Coming demos PES 2017 VS Fifa 17

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20478 posts Club Captain
    You do realize pes has scripting and momentum?!
  • Have about 10 PES Demo games under my belt. To summarize:
    1. Exciting situations, goals and near misses.
    2. Each CPU team feels/plays differently.
    3. Players feel like little robots running around.
    4. At times you feel like you aren't playing, sure there are some great subtle animations, but for example on defense if you just stay on your man it's almost like the game predetermined that you will steal the ball back.

I will play this demo to get a soccer fix, but overall I believe FIFA should be a more complete game.
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Alex wrote: »
    Joonlar wrote: »
    BPM wrote: »
    Eddie wrote: »
    Marrone wrote: »
    I think PES looks awful, visually. Ice skating galore, nou camp looks poor during gameplay. Dissapointing, I want to see them give EA a real challenge. Otherwise FIFA will carry on going backwards.

Your kidding right, you can say a lot about pes vs fifa but graphically this year there is no doubt. Pes is the winner. Especially if you look at Barcelona and camp nou.

Nou camp-stairs are atleast twice as wide as they should be. There's no incline on the lower tier, it literally looks as though there's seats on flat ground. The external shots of it looked great the otter week, during gameplay it's poor.

Player movement is so unrealistic, feet sliding all over the place. It looks awful. Pitch isn't as good as FIFA.

Only thing that looked good was goal celebrations. (Cutscene)

You must have never kicked a ball in your life if you think PES movement is unrealistic. Its more realistic than FIFA that's for sure.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ID7Kun/status/761495407419592704/video/1

And people call FIFA arcadey ? Damn...

That is outdated critcism - used to be true but not anymore

Its been happening for a while but mostly since 15 did pes go with arcade philosphy whilst fifa went more sim. Now fifa is the game that takes intertia seriously to replicate real body movements and balance, whilst pes is about fast agility and quick turns and "pick up and Play" (and not in a good way).

This is why some People are impressed with pes right away, because it feels right at first, but the depth is not there anymore which is why no one sticks around after a month. This is the pattern of pes
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1181 posts Professional
    I'm at work so I can't try it out either way I will be buying pes the only way I will buy fifa this time is if I can get it for free sick of ea's bs.

The only thing that pes needs for me is a decent edit mode for xbox similar to the old ps2 games like pes5 where you could edit everything...If Konami did that I wouldn't even bother touch fifa again.
  • Recoba
    3802 posts National Call-Up
    Playing vs Barca or Atlético in FIFA is the exact same thing.

In PES they play like in real life.
  • Played the demo didnt like it bought the last two Pes games after hearing how great they are and how much better they are to FIFA will give this a miss FIFA and NBA 2k17 will do it for me
  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    The atmosphere and details are amazing, The entrance to the nou camp on high volume made my hairs stand up. The gameplay is slow and you can build up, The pitch seem's big so you actually have time and space on the ball, The little details in the gameplay are also amazing just like playing a long ball and the motion your guy makes to bring it down with his knee, I've never seen anything like that on fifa, Shooting is better but i dont rate the goalkeepers much.

Movement is still pretty robotic, I agree. Fifa's jostling for the ball in the air system seem's better too but at least on PES a header won from the defending team does not pretty much end up putting a player through on goal like in FIFA. This demo got me excited but once again i probably wont buy it becuase ONLINE will be absolutely terrible.

The guys at KONAMI are far more talented to making gameplay correct than EA but once again PES will be missing what makes us wana swap it for fifa. In my case its Clubs and a decent H2H system.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    597 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    I think PES looks awful, visually. Ice skating galore, nou camp looks poor during gameplay. Dissapointing, I want to see them give EA a real challenge. Otherwise FIFA will carry on going backwards.

Your kidding right, you can say a lot about pes vs fifa but graphically this year there is no doubt. Pes is the winner. Especially if you look at Barcelona and camp nou.

Nou camp-stairs are atleast twice as wide as they should be. There's no incline on the lower tier, it literally looks as though there's seats on flat ground. The external shots of it looked great the otter week, during gameplay it's poor.

Player movement is so unrealistic, feet sliding all over the place. It looks awful. Pitch isn't as good as FIFA.

You must have never kicked a ball in your life if you think PES movement is unrealistic. Its more realistic than FIFA that's for sure.

Its been happening for a while but mostly since 15 did pes go with arcade philosphy whilst fifa went more sim. Now fifa is the game that takes intertia seriously to replicate real body movements and balance, whilst pes is about fast agility and quick turns and "pick up and Play" (and not in a good way).

This is why some People are impressed with pes right away, because it feels right at first, but the depth is not there anymore which is why no one sticks around after a month. This is the pattern of pes

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Oh the agony of these comments............. Sorry......... I so disagree that FIFA-16- and 17 are less arcade!

