English Premier League 2016/17 Season Challenge|Match Day Thirty-eight

Comments

• Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sorry for the late response, but I've been busy and this thread has second priority.

West Ham blew its chance to make up some points, but probably doesn't matter at this point anyways by the look of it. Champions League is still a battle though.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    GKWalJ1.png
    KZVYzPU.png

West Ham United Stats:
    bXsl4d1.png

iFSSl7N.png

Real Table:
    JfABe94.png
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shame but it's still a point against high-flying Chelsea which is ok in the grand scheme of things.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Solid win there, and I've just gotta say you've got so much detail there statistically, it's really impressive. Keep up the good work. :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shame but it's still a point against high-flying Chelsea which is ok in the grand scheme of things.
    You must have posted just before the update. :D Think the race for the league title is over (in real life too). Still a lot left to decide for Europe though.
    Solid win there, and I've just gotta say you've got so much detail there statistically, it's really impressive. Keep up the good work. :)
    Thanks, it's become a little bit obsessive on my part trying to add a change things for the stats and tables, but if I do another story in the future it will save time in the long run, and if not, well I learned how to do a few things with Excel. :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    2DVKSB3.png
    SUjg5BJ.png

West Ham United Stats:
    W9CEK48.png

EBPK8kI.png

• Greenman019
    Ye I know the title race is pretty much over, but still good to get something off of Chelsea :)

Shame about the 0-0 at home but it keeps you on par with the teams around you. Nice new graphics btw.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Yes, very good graphics again! :)
    The race could aswell be over, but it's been a great run nonetheless. :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sorry for the lack of response. I've been super busy lately and I need to take a break. Nonetheless, I have some updates that I've been slowly working on.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    JIU00Lp.png
    zA1VEOb.png

West Ham United Stats:
    jmzHB85.png

Hull City Stats:
    4zqsP9U.png

XvpECXK.png

• Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    elBAu11.png
    4BIWXUl.png

West Ham United Stats:
    y0vwk9o.png

Arsenal Stats:
    QvNA6RS.png

• ale85bg
    Another good result, even if considering Arsenal's current position you could've also won that match... Still in a great position though!
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Another good result, even if considering Arsenal's current position you could've also won that match... Still in a great position though!

Arsenal outplayed us for much of the match and I feel fortunate to have earned a draw. Tried switching from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-2-1 at half. Helped to relieve some pressure on the defense but didn't really help us create chances. I'll take the point and move on. :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    gOtEinX.png
    5urSV2y.png
    RzL8z11.png

West Ham United Stats:
    yyLAXCM.png

Swansea City Stats:
    UM1e6Lg.png

• ale85bg
    edited April 2017
    Back to winning ways... Yeah!
    Even if Swansea are currently fighting to avoid relegation, it's still a good result, an injection of confidence. And it helps you keep a good gap from City, which is the most important thing.
  • Greenman019
    Nice to regain the lead just 3 minutes after they equalised. Bit of a sucker punch for the Swans but great for you to grab the win :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Back to winning ways... Yeah!
    Even if Swansea are currently fighting to avoid relegation, it's still a good result, an injection of confidence. And it helps you keep a good gap from City, which is the most important thing.
    Nice to regain the lead just 3 minutes after they equalised. Bit of a sucker punch for the Swans but great for you to grab the win :)
    This match was a bit of a struggle to create chances but Sakho came through off the bench when Carroll was struggling to do anything right. Much needed three points.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    ysoJODL.png
    Dd8FOfZ.png
    GIxs22V.png

West Ham United Stats:
    DF74zuL.png

Sunderland Stats:
    qZRuXOF.png
  • ale85bg
    Another very good result there. Keep it up! :)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Definitely the season is fantastic. Probably it couldn't be any better.

I like this model of story and all the details it has. Great job!
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another very good result there. Keep it up! :)
    Another match where we struggled to create chances, but despite the difference in total shots, I didn't feel too threatened by Sunderland except earning a draw.
    subpop wrote: »
    Definitely the season is fantastic. Probably it couldn't be any better.
    Pretty good season. Probably could've been a little better if some of those draws were wins, but not complaining.
    subpop wrote: »
    I like this model of story and all the details it has. Great job!
    Thanks. I like working with Excel, and I guess the main goal for this thread was to experiment with a few things that might make doing a more story-based CMS easier should I decide do another one in the future. Also, it gives me a purpose for using Excel at home, which makes it easier to learn.

• Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    mvJ2QPi.png
    KfYkE4D.png
    Cwasz44.png

Comments:
    This was a game of very few chances (much like the real one), but some effective late substitutions was enough for West Ham to steal a victory in the final minute. :)

West Ham United Stats:
    kaFKpFq.png

Everton Stats:
    SJANJL6.png
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    QvyLDr2.png
    6UvcFx6.png
    lHnzBAV.png

Comments:
    Carroll had another good match with two goals and one assist. Shaqiri made things interesting by hitting a strike from twenty yards out, but West Ham managed to hold off Stoke City for the three points. Chelsea clinch Champions League qualification and Sunderland are very close to relegation.

West Ham United Stats:
    XvhCSVk.png

Stoke City Stats:
    BGSqCzy.png
  • Greenman019
    Spurs looking over their shoulder now :o
  • ale85bg
    Great results again! About Spurs... I hate them! :confounded:

Please, overtake them. Pretty please!
    I know it doesn't really depend on you but you should win all the remaining matches and hope for a miracle (that is, they lose a match or two in real life, a thing that wouldn't hurt anyway).
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    Glad to see you have kept up with this and wow didn't expect to see West Ham 3rd place! The title looks out of reach but top 4 is still up for grabs, need a good finish to the season to cement one of those spots
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spurs looking over their shoulder now :o
    Great results again! About Spurs... I hate them! :confounded:

Please, overtake them. Pretty please!
    I know it doesn't really depend on you but you should win all the remaining matches and hope for a miracle (that is, they lose a match or two in real life, a thing that wouldn't hurt anyway).
    Should be a good match with the Spurs, although I've been playing the game less so I'll need to put in some practice before kickoff.

As far as real life, I kind of like Tottenham, although I think the title is Chelsea's to lose. Might be a sight to see Conte dancing around the pitch. :p
    Ashy wrote: »
    Glad to see you have kept up with this and wow didn't expect to see West Ham 3rd place! The title looks out of reach but top 4 is still up for grabs, need a good finish to the season to cement one of those spots
    Glad to see that you are back. I almost let this thread die on the vine, but I've got it to the point where it only takes me about fifteen minutes to post an update.

Sorry if I haven't been commenting. I still read through the active stories on my phone, but I don't usually comment from it because I prefer to use my laptop. I've been very tired at the end of the day lately and I'm supposed to be on hiatus. :#

• Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    BJMXkun.png
    iDzRJ3t.png
    J3TDesa.png

Comments:
    Well, crap! Harry Kane with the late goal to save his side's title hopes. Middlesbrough will be relegated along with Sunderland. West Ham have yet to clinch a Champions League spot. Hopefully the next match with Liverpool goes better.

West Ham United Stats:
    uByKc3A.png

Tottenham Hotspur Stats:
    P9iw3Yv.png
  • Ashy
    9526 posts League Winner
    Unlucky results against Spurs, top 4 looks like it may be under threat now with only 2 games to go, it's still in your hands but Liverpool are next and that will be tough
  • ale85bg
    Noooo! Not to Tottenham! :'(
    Well, at least Arsenal won. :joy: