Am I the only one slightly worried about the shooting physics?

Bram
9390 posts League Winner

All just looks a bit robotic to me

Comments

• roovzy
    802 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It looks like an impressive evolution to me. The main difference appears to be it's less clunky than what we currently have.
  • Mö100
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yes it looks robotic, but i think every thing will be fine in the full game.
  • w4rsh0tta
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    To me it looks a lot more realistic than any other FIFA.
  • Steph3998
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    FK and penalties looks way too robotic imo... I liked the old animations, these ones are too robotic :/
  • Marrone
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    After playing fifa 17 for hours at gamescom and a daily fifa player i can confirm absolutely nothing has changed to the shooting physics. Pks and freekicks is a different system but ingame its the same.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    597 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I guess wait for someone in the community to buy it and make a thorough review article or recording a full match and highlights. After that it's about personal choice whether you should wait for FIFA 2018 or simply buy FIFA 17

Although for me if EA FIFA-17 is like or either remains lifeless, just poorly animated or no real physics like video below.

I won't buy it until I see serious Developer Notes and Video Demonstration of them working on the FROSTBITE GFX Engine that they are actually developing real world physics and implementing into the main source -code for future development releases.

Because recently EA has stated that they will develop games as realistic as possible, so who knows what the future is like.

Are there problems, yes, there are quirks and glitches and bugs that can be worked using real body motion and collision kinematics with physics and math principles.

This all needs to be better programmed for improved realism, immersion, and simulated gameplay.

Currently, its not to bad, I would say 80% done so to speak but will see.

Again EA needs to demonstrate in FIFA 17-18 release that they are now making the mechanics as real as they will ever be taking into consideration the limitations of game design and technology. To simply use basic gfx engine tools to show movement is not true programming of physics game engine, its just arcade!

Its really all that simple so instead of constant threads discussing the same better we wait.

• UltraDinama1
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect

This should get Oscar..
  • Turf_Knights2016
    edited August 2016
    Finally someone gerried to this

lol.gif

Yeah good vid, how many matches I played the animation is exactly the same as vid above!

EA FIFA 16 VIDEO OSCAR NOMINEE WINNER

2013-oscar-nominees2.jpg
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bal physics is like the one thing I dont worry about at all. Its been top drawer since fifa 15
  • chaser2k15
    16090 posts World Class
    Great video. Lol
  • Staggie
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    Thats why there is the beta.
  • Chixxy-
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd like to see more variation with the ball physics in terms of long-shots. At the moment every single long-shot that isn't hit first time has the dipping animation. The shot will rise and then come down quickly.

You don't see many shots struck that start low and then rise or shots that are driven towards the bottom corner. Thankfully they are addressing the latter and we can probably actually expect shots like these to be incredible/over-powered on release as the annual new features tend to be.

The ball physics on lobbed passes with square/x need some work. It would be cool if players could ping a ball with some back-lift on it, in comparison to now where it's just a lobbed ball that has no spin on.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    Chixxy- wrote: »
    I'd like to see more variation with the ball physics in terms of long-shots. At the moment every single long-shot that isn't hit first time has the dipping animation. The shot will rise and then come down quickly.

You don't see many shots struck that start low and then rise or shots that are driven towards the bottom corner. Thankfully they are addressing the latter and we can probably actually expect shots like these to be incredible/over-powered on release as the annual new features tend to be.

The ball physics on lobbed passes with square/x need some work. It would be cool if players could ping a ball with some back-lift on it, in comparison to now where it's just a lobbed ball that has no spin on.

I have made a few attempts to illustrate to EA either moderators to discuss to developers or directly Developers who might be reading the forum in many threads.

Here are some videos that explain better physics modeling into game.................

Once all this is implemented a nice readup from a EA Developer discussing the programming of real physics and code design would be a sweet read and acknowledgment that finally a real good Football/Soccer game has been created until then its aracady and a distant dream!

So all we can do is .........................
    daydream-animated-animation-day-dream-smiley-emoticon-000404-large.gif