Coming demos PES 2017 VS Fifa 17

Comments

  • Retro_G
    29215 posts Player of the Year
    Recoba wrote: »
    You need to turn off auto feint in options.

    Yeah that's really important for skills mate. Press square/X on controller select screen guys, turn off Auto-Feint.

  • RSL183
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The controls for me were not great I am not use to them because, over the year's I had played FIFA so the controls were one thing for me.
    You know you can change the controls to mirror Fifa? Go to edit preferences where you select home and away and change the controls to type 2. Also turn off 'Auto Feint' so you can do tricks with the right stick
  • PARKOURBOY24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Oh ok thank you I will most certainly try that tonight when does the FIFA demo come out?
  • RSL183
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Oh ok thank you I will most certainly try that tonight when does the FIFA demo come out?

    Think it will be round 13-15th September. I'm guessing tho...
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played quite a few games each evening since it was out, always hard to comment on games and demo releases so early but overall PES seems to play a good game of football and yes much more realistic than FIFA without being boring but PES does take longer to master and get the best out of its not as easy to pick up and play and much deeper. If you pay attention there are alot of quality touches and little things you notice in gameplay and as usual passing is great and the shots have some zip back. Sure it has its issues and people have their own preferences and opinions. I loved PES back in the day but switched with the dip in form, enjoy playing online so part of the reason i have stuck with FIFA even through the poor servers and inconsistent gameplay as MyClub is still finding its feet...I think with alot of people though the few negatives and online component as well as licenses and the inability to change easily on the XB1 keeps people with FIFA or settling for both..but the general gameplay in PES does seem to be quality for a 'football' fan who values more realism and reward over other things..
  • TheGabc
    1948 posts Play-Off Hero
    RSL183 wrote: »
    Oh ok thank you I will most certainly try that tonight when does the FIFA demo come out?

    Think it will be round 13-15th September. I'm guessing tho...

    8th last year I think
  • Xeneize
    10 posts Ball Boy
    The PES demo is crap. A series of minor annoyances cough menu design cough that crop up again and again, made even more annoying when you realize that they could and should've been fixed, like, three years ago. There's less charm in it with every new release.

    PES 3-6 are crude by comparison, but damn, at least they're still fun to play a decade later. I'd give my left arm for HD remasters of those games.
  • Marrone
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rufio wrote: »
    Played quite a few games each evening since it was out, always hard to comment on games and demo releases so early but overall PES seems to play a good game of football and yes much more realistic than FIFA without being boring but PES does take longer to master and get the best out of its not as easy to pick up and play and much deeper. If you pay attention there are alot of quality touches and little things you notice in gameplay and as usual passing is great and the shots have some zip back. Sure it has its issues and people have their own preferences and opinions. I loved PES back in the day but switched with the dip in form, enjoy playing online so part of the reason i have stuck with FIFA even through the poor servers and inconsistent gameplay as MyClub is still finding its feet...I think with alot of people though the few negatives and online component as well as licenses and the inability to change easily on the XB1 keeps people with FIFA or settling for both..but the general gameplay in PES does seem to be quality for a 'football' fan who values more realism and reward over other things..

    Couldn't agree more
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1182 posts Professional
    I really enjoyed pes 2017 demo gameplay was superb and hands down puts fifa to shame.

    The only things Konami need to do with pes in my opinion are the the graphics from far away need to be improved it's hard to explain up close everything looks great but when you're playing the graphics quality looks toned down and grainy it's weird.

    Also the xbox version needs a decent edit mode similar back to what editing was like on the older ps2 games where you edit pretty much everything, ps4 has image importing and xbox dosent have it unfortunately because of restrictions with the console.

    Also online needs to improve but that's about it I think if Konami put the effort into these aswell as gameplay it could be amazing once again fifa wouldn't even get a look at for me.

  • bigpokey24
    4838 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2016
    played the PES demo , lets just say it won't push FIFA aside. IMOH FIFA is still way ahead . The A/I never attacks and sits back allowing you time on the ball. The graphics are a huge let down.
  • PARKOURBOY24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    So I tried playing again last night with another control scheme and I still can not get into it. For some reason I just find the games controls just too terrible; I should not have to hit the X button twice to do a tackle and when I do a sliding tackle i shouldn't be able to slide so far away that's a problem. When you are doing a demo don't use the data from 3 months back. So I guess if FIFA 17's demo is worse I will not be getting any soccer this year.
  • bigpokey24
    4838 posts Big Money Move
    Lets be honest PES is a huge disappointment and still living on it's PS2 days. It's a huge shame that the graphics all look like plastics . I just do not understand why they cannot rival FIFA... there is no longevity on it. I got so bored playing the demo last night
  • PARKOURBOY24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    With FIFA 17 demo coming out i hope in the settings they let us put the style of gameplay to simulation and let us slow down the tempo of the game so it feels more realistic.
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So I tried playing again last night with another control scheme and I still can not get into it. For some reason I just find the games controls just too terrible; I should not have to hit the X button twice to do a tackle and when I do a sliding tackle i shouldn't be able to slide so far away that's a problem. When you are doing a demo don't use the data from 3 months back. So I guess if FIFA 17's demo is worse I will not be getting any soccer this year.

