Frostbite engine is amazing

Dr.Strange
1479 posts Play-Off Hero
Based on the footage we've seen so far from gamescom this new engine they promoted really is like day and night compared to fifa 16. These graphics look almost as good as Battlefield 1.Wow.I knew it was going to look good after they promoted the new engine a couple months ago but i had no idea it would look THIS good. EA really outdid themselves again.

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20298 posts Club Captain
    I think its a solid outing on first attempt, but like konami with pes. They've had the doc engine for 4 editions now! Each time it will progress ten folds
  • Turf_Knights2016
    597 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Based on the footage we've seen so far from gamescom this new engine they promoted really is like day and night compared to fifa 16. These graphics look almost as good as Battlefield 1.Wow.I knew it was going to look good after they promoted the new engine a couple months ago but i had no idea it would look THIS good. EA really outdid themselves again.

Well, will see first how true are the gameplay physics on player and ball plus hoping for real weather engine. Not forgetting a complete database of HQ HD 3D Stadiums.

I still prefer Graphic engines that are heavily programmed for true environmental physics as a core platform for realistic game design and implementation.

Nice Read............ http://www.gamedesigning.org/career/video-game-engines/

Currently best GFX Engines:-

Are some of my favorites, FROSTBITE is okay and EA stated they have an agreement to further develop the code-base so will see because Battlefield is not ARMAIII where in ARMA there is more programming effort for true environmental physics read here:- https://arma3.com/features/engine

So will see how EA plans to transform the FIFA brand under new CEO!

Until then we.....................

daydream-animated-animation-day-dream-smiley-emoticon-000404-large.gif
  • MeanOnSunday
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looks good, but same old physics problems. Two defenders bump into each other and go down like they were in Battlefield. Let's see if we have the same nonsense with keepers where they run right by the ball or kick air.
  • Marrone
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I could not disagree more. I played all fifa from 10 and played fifa 17 for hours at gamescom on exhibitors day and it is a very small change. If people would not know that there was a new engine at play nobody would know believe me. Graphics only small difference in cutscenes. In normal play you will not notice it. Furthermore i think new engine is more for environmental aspects and not a "core" gameplay engine because in that case fifa would really feel different and that is not. I can imagine your are hyped for new release and see more than that is there but unfortunately that is not. You will see when demo comes.
  • Solja
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 2016
    I don't what graphics are u looking at but no change in graphics infact looks worse on this instance dull night graphics no lighting

https://goo.gl/images/skqudv
  • Solja
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 2016
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sarcasm my friends.

In retrospect I found it funny how they made a big deal out of Frostbite. And looking now it was, as always, very misleading.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    Sarcasm my friends.

In retrospect I found it funny how they made a big deal out of Frostbite. And looking now it was, as always, very misleading.

Yep,

........... thats why I have been commenting in post's like this................ https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/3345443/#Comment_3345443

We want realism, immersion and a simulated experience now that you have a game looking like FIFA 16 it certainly can be improved to a standard that best competes with games like ARMAIII in core programming true environmental gameplay physics and improved features like a dynamic weather engine.

I do expect they will release just an aracde gaming hope not but I see more development FIFA-18 +

If they care to listen and take action thats what counts the action part.

FROSTBITE needs more work for it to be anything that really pleases the masses!

So will see...........................

daydream-animated-animation-day-dream-smiley-emoticon-000404-large.gif

• sty
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    if they spent 3 years to release this game on frostbite engine.... probably fifa 18 will be same as 17 and fifa 19 will need a new engine again...
  • Shaanxz
    20298 posts Club Captain
    Like I said, it's a solid outing on the frostbite! Nothing more nothing less
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'd have thought this year would look good but next year on Xbox Scorpio/PS4 Neo it would look much better.
  • Marrone
    Sarcasm my friends.

Damn you got me there. I like sarcasm but here it is dangerous becuwase with that comment of yours you probably made some fanboys preorder fifa 17. ;)
  • Marrone
    Guys..... Remember ignite engine?! The fantastic new next gen engine that was gonna change fifa forever bla bla bla. What happenend, it made fifa much worse and therefore it flopped. Furthermore, recently was proved that ignite was no new engine but just the old engine a bit updated. Now they do not even admit it but once again bring a new engine thats gonna change everything but once again all the frustrations and bugs that are in fifa for years are still there which indicates no new engine. You know where EA is very good at: marketing! And making you believe you buy new features that are already there but unmentioned or should be there in the first place.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    Sounds like all they've been doing over the years is splashing the end-users.............

2011-09-08_210328.jpg

Just don't buy EA GAMES Products hurt them at their own game!

Because after reading these links last week...............

*** http://www.wired.co.uk/article/fifa-16-review

*** https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/158932/fifa-16-the-ugly-side-of-the-beautiful-game

Sometimes better to skip a few versions until they fix stuff up and make it the way we all enjoy it!

If thats not clear to EAGAMES then go under and explain that to your investors!

Remember guys GAMERS always have the last laugh in ( SALES DOWN )...........check history! :wink: