 ?

I agree... but rewards values could change everything...
  • Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    I don't forsee much of a change at all as i don't think the mode will be that popular. It depends on the actual rewards, really. If they suck, not many will even bother.

I can't wait for the crying on the forums when people traded in a very good squad to get a shiny Reus, only for him to get a better IF card a few weeks later. :o

Sets that would give a Reus card would have to be an insane amount of work to complete. I would imagine it along the lines of "make an 11 man squad with 100 chemistry and 6+ nations" for each and every single bundesliga team.
  • BagelPizzaParty
    22 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2016
    roovzy wrote: »
    Will probably end up spending more on players with inflated prices to complete sets for the rewards I am interested in.

I mostly trade the players or related players to those in my squads and play lots of matches with them. I doubt the sets will be worth prioritising compared to trading the usual higher end valuable players for a reasonable profit margin.

I don't do price fixing or colluding to make coins. It could be harder to stay ahead of the market should people have signifcant amounts of coins sooner than they did in FUT 16 but there should always be opportunity for traders willing to put in the effort to make profit.

Sets are a dream for traders on the market. For example, if a set is "make a squad of 11 chelsea/arsenal players with 8 different nations and 100 chemistry rated 81+" I would just sit on the market all day refreshing the chelsea/arsenal players selling for less than about 2k coins and just relist them for about 5k+.
  • roovzy
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »

Is this an argument for the shiny Reus to also get upgraded to stay ahead of the IF card? :wink:
  • BagelPizzaParty
    22 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2016
    My experience from the beta is that in September we'll see a million threads where people accidentally traded in a super valuable card in a set by accident. I caught myself several times in the closed beta accidentally about to trade in a super valuable card that the squad builder automatically put in the squad and I didn't notice it as I was about to submit the set.
  • roovzy

Sets are a dream for traders on the market. For example, if a set is "make a squad of 11 chelsea/arsenal players with 8 different nations and 100 chemistry rated 81+" I would just sit on the market all day refreshing the chelsea/arsenal players selling for less than about 2k coins and just relist them for about 5k+.
    I don't agree with abnormally inflating the price of a card like that but I do understand it's always going to happen, and if it wasn't you, it would be someone else. I would prefer EA limited the profit that can be made per trade but I have no way of making that happen.

I prefer to quickly move up to trading valuable cards with a high turnover and a natural equilibrium price. It isn't difficult to learn their floor and ceiling prices. The price range of these cards is mostly dictated by users who actually play with the cards. After a while it's very easy to make decent profit on these cards without unduly influencing the equilibrium price.

Good luck on your way to making millions of coins though. :wink:
  • Baghdad187
    My experience from the beta is that in September we'll see a million threads where people accidentally traded in a super valuable card in a set by accident. I caught myself several times in the closed beta accidentally about to trade in a super valuable card that the squad builder automatically put in the squad and I didn't notice it as I was about to submit the set.

this will happen
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional

Is this an argument for the shiny Reus to also get upgraded to stay ahead of the IF card? :wink:

Not really. Just curious how they're planning on doing it. Just doesn't seem worth the effort for the special cards if they might get an even better card a short time later. I could care less about what special color the card is.
  • roovzy

Not really. Just curious how they're planning on doing it. Just doesn't seem worth the effort for the special cards if they might get an even better card a short time later. I could care less about what special color the card is.
    I guess it depends on how much of a genius idea the sets rewards idea ends up being.

Also, they could have encouraged the use of discard players by rewarding people for playing in special sets cup matches where "fairly" completing the matches results in a bonus regardless of the match result.
  • Redders23
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also, for a reward to be a higher rated card I reckon you might end up having to submit a team with a higher value. It should all be relevant I think unless those high rated cards are limited to a specific number of games only.

I always liked the idea of loan players but we should have an option to win additional loan contracts for them.
  • Redders23 wrote: »
    Also, for a reward to be a higher rated card I reckon you might end up having to submit a team with a higher value. It should all be relevant I think unless those high rated cards are limited to a specific number of games only.

I always liked the idea of loan players but we should have an option to win additional loan contracts for them.

From the beta, the rewards for all of the daily rotating sets have been packs. They've been good packs though.

There has been only 1 type of set with a definite player reward and it requires you to turn in every single MLS team of 11 players each to obtain an untradeable 84 rated Giovinco. It's not worth the effort and coin to purchase the necessary players on the beta FUT market.
  • roovzy wrote: »

I don't agree with abnormally inflating the price of a card like that but I do understand it's always going to happen, and if it wasn't you, it would be someone else. I would prefer EA limited the profit that can be made per trade but I have no way of making that happen.

I prefer to quickly move up to trading valuable cards with a high turnover and a natural equilibrium price. It isn't difficult to learn their floor and ceiling prices. The price range of these cards is mostly dictated by users who actually play with the cards. After a while it's very easy to make decent profit on these cards without unduly influencing the equilibrium price.

Good luck on your way to making millions of coins though. :wink:

I traded stationary cards too to make money. I'm always searching on the beta market for any player rated around 85+ that is selling for lower than usual. Then I'll relist them when there's nobody else selling them on the market.

I think I'm at like 800k coins and a full team of 86+'s in the beta. It stinks it all gets deleted next week :/
  • Baghdad187
    So... now that some off you have been playing the beta .. I know were are not allowed to talk about the beta!!! But how do you see trading going thi year??

I think the market is going to be very interesting!
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Let's just say it'll be interesting
  • Falafelmonster
    4822 posts National Call-Up
    Everything will be expensive in the beginning (as always).
    Then challenges will keep some players over priced. Best time to buy players is after their challenge has passed.

That being said, I don't see it effecting high end players since no one would replace them through sets.

We essentially, this will just higher the "floor" of the market
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Everything will be expensive in the beginning (as always).
    Then challenges will keep some players over priced. Best time to buy players is after their challenge has passed.

That being said, I don't see it effecting high end players since no one would replace them through sets.

We essentially, this will just higher the "floor" of the market

You honestly don't think the insane influx of coins from possible trading and FUT champions will make the higher end even higher?
  • Th3 UK Smurf
    2684 posts Fans' Favourite
    FUT Champions is going to add millions more coins to Ultimate team. This should inflate the market somewhat compared to this year
  • Baghdad187
    FUT Champions is going to add millions more coins to Ultimate team. This should inflate the market somewhat compared to this year

so we will be back to seeing overpriced players then? :/
  • LuckyStrikE
    3375 posts National Call-Up
    well. if there is an all french 78 rated squad to build. i think a 66 rated french goalkeeper is still useable to complete the squad ;) . so many cards will be of value in the market because of this. if squad build will give you the ones to watch cards then the qualifying cards will be inflated. the market will be crazy this year imo.