English Premier League 2016/17 Season Challenge|Match Day Thirty-eight

13456
Virtual_K
1700 posts Play-Off Hero
edited May 2017
u734Loo.png

Hello,

I have decided to create a thread where I randomly choose an English Premier League team from the 2016/17 season and play out the league matches for that team each week to coincide with the real season. I will use the actual scores for when the other teams play each other. The league table will get updated after each week of league matches, and I plan to add a stats page for each team at the end of the month. I may decide to add a few videos or articles in certain spots at a later time, but the idea is to chart the progress of the team I am assuming against real outcomes without making the thread too cumbersome to update.

Match Rules:
  • FIFA16 online default squad from KICK OFF.
  • I can adjust my starting lineup and formation but I cannot add/remove players from the squad.
  • Ten minute halves
  • No do overs unless I get interrupted during a match (I am honest with no bias for/against any Premier League team)
  • Cup match results will be based on real outcomes

IWBoVCo.png

xim3kLO.png


FpLGqoX.png

Matches will start this weekend, so I will have a few to make up. Good luck Hammers!
Post edited by Virtual_K on

Comments

  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks good. Interested to see how Newcastle will fa-

    Oh.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looks good. Interested to see how Newcastle will fa-

    Oh.

    I'm assuming Newcastle is your team? :/
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yup :D
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Match Day One

    OcmOAwl.png

    m5rFFqE.png
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting idea and nice matchday presentation. Good luck. Judging by that first result you'll need it ;)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Interesting idea and nice matchday presentation. Good luck. Judging by that first result you'll need it ;)

    Thanks, trying to keep this thread simple but effective. Don't know West Ham United much. The default formation (4-1-4-1) is not one I'm used to playing, and I don't know the players well enough yet to start tweaking the lineup. Hopefully I can grow into the team soon, for West Ham's sake. :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Match Day Two

    L1rCn3V.png

    CbU5yEk.png
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2016
    Neat matchday banners mate as always :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Neat matchday banners mate as always :)

    Don't know about always as my early posts will testify, but I like to think I'm getting better at it. :#
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Match Day Three

    XOmnJNz.png

    2SSXHZO.png
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great comeback against Bournemouth. Sucks to concede so late on against City though :/
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Great comeback against Bournemouth. Sucks to concede so late on against City though :/

    West Ham outplayed Bournemouth and deserved the win, just took them until the final seconds to do so. On the flip side, Man City missed a number of chances and I thought West Ham might escape with the point, but they got that goal. :s Must be a Glich(y) in the game. :o
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    u734Loo.png

    August Stats

    z1wr3t8.png
    WBlXBUq.png
    RlCSdMh.png
    wALBDYP.png
    pVpvGn3.png
    Om2ofk0.png
    Gr5LTYn.png
    0VC1Fx7.png
    TI0CpJQ.png
    xUrO7h9.png
    i61dwsQ.png
    ri16g4g.png
    dWQj0UO.png
    IUUz3Tw.png
    39BITBE.png
    CxLRwie.png
    SM4nOdv.png
    DDfkR8f.png
    4FbLXrA.png
    dySL7wu.png
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Match Day Four

    HYjplIP.png

    mzvRrjI.png
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    The presentation and detail is great and you seem to be getting results now :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ashy wrote: »
    The presentation and detail is great and you seem to be getting results now :)

    Thanks. Thought this would be a simple but fun way to get some use out of the table I created but never got around to using. Think I might finally be getting used to FIFA16 passing...maybe. :o
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    Match Day Five

    dG0YcSH.png

    4ESaSMg.png
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Looked like quite an even game, you did have the better possession but came out with nothing in the end, unlucky hopefully you can bounce back
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ashy wrote: »
    Looked like quite an even game, you did have the better possession but came out with nothing in the end, unlucky hopefully you can bounce back

    McClean scored on a free kick. :s Tried playing with two strikers instead of the default one, but clearly that didn't work. :/
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Tried playing with two strikers instead of the default one, but clearly that didn't work. :/
    It's still early in the season, that's when you can experiment usually.
    Don't give this loss too much importance, you'll bounce back. :)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Tried playing with two strikers instead of the default one, but clearly that didn't work. :/
    It's still early in the season, that's when you can experiment usually.
    Don't give this loss too much importance, you'll bounce back. :)

    At least I'm doing better than the real Hammers. :)
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Tried playing with two strikers instead of the default one, but clearly that didn't work. :/
    It's still early in the season, that's when you can experiment usually.
    Don't give this loss too much importance, you'll bounce back. :)

    At least I'm doing better than the real Hammers. :)

    Not that that's really that much of an achievement ;)
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very even looking, stats wise. Would have guessed a draw based on that. Ah well. Onwards and upwards ^^
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Not that that's really that much of an achievement ;)

    You're probably right, at least at this juncture.
    Very even looking, stats wise. Would have guessed a draw based on that. Ah well. Onwards and upwards ^^

    Should have been a draw if the wall would have jumped when I pushed the damn button. :p

  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Match Day Six

    2wEDevD.png

    ZFwIRxD.png
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Solid performance there. Looks like a deserved win
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Yeah stats look good for you in that game, pushing top half of the table now which is great
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice possession stats, looks like you dominated. Well deserved solid win.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Solid performance there. Looks like a deserved win
    Ashy wrote: »
    Yeah stats look good for you in that game, pushing top half of the table now which is great
    Nice possession stats, looks like you dominated. Well deserved solid win.

    Thanks guys. I watched the real match between West Ham and Southampton prior to playing out this one and switched the default 4-1-4-1 lineup the game uses to the a 4-2-3-1 West Ham used. Beyond that, I did the opposite of the real West Ham United and tried to actually win the game for the home fans. :o
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    u734Loo.png

    September Stats

    asxg7Mk.png
    9PIq3f6.png
    zRXD2YY.png
    8UzLXq8.png
    vSFRfAl.png
    T3XSRUJ.png
    fsycTr7.png
    ggIoNtw.png
    mN0CsxK.png
    qHubkLy.png
    dAXAoLh.png
    NQzghvr.png
    WCJqZIr.png
    4iGhitF.png
    BfqPa17.png
    3yjnBIq.png
    gGms1WZ.png
    Au8s4HX.png
    tITe4n9.png
    ycnJwKB.png
Sign In or Register to comment.