FIFA17 Day 1 Gold Packopocolypse

Zephiasco
121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited August 2016
Alright fellas, let's talk about spending cold hard cash on golden packages when FIFA17 launches. How much you dropping on FIFA Points? Who do you hope to pack? Worst case scenario (no great pulls) how much FIFA coins do you think you'll generate relative to real money spent? Will you sell great pulls straight away, or wait and watch the market? Any pre-pack rituals to speak of? - It's worth noting that; haters will hate you for spending £$€, pay them no mind it's just sour grapes ;) - I'm spunking £320.00 on opening day, worst case scenario think I'll make somewhere around 1.5 million. I usually close my eyes before opening a pack, when I open them again it's usually followed up by "who the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is that" :D
Post edited by Zephiasco on

Comments

• Gunnerz
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2016
    £320... so thats about 48k FP. Even if you just open 7.5k packs that equals 320 of them, so an avg of 5k of coins per pack would net you about 1.6mil.

What you planning on doing with it?
  • nero2082
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    £320.00? get your head checked
  • Gunnerz
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    nero2082 wrote: »

Yea it is alot... but if you are gonna put money down it, straight away is better than spreading it out over a year.

That amount of money is the same as some putting £15 a fortninght in.

Sure plenty do atleast that.

Putting it in strsight away will give you better value
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah don't let people talk ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about what you're putting in. People that put in £15-£20 every few nights throughout the entire year are the real idiots
  • Zephiasco
    nero2082 wrote: »
    I find it to be an aggreeable sum, I see no reason to have my head checked. Money is relative afterall.
  • Zephiasco
    Gunnerz wrote: »
    £320... so thats about 48k FP. Even if you just open 7.5k packs that equals 320 of them, so an avg of 5k of coins per pack would net you about 1.6mil.

What you planning on doing with it?
    I've got a nigh on ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for the legend Del Piero that got announced at gamescom, I'm gunna use my initial outlay as a springboard to get him. 4* skills 5* weak foot if I remember correctly.

• Zephiasco
    ALIST4R wrote: »
    Yeah don't let people talk **** about what you're putting in. People that put in £15-£20 every few nights throughout the entire year are the real idiots
    Certain people can really get their panties in a twist about people they don't know spending money, I've always found it a bit weird but each to their own I guess. Yeah I've always put my money in FUT within the first 2 days of launch, usually the best way to go. Although, early-access confuses things a little.

• SPDavid23
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    Zephiasco wrote: »
    Alright fellas, let's talk about spending cold hard cash on golden packages when FIFA17 drops. How much you dropping on FIFA Points? Who do you hope to pack? Worst case scenario (no great pulls) how much FIFA coins do you think you'll generate relative to real money spent? Will you sell great pulls straight away, or wait and watch the market? Any pre-pack rituals to speak of? - It's worth noting that; haters will hate you for spending money, pay them no mind it's just sour grapes ;) - I'm spunking £320.00 on opening day, worst case scenario think I'll make somewhere around 1.5 million. I usually close my eyes before opening a pack, when I open them again it's usually followed up by "who the **** is that" :D

Please post your pack luck here too! Its wiser to spend all at the start when card prices are high.
  • I SiR MartY I
    15849 posts World Class
    Spending £0.

I mean, if people have the money to spend on packs then fair play to them but I can't justify spending real money on cards that are irrelevant in 12 months.

I'm really cheap though, could drop serious money on packs, just don't see the point. Every player I want is going to cost max 20k.

But good luck to you, if you pull Del Piero, please tell me how good he is, would love to use ADP, Zola and Inzaghi together in a front 3.
  • Zephiasco
    Spending £0.

I mean, if people have the money to spend on packs then fair play to them but I can't justify spending real money on cards that are irrelevant in 12 months.

I'm really cheap though, could drop serious money on packs, just don't see the point. Every player I want is going to cost max 20k.

But good luck to you, if you pull Del Piero, please tell me how good he is, would love to use ADP, Zola and Inzaghi together in a front 3.
    I'm not expecting to pull ADP in a pack (but if i did, oh, the noise i would make lol) however I'm hellbent of raising enough money to get him. He's my favourite player ever, him and Totti. I guess I have a thing for classy Italians. I actually had a 76 rated version of him on UT the year before he retired and that card was awesome. Seemed to play well above the rating so I can only imagine what a 90-91 rated card would be like.

• Zephiasco
    Please post your pack luck here too! Its wiser to spend all at the start when card prices are high.
    I'll be sure to m8, I never have great packluck though not since early years of UT when pack weighting was really favourable. Instead I make a really conservative estimate then try and squeeze every last coin out of the packs I open day one. Then trade from there, trading is comically easy when you have a mil or two sat in the bank.

• I SiR MartY I
    15849 posts World Class
    Spending £0.

I'm not expecting to pull ADP in a pack (but if i did, oh, the noise i would make lol) however I'm hellbent of raising enough money to get him. He's my favourite player ever, him and Totti. I guess I have a thing for classy Italians. I actually had a 76 rated version of him on UT the year before he retired and that card was awesome. Seemed to play well above the rating so I can only imagine what a 90-91 rated card would be like.

Sorry, I meant get him. Way past my bed time, can hardly English.

