The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

TOO FAST, ARCADEY AND CHILDISH

134567
Lillo86
118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited August 2016


Seriously, could someone explain me what genre this game belongs to?
Is it the new Need for Speed?
Is it Nba Live 17?
Or is it a beat'em up with a ball rolling?
Because from what I've seen in this video, this is everything but football: hypereactive headless chickens under **** effect almays running, bumping each other, doing the usual OP skill moves.
If you think this is the same football you see on TV, then I tell you that I have 3 penises.

What's the meaning of sticking with the Frostbite engine if these are the results?
Games like Rocket League and Super Arcade Football are more serious and credible than this circus simulator, trust me.

Please, tell me that it was set on "fast" speed on purpose, or because the build was on an early stage.
This joke can't be a next-gen football game.
Really disappointed.

PS: sorry for my English.
Post edited by Lillo86 on

Comments

  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    It's a co-op game, players are always going to be running into players because each player is being controlled. I hate this comment, I keep seeing it today. Ever play with a friend? I bump into my brother all the time when we play co-op, just because we're thinking the same run and just run into the same space. Almost every time players ran into each other in the video they were being controlled be the actual player.
  • Its_Jordy_NL
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What I wanted to see is slower build up play. It seems to get faster every year. I like everything I've seen so far but the speed, holy moly. Sorry for bad english as well :tongue:
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    It's a co-op game, players are always going to be running into players because each player is being controlled. I hate this comment, I keep seeing it today. Ever play with a friend? I bump into my brother all the time when we play co-op, just because we're thinking the same run and just run into the same space. Almost every time players ran into each other in the video they were being controlled be the actual player.

    I was referring to the infamous "constant 90 minutes sprint & high pressure" tactic (without being penalized in any way) that causes too many changes of possession play from one team to another.
    Post edited by Lillo86 on
  • xJOE
    328 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lillo86 wrote: »
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    It's a co-op game, players are always going to be running into players because each player is being controlled. I hate this comment, I keep seeing it today. Ever play with a friend? I bump into my brother all the time when we play co-op, just because we're thinking the same run and just run into the same space. Almost every time players ran into each other in the video they were being controlled be the actual player.

    I was referring to the infamous "constant 90 minutes pace&high pressure" tactic (without being penalized in any way) that causes too many changes of possession play from one team to another.

    Agree 100%. If anyone watches real football they'd recognise that EVERY match has slow periods where teams sit off and play builds up slowly. The 90 minutes of constant 100mph play is very unrealistic.
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    And this is nothing.
    Once the kids start moaning because they can't dribble all the players, the coach and the ballboys in a row, then the developers will try to make them happy by releasing the notorious December/January patch, also known as "The Return of the Pace Abusers, Dribblepigs and Longshot Spammers".

    Post edited by Lillo86 on
  • ij54321
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    xJOE wrote: »
    Lillo86 wrote: »
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    It's a co-op game, players are always going to be running into players because each player is being controlled. I hate this comment, I keep seeing it today. Ever play with a friend? I bump into my brother all the time when we play co-op, just because we're thinking the same run and just run into the same space. Almost every time players ran into each other in the video they were being controlled be the actual player.

    I was referring to the infamous "constant 90 minutes pace&high pressure" tactic (without being penalized in any way) that causes too many changes of possession play from one team to another.

    Agree 100%. If anyone watches real football they'd recognise that EVERY match has slow periods where teams sit off and play builds up slowly. The 90 minutes of constant 100mph play is very unrealistic.

    YOU GUYS STILL DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!
    I found a lot of things wrong with the gameplay but this was not one of them. Its a a 2 V 2 GAME for crying out loud.

    So if its two players of course the game is going to be fast paced and back and forth because both players or set of players are constantly trying to score

    idk about you but when i play the CPU or AI there are some slow periods depending on the score and the tempo of the game fluctuates like in real life

    Don't mean to be rude btw just my opinion and personal experience
  • QuadB96
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah sure Gary Cahill catching Aubameyang is more credible
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's way better offline to play and anyways, the game will play how the people are controlling it. If you played the same 2v2 game with all 4 players preferring to build up their play then they will do so.

    Same goes if 4 people just want to score as many as possible, they'll keep every player sprinting and the whole game looks a mess.

    Take Arma 3 for example. It's known as being tacticle, but if you have a bunch of CoD players on there then they'd be running around everywhere shooting and wasting ammo. The game will play how people want to play in the end.

    Even if Fifa 25 was running on ultra-photorealistic visuals on Frostbite 5 engine on PS6. If people want a goal fest, they'll get one.
  • xJOE
    328 posts Sunday League Hero
    ij54321 wrote: »
    xJOE wrote: »
    Lillo86 wrote: »
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    It's a co-op game, players are always going to be running into players because each player is being controlled. I hate this comment, I keep seeing it today. Ever play with a friend? I bump into my brother all the time when we play co-op, just because we're thinking the same run and just run into the same space. Almost every time players ran into each other in the video they were being controlled be the actual player.

    I was referring to the infamous "constant 90 minutes pace&high pressure" tactic (without being penalized in any way) that causes too many changes of possession play from one team to another.

    Agree 100%. If anyone watches real football they'd recognise that EVERY match has slow periods where teams sit off and play builds up slowly. The 90 minutes of constant 100mph play is very unrealistic.

