Online Tournament

Phil
1016 posts Professional
It has been impossible for me to win it due to Cheaters and Server problems.
Absolutely frustrating when you reach the final twice and once you meet a cheater, and the other time you get disconnected due to "high server traffic". Also got disconnected in two or three semis.
I've given up now.
You guys have the same problem?

Comments

• Daddy
    5748 posts Big Money Move
    no opponents found.
  • SaskaJared
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm still waiting... in fact since I bought the game, not a single connection in the UT online tournaments. Seems to be about the only thing that doesn't work. I will keep trying, I've got my squads ready and will be waiting again to try and get a connection....

I've made Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC squads, check em out here:
    https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=hPRxjZUsnLRg8:pc
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    Daddy wrote: »
    no opponents found.

Yeah that one as well, but it's even more frustrating when you're on course to win the semis or even the final and then you become a victim of cheaters and have to start over again without actually losing a game. And if this happens 3 times in a row, it's time to give up...
  • Daddy
    SaskaJared wrote: »
    I'm still waiting... in fact since I bought the game, not a single connection in the UT online tournaments. Seems to be about the only thing that doesn't work. I will keep trying, I've got my squads ready and will be waiting again to try and get a connection....

I've made Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC squads, check em out here:
    https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=hPRxjZUsnLRg8:pc

same here, i can only connect when there is a huge tournament will no restrictions on squads, maybe it due to where i live, however i used to connect with european people all the time in 14 without any lag/prblem, they definately changed the matchmaking this year.
  • Orison
    66629 posts Icon
    I´ve just won the tounament and I had no problems, in every round I searched 5-10 seconds and found an opponent.
  • Daddy
    Orison wrote: »
    I´ve just won the tounament and I had no problems, in every round I searched 5-10 seconds and found an opponent.
    i am guessing u stay in europe?
  • Orison
    66629 posts Icon

Yeah, I live in Germany
  • Daddy

Yeah, I live in Germany

yeah thats why, people who live in other parts where people dont play that much tend to find it difficult to find opponents in tournaments.
  • Orison
    66629 posts Icon

Yeah, I live in Germany

yeah thats why, people who live in other parts where people dont play that much tend to find it difficult to find opponents in tournaments.

Did you already change your settings for matchmaking or open your ports?

• Daddy

Yeah, I live in Germany

yeah all ports opened and matchmaking set to open(which is useless since it is only for seasons),

it has nothing to do with that, they changed the matchmaking this year based on region, since i face all my opponents in divisions who live near my region whereas in 14 i used to get matched up against people from all over the world.
  • k00rg
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This problem is really annoying!! i can't find opponents and when i do i get a cheater, imporssible to win a tournament online, i'm in mexico ;)
  • Beny
    1872 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah, I live in Germany

yeah all ports opened and matchmaking set to open(which is useless since it is only for seasons),

it has nothing to do with that, they changed the matchmaking this year based on region, since i face all my opponents in divisions who live near my region whereas in 14 i used to get matched up against people from all over the world.
    im not sure about fut but in h2h when i dont have opponents i get ppl from china or usa/brazil while being on europe and having matchmaking restricted
  • Daddy
    Beny wrote: »

Yeah, I live in Germany

im not sure about fut but in h2h when i dont have opponents i get ppl from china or usa/brazil while being on europe and having matchmaking restricted

Maybe they have turned off their restriction .
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    k00rg wrote: »
    This problem is really annoying!! i can't find opponents and when i do i get a cheater, imporssible to win a tournament online, i'm in mexico ;)
    same in romania :joy:
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    I'm in Austria, i have no problems with finding opponents, but as i said above, it's still nearly impossible to win online tournaments due to Cheaters and Disconnections.
  • l_TheDren_l
    566 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had problems the first day of the tourney . The servers were overloaded and i got DC's. Maybe you can futscope the final opponent to know if is a cheater?
  • JakeskillzALot
    1144 posts Professional
    I am assuming what you mean by "Cheaters" are people that just pace right through your defense. what I do is I hold in RB and let the other defender stay in front and I also at the same time hold A and pull my player back closer to my goal just incase he gets by my first defender. Also, if he plays Over the top through balls a lot, just use this technique and pay attention to any of the other players he has that are attempting to make a run. Then quickly change player and sprint towards where the ball is heading to and ether spam A and point back to your goalkeeper just incase of "FIFA ❤️❤️❤️❤️" where your defender acts like a derp or spam B to head the ball up field.

PRESTO, now the SWEAT IS GONE
    I hoped this stopped the likes of Ibarbo, Doumbia, Gervinio (Forehead), Emineke, Remy, Sturridge and so much more SWEATY players.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    I am assuming what you mean by "Cheaters" are people that just pace right through your defense. what I do is I hold in RB and let the other defender stay in front and I also at the same time hold A and pull my player back closer to my goal just incase he gets by my first defender. Also, if he plays Over the top through balls a lot, just use this technique and pay attention to any of the other players he has that are attempting to make a run. Then quickly change player and sprint towards where the ball is heading to and ether spam A and point back to your goalkeeper just incase of "FIFA ❤️❤️❤️❤️" where your defender acts like a derp or spam B to head the ball up field.

I hoped this stopped the likes of Ibarbo, Doumbia, Gervinio (Forehead), Emineke, Remy, Sturridge and so much more SWEATY players.

you probably arent playing on pc right ?
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    I had problems the first day of the tourney . The servers were overloaded and i got DC's. Maybe you can futscope the final opponent to know if is a cheater?

how? i've never done that before.
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional

if only...
    you aren't on PC, are you? I'm talking about real cheaters. Who disconnect when losing but still gaining the win, and I'm getting the loss.
    It is so utterly frustrating.
  • tritamo
    56 posts Park Captain
    i never get a loss when they disconnect and result is draw, the game just doesnt count. and if im leading i get the win
  • Phil
    1016 posts Professional
    tritamo wrote: »
    i never get a loss when they disconnect and result is draw, the game just doesnt count. and if im leading i get the win

That's what happens when 'normal' people disconnect. That's not what I'm talking about.
  • Wiwee
    976 posts Semi-Pro
    Wait until the squad shows up behind the disconnecting pop up and then leave, started this and havent got a single loss by cheaters.
  • JakeskillzALot
    1144 posts Professional
    I use an xbox 360 wired controller to play FIFA on my laptop. Some people are saying I don't play on pc which is incorrect. So do you guys just use the keyboard. Because it is very easy to use a controller and you can get one from Game Stop for like $20. I'm American BTW and I don't know how many pounds that is.
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    I use an xbox 360 wired controller to play FIFA on my laptop. Some people are saying I don't play on pc which is incorrect. So do you guys just use the keyboard. Because it is very easy to use a controller and you can get one from Game Stop for like $20. I'm American BTW and I don't know how many pounds that is.
    .... :)
  • EGY-Aviatorz
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    i use a controller . NO ONE uses keyboard
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    When you think, you are not supposed to, you win the cup. Diego IF in the pack. Not too bad, but I don't need him :/
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    Antiversum wrote: »
    When you think, you are not supposed to, you win the cup. Diego IF in the pack. Not too bad, but I don't need him :/
    same here :/