To note, that I'm coming from the perspective of having loaded on my PC full flight simulators where you are forced to read over 600 page manuals like this..........

IMG_20120226_135738_zpsg2sakbki.jpg

That take over a month to read and learn and the software alone has real physics and maths with real atmospheric weather engines in the core programming calculated into game.

Now as per Forum Rules we are not allowed to discuss certain things, so let me use alternative ways to communicate my opinions.

Has the football/soccer game changed since the early 80's no doubt about it that with modern gaming technologies the game feels more realistic but not true in actuality.

To make a long story short adding things like I discuss in the below threads would develop the EA FIFA series from being more or less arcade to more realistic simulation of the sport....... Just because they add a few quirks does not make it a simulated sports game, there is so much they can still add and programme to the code-base that will make it a 100% to near full simulation or as close as it will ever be with current technology. :wink:

You want further proof go here................ http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/176615/looks-like-another-year-of-unrealistic-tricks

Nuff said!
    Post edited by Turf_Knights2016 on
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dude, I never claimed fifa is a "simulated sports game", I simply said they went more of a sim route compared to pes.

You just responded to something no one actually said just so you could go on your own tangent and promote your own threads.. Again
  • Turf_Knights2016
    :wink:
  • Designer
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I put a few hours into the demo earlier this morning and was not sold on it.

The gameplay is still very robotic, the AI on the other team still gives you a good challenge and each team plays differently, something Konami always do right, its not every team playing like Barca like Fifa 16 but the game won't be a must buy for me. It still feels quite clunky, same as every year. Messi doesn't feel like Messi, he feels like just another player. Visually its improved but it still feels like the same old PES and is only good for nostalgia.

Its offline will be solid. It always is but EA have pushed hard this year on its offline modes and have finally improved its online modes and will blow PES away. Konami had their chance to overtake EA and steal a lot of players who were frustrated with the lack of changes EA were making but failed to give fans what they want and instead ramble on about how they've brought football back or brag about the awards they've won at some meaningless expos.

This.

Robotic, arcadey - all the years gone by and it's still exactly that. I don't know if it's a Konami thing or Fox Engine thing, it's 2016 but they just can't seem to get the animations right. I mean look at Snake's animations in MGSV... still light years behind a 2013 game like GTAV. It's like animation keyframes from when Snake is standing upright to when he falls to the ground due to a sniper bullet or CQC from an enemy is basically non-existent, he falls straight to the ground in super milli seconds your eyes can't even catch when it happened. His running animation is still the same from the 90s, a Boss running around Motherbase with his feet thumping so loud like a chump. When you compare basic animations of Franklin from GTAV, the movements of his arms when walking or Nathan Drake's from any of the Uncharteds, makes Konami's look very dated. How people always think PES' animations is realistic is beyond me.
  • PARKOURBOY24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    So I tried the PES demo last night while this is my first year being really big in to soccer, I could not get in to PES I do have legitimate reasons for this statement. The controls for me were not great I am not use to them because, over the year's I had played FIFA so the controls were one thing for me. Another was the sliding tackle you can slide so far and that to me seems very arcade style of gameplay to me. Now the good I loved how the crowd was in this game if you made a tackle and got possession of the ball the crowd went nuts and I loved that. There was no commentary in the game though I was wondering where that was in the demo last night so that was a bit of a disappointment for me. My final thought was why would you use data from May why would you not do it from last month or something because with that its going to get more people to go and buy the other product. So in regards to this I look forward to trying out the FIFA 17 Demo when it comes out. Does anyone know when that is?
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    You do realize pes has scripting and momentum?!

This is true, but at least PES has stats and ratings that mean something. Stats and ratings mean absolutely nothing in FIFA. Just fire up a game and you have no idea how it's going to play. Every game of FIFA is randomized, particularly in FUT.

Try to play with a low spirit team in MyClub and your players will literally trip over themselves and not be able to function at all. Play with a 50 chem team in FUT and watch your team play like Barca on steroids.
  • Shaanxz
    20478 posts Club Captain
    Ea have added composure which used to be a hidden stat, I guess it's a start
  • TheGabc
    1947 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone been able to download in Europe?
  • TheGabc
    1947 posts Play-Off Hero
    TheGabc wrote: »
    Anyone been able to download in Europe?

nevermind I found it, playstation store is just ****
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain

The resolution alone, is horrendous.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    played a few games earlier.

as a veteran of pes i know its back this time round.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Have about 10 PES Demo games under my belt. To summarize:
    1. Exciting situations, goals and near misses.
    2. Each CPU team feels/plays differently.
    3. Players feel like little robots running around.
    4. At times you feel like you aren't playing, sure there are some great subtle animations, but for example on defense if you just stay on your man it's almost like the game predetermined that you will steal the ball back.