I had a team with Totti, Del Piero and Inzaghi back on Fifa 12 I think it was. Slowest attack I've ever used but was so fun. Would love to use all 3 again together but with legend stats.
  • Zephiasco

I had a team with Totti, Del Piero and Inzaghi back on Fifa 12 I think it was. Slowest attack I've ever used but was so fun. Would love to use all 3 again together but with legend stats.
    Inzaghi looks class, not the best looking stats on the card at first glance but then you look a little deeper, 85 pace med/low workrates and 'tries to beat offside trap' I bet he's ace just sat on the shoulder of the defender waiting for a sniff of a through ball. 90+ finishing too, wouldn't mind trying him on 17 tbh I think I just talked myself into it.

• I SiR MartY I
    15849 posts World Class

Inzaghi looks class, not the best looking stats on the card at first glance but then you look a little deeper, 85 pace med/low workrates and 'tries to beat offside trap' I bet he's ace just sat on the shoulder of the defender waiting for a sniff of a through ball. 90+ finishing too, wouldn't mind trying him on 17 tbh I think I just talked myself into it.

I used him in 14 or 15, whichever had legends first and I wasn't a big fan, but that Fifa was a lot to do with pace and dribbling, something he doesn't have a lot of compared to other, cheaper options.

I might give him another go in 17 depending how the game play is and if I can earn enough coins. The dream would be an all Italian Legend team. Gattuso, Nesta, Maldini etc
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    500k can build a insane team already, you don't need any special cards due to the chem glitch and hamdicup.
  • Zephiasco
    500k can build a insane team already, you don't need any special cards due to the chem glitch and hamdicup.
    I'm not sure you'll get an 'insane' team for 500k on FIFA17, not while the final phase before FIFA18 anyway.

• scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm not sure you'll get an 'insane' team for 500k on FIFA17, not while the final phase before FIFA18 anyway.

Just a reference when compared to FUT 16 only, you can get a Serie A team for that price even at the first week. If the players prices is high in FUT 17, you'll get more coins from the packs.
  • BaronSchafer
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'll put in 100$ into Fifa Points on Day 1. Get around 300k-400k coins from the cash. Trade with totw 1 and get up to 500k. Build a cheap team and play tons of matches with the catalogue boosts and do some clever trading along the way. Ill have 800k-1,000,000 coins by Christmas hopefully and just try out any cards I want from there;)
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    15072 posts Moderator
    I normally spend quite abit at the start but i simply can't afford to this time around! So for me it will likely be £0 but i will catch up throughout the year!
  • Just_Unfair
    4380 posts National Call-Up
    I'll put in 100$ into Fifa Points on Day 1. Get around 300k-400k coins from the cash. Trade with totw 1 and get up to 500k. Build a cheap team and play tons of matches with the catalogue boosts and do some clever trading along the way. Ill have 800k-1,000,000 coins by Christmas hopefully and just try out any cards I want from there;)

Pretty much my game plan as well
  • Baghdad187
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    HEAY you wanna spend 320quid thats your money and do as you please, hope you make some good pulls

For me i got the super deluxe edition so i'll be getting my two jumbo packs each week that will do for me.. Week one i will buy 12,000 fifa points and intend not to buy no more.. this year i'm gonna just enjoy playing the game. Not the packs.
  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    i could buy a car for 320 quid, how about you give me that 320 quid and i give you my yu-gi-oh collection from 10 years ago
  • Bainesy
    771 posts Semi-Pro
    probs about £50
  • I SiR MartY I
    15849 posts World Class
    creative wrote: »
    i could buy a car for 320 quid, how about you give me that 320 quid and i give you my yu-gi-oh collection from 10 years ago

Does it have Kuriboh?
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Not even sure I'll buy the game, never mind wasting money on a virtual item, that will become irrelevant a year down the line.

I'm waiting on the demo, wouldn't pre-order a product that could be trash. A fool and his money are soon parted.
  • BRISTOL86
    9316 posts League Winner
    creative wrote: »
    i could buy a car for 320 quid

Remind me to never get a lift from you!
  • Will spend 100 quid including the game and will open packs when comes out on early access. That will be the total I spend for the whole year
  • Andyomazing
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    Baghdad187 wrote: »
    HEAY you wanna spend 320quid thats your money and do as you please, hope you make some good pulls

For me i got the super deluxe edition so i'll be getting my two jumbo packs each week that will do for me.. Week one i will buy 12,000 fifa points and intend not to buy no more.. this year i'm gonna just enjoy playing the game. Not the packs.

Literally my plan 100%
  • NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2016
    Going to spend 500$+ on fifa points. Will go 200 on the first day then the rest spread out.

I love football, i'm in a professional team making 1200$ a year, i've saved around 600$ for this game and going to spend it. Don't think its a waste at all since i enjoy this game more then anything else and i play 2000+ games yearly. Never have been lucky to try the best players on the game in the past years. Also think i will need it to help try and get big rewards in game.

Some people spend 500+ on alcohol and cigarettes, i spend it on a game i enjoy a lot. See nothing wrong with buying a lot of FP
  • Will spend 500 euros all one day 1. after that nothing hopefully will get 2 mill in return.