Legacy Defending in FIFA 17

Sharaf
8 posts Ball Boy
Will legacy defending be permitted in online matches in FIFA17?

Comments

• Alergi
    1168 posts Professional
    No, legacy is for noobs.
  • Believe me man I tried several times to learn the new system, but it still so difficult to master, tell me your experience
  • sty
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    isnt hard to defend with the new system...the big problems comes when u have input lag ... just dont atack the opponent unless u arent sure u can take the ball
  • Mbenz
    3 posts Ball Boy
    The defending is killing. Players shielding and pushing my player off the ball. How do I stop that
  • Alexunited94
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Mbenz wrote: »
    The defending is killing. Players shielding and pushing my player off the ball. How do I stop that

Get better.
  • Mbenz
    3 posts Ball Boy
    any pointer
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Youtube is full of defending tutorial.
  • Mbenz
    3 posts Ball Boy
    they don't work for me. I must be missing something
  • Sharaf
    8 posts Ball Boy
    I don't understand why EA doesn't make it the choice of the player. They can just put an option in the match making page to choose from playing with other players using tactical defending or players using legacy defending. It's easy and that will make all people satisfied.
  • maksi
    6611 posts Big Money Move
    Because legacy defending has automatic standing tackle and would be pointless to play with tactical defending.
  • Mö100
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Because it's not fair to use Legacy defending against someone who's using Tactical defending.
  • @Mö100 sure man, but I didn't ask them for that, I only asked to give the option for legacy defending players to play together and not with tactical defending players
  • GenericName1
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Legacy should be removed even from offline modes.
  • piccolo_bsc
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    "new system"? Dude it's been there for 3 years now. Don't live in the past.
  • Lillo86
    Legacy should be removed even from offline modes.

This.
  • maksi
    6611 posts Big Money Move
    "new system"? Dude it's been there for 3 years now. Don't live in the past.
    5 years, since fifa 12

• Retro_G
    29291 posts Player of the Year
    Sharaf wrote: »
    @Mö100 sure man, but I didn't ask them for that, I only asked to give the option for legacy defending players to play together and not with tactical defending players

That should be an option pal. I've been playing Fifa since 93, much prefer legacy defending.

The average age of a gamer is 32, why alienate such a big player base? It doesn't even make sense from a financial aspect, they should cater to both the new, old time fans.

PES has won best sports game for the last three years, they use legacy defending. Don't fix what's not broken E.A. It was all these kids who kept getting slapped online, who started complaining about the refined legacy defensive system.

I know people will say that critic awards don't mean anything. That's false, they're important to developers, who take pride in their work. It's clearly obvious that football games, are primarily judged on their gameplay. You can have all the bells, whistle's in the world, but if your game lacks depth and well it becomes an empty shell.
  • wetcase
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Retro_G wrote: »
    PES has won best sports game for the last three years
    gamescom award 2016:
    Best Sports Game – Steep (Ubisoft)

• Retro_G
    wetcase wrote: »
    PES has won best sports game for the last three years
    gamescom award 2016:
    Best Sports Game – Steep (Ubisoft)

I never mentioned this year, know steep mopped up the awards. ;)
  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Take it out of online friendlies so people like Sean Allen don't cry.
  • Any tym7
    1384 posts Professional
    I preferred legacy defending was a lot less frustrating and defence was very hard to beat . Clean sheets was possible and you could win games soley on defence if required .

now no matter how good you defend your team lets in 3-4 goals a game when the game decides to stop your players making tackles randomly throughout the game.
    i hate contain so much why cant you have a normal tackle button
  • Retro_G
    Any tym7 wrote: »
    I preferred legacy defending was a lot less frustrating and defence was very hard to beat . Clean sheets was possible and you could win games soley on defence if required .

now no matter how good you defend your team lets in 3-4 goals a game when the game decides to stop your players making tackles randomly throughout the game.
    i hate contain so much why cant you have a normal tackle button

It was removed to condense the skill gap, make the game more casual friendly.
  • wetcase
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    gamescom award 2013:
    Best Sports Game - FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts)

gamescom award 2014:
    Best Sports Game - PES 2015 (Konami Digital Entertainment)

gamescom award 2015:
    Best Sports Game - PES 2016 (Konami Digital Entertainment)

Can't find the third one.
  • Retro_G
    gamescom award 2013:

gamescom award 2014:

gamescom award 2015:

My mistake, thought it was three. Still though Fifa hasn't been relevant in three years, you could use legacy defending in Fifa 14. The player base is large enough, legacy defending should be a choice for people who prefer the old style.
  • Antiversum
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    gamescom award 2013:

gamescom award 2014:

gamescom award 2015:

My mistake, thought it was three. Still though Fifa hasn't been relevant in three years, you could use legacy defending in Fifa 14. The player base is large enough, legacy defending should be a choice for people who prefer the old style.

Stay offline and with H2H friendlies. Problem solved.
  • Retro_G
    edited August 2016
    Antiversum wrote: »
    gamescom award 2013:

gamescom award 2014:

gamescom award 2015:

Stay offline and with H2H friendlies. Problem solved.

No that's not a solution. Fifa sells over ten million copies, they could facilitate both styles of defending. I'm not interested in offline, would like to play all online modes with like minded people.

I'm good at defending, had 41 D1 titles in 45 attempts on Fifa 14 using tactical. I still prefer the old style, believe it gives you more control. Legacy vs Legacy, it doesn't impact people who prefer tactical.

Edit: When you think about it, E.A. are turning away people who would potentially spend money on FUT packs, by omitting Legacy defending.

For instance, my mate used to always play FUT, spend a lot of money of packs. He hates the new style of defending, stopped playing FUT and sticks to career mode now.
  • Diggy
    13635 posts Has That Special Something
    Legacy defending should be dead & buried shouldn't even be a thing in the game anymore at all the past should be left in the past
  • Retro_G
    Diggy wrote: »
    Legacy defending should be dead & buried shouldn't even be a thing in the game anymore at all the past should be left in the past

It will not have any bearing on people who enjoy tactical defending. The last Fifa game that scored over an 85 on metacritic had legacy defending. That was Fifa 14, which was a great game, rightly so scored an 87.

Let's be real here, the reason why Fifa is on a downward spiral, is because tactical defending is clunky, unresponsive.

All we're asking for, is the option of playing against like minded individuals. You should never forget your roots. it was past gamers who made this franchise what it is today.

• Diggy
    13635 posts Has That Special Something
    Been playing the game since its inception getting rid of legacy defending was one of the biggest advances
  • Lillo86
    Diggy wrote: »

Let's be real here, the reason why Fifa is on a downward spiral, is because tactical defending is clunky, unresponsive.

No offence, but this is one of the most stupid things I've ever read on this forum.

We have plenty of exploits such as zigzag dribbling, OP skill moves, OP longshots, near post goals, OP sliding tackles, corner glitch, speed boost glitch, but you say that Fifa is going bad due to tactical defending? Come on...

Tactcal defending is much more realistic and deeper than the previous system because it is based on timing and positioning. It increases the skill gap between good defenders and bad ones.

On the contrary Legacy defending is superficial, lame and combined with the constant 90 minutes high pressure tactic (without any penalization) it is unrealistic and OP. Anyone can defend well with this system, it doesn't need any skill, just push a button and you're on the ball.

From what I have seen so far, it seems like in Fifa 17 Legacy defending will be pretty useless due to the new protection/physics system.
    You are going to be fooled big time by smarter player next year.