I will play this demo to get a soccer fix, but overall I believe FIFA should be a more complete game.

point 4.

as a defender some of the antics in fifa are unrealistic.
    if a defender stays put the oposition dribbler has to be very good to beat him....thats the way it should be.

in fifa they programmed it to cater for kids who like to dribble.
  • Shaanxz
    20478 posts Club Captain
    Adaptive AI will ruin online imo, like ea did last year with the Ai intercepting eveything
  • piccolo_bsc
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    Adaptive AI will ruin online imo, like ea did last year with the Ai intercepting eveything

Adaptive AI is only for offline modes dude.
  • Shaanxz
    20478 posts Club Captain

Source?! That's a huge sigh of relief then
  • piccolo_bsc
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2016

Adam Bhatti was a guest at the german 24/7 channel RocketbeansTV. Interview is in English though, don't know when exactly he says it. But i remember he does.

• Recoba
    Dude, I never claimed fifa is a "simulated sports game", I simply said they went more of a sim route compared to pes.

You just responded to something no one actually said just so you could go on your own tangent and promote your own threads.. Again

FIFA looks nothing like real football. Its the same thing you say rocket league is like football.

Its an amazing videogame, but does not represent football in many form.
  • Retro_G
    29079 posts Player of the Year
    coatsy2008 wrote: »

The resolution alone, is horrendous.

PES 17 is 1080p, 60fps on PS4, Xbone. Here is a link with all the details, a good skill tutorial video for new players. PES has a huge amount of intricate gameplay elements that take a lot of time to learn.

PES is easy to pick up, play, but difficult to master, will take a lot of games to get good. I'm a top hundred leaderboard player, always takes me a while to get to grips with the new gameplay mechanics.

Playing vs another human is a completely different game, a lot of tactics are turned off in the demo and they separate the men from the boys...

http://www.pes-patch.com/2016/08/pes-2017-demo-download-details-teams-links.html
  • Designer
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special

giphy.gif

Oh the agony of these comments............. Sorry......... I so disagree that FIFA-16- and 17 are less arcade!

To note, that I'm coming from the perspective of having loaded on my PC full flight simulators where you are forced to read over 600 page manuals like this..........

IMG_20120226_135738_zpsg2sakbki.jpg

That take over a month to read and learn and the software alone has real physics and maths with real atmospheric weather engines in the core programming calculated into game.

Now as per Forum Rules we are not allowed to discuss certain things, so let me use alternative ways to communicate my opinions.

Has the football/soccer game changed since the early 80's no doubt about it that with modern gaming technologies the game feels more realistic but not true in actuality.

To make a long story short adding things like I discuss in the below threads would develop the EA FIFA series from being more or less arcade to more realistic simulation of the sport....... Just because they add a few quirks does not make it a simulated sports game, there is so much they can still add and programme to the code-base that will make it a 100% to near full simulation or as close as it will ever be with current technology. :wink:

You want further proof go here................ http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/176615/looks-like-another-year-of-unrealistic-tricks

Nuff said!

Dude, you really wanna compare football to flying a plane in a straight line and making a few turns and landing... Tell your Flight Simulator devs to make a decent football game before you begin comparisons. Football - with players all over the pitch having over a billion behavorial animations and reactions TO firing up your plane up, going on the runaway, retracting landing gears, watching altitudes and rudders...c'mon most devs nowadays can easily make that, nobody just has the time to create some Flight Sim.
  • Retro_G
    29079 posts Player of the Year
    Sorry wrong link, here is the skill tutorial video.

• Recoba
    You need to turn off auto feint in options.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro

Adam Bhatti was a guest at the german 24/7 channel RocketbeansTV. Interview is in English though, don't know when exactly he says it. But i remember he does.

He says it around the 42 min mark
  • Turf_Knights2016
    edited August 2016
    Designer wrote: »

Dude, you really wanna compare football to flying a plane in a straight line and making a few turns and landing... Tell your Flight Simulator devs to make a decent football game before you begin comparisons. Football - with players all over the pitch having over a billion behavorial animations and reactions TO firing up your plane up, going on the runaway, retracting landing gears, watching altitudes and rudders...c'mon most devs nowadays can easily make that, nobody just has the time to create some Flight Sim.

Mmm, I'm thinking, best to ask you, do you really want me to argue the point intelligently with regards to a what really is the difference in "Arcade PG13 gaming or Adult Study Simulation" in any game type/genre?

So please, by all means, you give me an answer first to either get into a serious discussion YES or NO answer is fine?

I will glady give you a full run down if its a yes?

But to poorly point out that all I was doing is comparing apples and oranges is on your part, missing the entire point I was making and answering to a reply above in thread........but mmm okay mate!

The good thing is some good discussion already happening in this thread:- http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/176691/arcade-vs-simulation

Nevertheless carry-on! :wink:

Post edited by Turf_Knights2016 on