    This is actually one of my pet hates within the game, i true designated and responsive tackle button would be great
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Lets be honest PES is a huge disappointment and still living on it's PS2 days. It's a huge shame that the graphics all look like plastics . I just do not understand why they cannot rival FIFA... there is no longevity on it. I got so bored playing the demo last night

    The graphics are actually really good..there are a few posts on it, think it comes down to the resolution or specific screens...not sure if you noticed but up close the graphics and player faces are quality..at least on par if not better and more realistic than fifa but there is something weird as it isn't translated or as visible in the general gameplay cameras... :/
  • KavlaZ
    22 posts Ball Boy
    Last night I had the chance to play PES 17 demo, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it... however in my case FIFA is still the king. Love the visuals, the gameplay and the glamour that FIFA delivers every year.
  • PARKOURBOY24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Is it just me or is the AI terribly programmed in the PES demo?
  • Retro_G
    29215 posts Player of the Year
    Rufio wrote: »
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Lets be honest PES is a huge disappointment and still living on it's PS2 days. It's a huge shame that the graphics all look like plastics . I just do not understand why they cannot rival FIFA... there is no longevity on it. I got so bored playing the demo last night

    The graphics are actually really good..there are a few posts on it, think it comes down to the resolution or specific screens...not sure if you noticed but up close the graphics and player faces are quality..at least on par if not better and more realistic than fifa but there is something weird as it isn't translated or as visible in the general gameplay cameras... :/


    Go into stadium settings before the game starts, select rainy, day. Pitch looks a lot more realistic. Gameplay camera is better on fifa, the way players run. On fifa the run animation is a lot slower and more realistic.
  • Tof33z
    6757 posts Big Money Move
    That replay / start button nonsense makes the whole game a complete no-no for anyone that doesn't want to go postal after the first week. And the fact that you can't change a truly terrible camera is also a deal breaker. Shame as it has real potential and some aspects are really good. It has a degree of realism that Fifa does not. Though playing Sonic the Hedgehog with a real hedgehog probably isn't that fun
  • Marrone
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tof33z wrote: »
    That replay / start button nonsense makes the whole game a complete no-no for anyone that doesn't want to go postal after the first week. And the fact that you can't change a truly terrible camera is also a deal breaker. Shame as it has real potential and some aspects are really good. It has a degree of realism that Fifa does not. Though playing Sonic the Hedgehog with a real hedgehog probably isn't that fun

    Camera can be adjusted. When playing match press option key and then choose camera settings. Lots of possibilities. That replay start is actually good. For years fifa was "x" to skip replays causing the keeper to pass Ball to striker everytime.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    played the PES demo , lets just say it won't push FIFA aside. IMOH FIFA is still way ahead . The A/I never attacks and sits back allowing you time on the ball. The graphics are a huge let down.

    dunno what game you were playing but doesnt sound like the demo i have.
    .
    no seriously you need to look at the tactics.
    understand them....change them if you dont like them.

    i use atletico...perfect for me.

    torres runs the channels and wings...as does greizman.
    you have long outs and greta options with build up play.

    i think the demo is absolutely brilliant.
  • Recoba
    3818 posts National Call-Up
    The demo works online using share-play.

    Add pesnz2015 for some games.
  • Recoba
    3818 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2016
    1vs1 matches

  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Do we know if playmaker like Iniesta or Ozil will be effective in FIFA 17?
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1860 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2016
    like every year i ve tries pes demo this year as well .
    player movements are still pretty robotic and driblling feels like you are skating on ice ,the feeling of hitting or touching a real ball is extremely poor ,your opponents play smarter than fifa's ai but i never play offline anyways...
    pes is still way too behind fifa
  • silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I disagree, I think it's got a lot more fluid (and I've been a big criticiser of PES in the past for it's poor fluidity) lots of little touches that they've got spot on tbh, just little flicks, the movement of the body, they've got bang on compared to FIFA. The biggest thing for me though is that it was actually fun to play. Something which FIFA for the past couple of years hasn't really accomplished.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    This weekend I found myself playing the PES 2017 demo more than the full version of FIFA 16. Besides that FIFA being awful and filled with BS, I only play one mode, h2h online and with one team, Barca.

    It's very easy for me to end up with PES if it has a decent online this year because they have already got barca down perfectly and the camp nou exclusively. The scanned faces really look good and the gameplay is very good and the auto switching is miles ahead of FIFA. And the AI on defense actually play like professional footballers and not clueless to the dangerous attacking like on FIFA. PES is just frustration free, ya know?

    I really can't wait for the FIFA 17 demo though. The graphics look solid and the kits move more realistically than PES. The journey vids so far are intriguing. But if the auto switching, AI and BS levels are the same as FIFA 16, it would be hard to justify getting FIFA other than to keep the perfect collection going. I really hope they fixed those things. It's a new engine ffs! They can't be serious if those bugs are still there!... I don't wanna spoil my collection EA, Impress me!!!!!
  • tarheels_forever
    592 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i played the pes demo and i have to admit i was impressed. i still like fifa better but if pes had all the licensed teams i would probably buy it as well.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    i played the pes demo and i have to admit i was impressed. i still like fifa better but if pes had all the licensed teams i would probably buy it as well.

    IKR!

    But they've got the full license to the only team I use... so for me, it's up to FIFA to blow me away at this point...demo is the 13th, can't wait!

  • RJRanger
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    PES demo feels sort of good but I still prefer the gameplay of FIFA, I got a little bored while playing PES
Sign In or Register to comment.