    YOU GUYS STILL DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!
    I found a lot of things wrong with the gameplay but this was not one of them. Its a a 2 V 2 GAME for crying out loud.

    So if its two players of course the game is going to be fast paced and back and forth because both players or set of players are constantly trying to score

    idk about you but when i play the CPU or AI there are some slow periods depending on the score and the tempo of the game fluctuates like in real life

    Don't mean to be rude btw just my opinion and personal experience

    The entire pace of the game is too fast, if the players use one player (at a time) to make fast play(passing, moving etc.) it's going to make the AI players move around too quickly which makes the matches are constant chaos and players barely keep their shape/position whatsoever.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks like a sweat fest
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    ij54321 wrote: »
    xJOE wrote: »
    Lillo86 wrote: »
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    It's a co-op game, players are always going to be running into players because each player is being controlled. I hate this comment, I keep seeing it today. Ever play with a friend? I bump into my brother all the time when we play co-op, just because we're thinking the same run and just run into the same space. Almost every time players ran into each other in the video they were being controlled be the actual player.

    I was referring to the infamous "constant 90 minutes pace&high pressure" tactic (without being penalized in any way) that causes too many changes of possession play from one team to another.

    Agree 100%. If anyone watches real football they'd recognise that EVERY match has slow periods where teams sit off and play builds up slowly. The 90 minutes of constant 100mph play is very unrealistic.

    YOU GUYS STILL DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!
    I found a lot of things wrong with the gameplay but this was not one of them. Its a a 2 V 2 GAME for crying out loud.

    So if its two players of course the game is going to be fast paced and back and forth because both players or set of players are constantly trying to score

    idk about you but when i play the CPU or AI there are some slow periods depending on the score and the tempo of the game fluctuates like in real life

    Don't mean to be rude btw just my opinion and personal experience

    You were not rude, don't worry.

    But in my opinion if two or more players in order to score a goal have to hold the R2 button the whole match going back and forth without using any tactic, it means that the gameplay has the same depth of a rail shooter.
    Sprint, sprint, pass, pass, sprint, sprint, pass, pass, skill dribble, shoot. That's all?
    Did they really use the Frostbite engine for this racing game? Let's be serious please, I can't believe it.

    I really hope that the match on that video was played fast and arcadey on purpose because of the short time at disposal.
    Post edited by Lillo86 on
  • Shaanxz
    20962 posts Club Captain
    I hate comments like this, same with pes. When people see the new game. They always say it's play like the predecessor and looks the same. Just wait and try for yourself. Don't mean to have a go op
  • valentiii
    3671 posts National Call-Up
    Gameplay speed is down to the people playing it. Smfh. You're just playing down to the oppositions style of play rather than taking control of the game and controlling the tempo because you're not good enough of a player.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5682 posts Big Money Move
    Wait until you play it.
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    It's way better offline to play and anyways, the game will play how the people are controlling it. If you played the same 2v2 game with all 4 players preferring to build up their play then they will do so.

    Same goes if 4 people just want to score as many as possible, they'll keep every player sprinting and the whole game looks a mess.

    Take Arma 3 for example. It's known as being tacticle, but if you have a bunch of CoD players on there then they'd be running around everywhere shooting and wasting ammo. The game will play how people want to play in the end.

    Even if Fifa 25 was running on ultra-photorealistic visuals on Frostbite 5 engine on PS6. If people want a goal fest, they'll get one.

    Yes, you can play every game as you want.

    But in Arma 3, COD kids are easy targets because the gameplay tends to reward the tactical players. So in order to improve their game and win, they have to change their attitude.
    Same in PES (which has its flaws too btw), if you decide to play like a pace abuser + high pressing all the time you are screwed, because you will likely tire your team too early. You need to sprint carefully and use some tactic in order to break the defence.
    Now in Fifa, a player who uses the "90 min sprint+pressure" attitude seems to not be penalized. Of course, you can build up your play, but the gameplay fits best with the former. Not to mention some OP skill move and longshots.
    This game needs more balance and a little bit of tactic.
    There isn't any Risk/Reward system.

    If EA wants to release a football game based on goal fest it's ok for me, but they should stop advertising it as a simulation then.



    Post edited by Lillo86 on
  • Hallucination
    97 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2016
    You don't realize you can play FIFA at the speed you want to? You can play FIFA 16 by whipping the ball up the field with driven passes or play slower passes. Of course you say the quick counter style is more effective, but for divisions if you're good enough you can play realistic barca style possession.
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    You don't realize you can play FIFA at the speed you want to? You can play FIFA 16 by whipping the ball up the field with driven passes or play slower passes. Of course you say the quick counter style is more effective, but for divisions if you're good enough you can play realistic barca style possession.

    You mean ping-pong passing fest, right?

    Anyway I hope the demo will be different, with slower and more realistic pace and a gameplay who rewards those who play real football on the pitch.
    There is already the good Fifa Street for superhero fancy moves and goals.
    At the moment it seems like even Goat Simulator requires more brain usage than this Fifa kids 17.

  • RadioShaq
    15401 posts Moderator
    Its no surprise really. 16 was the slowest fifa and everyone hated it. All you heard is how people wanted to out run defenders and for passing and through balls to be better with dribbling and skill moves to be better.
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Its no surprise really. 16 was the slowest fifa and everyone hated it. All you heard is how people wanted to out run defenders and for passing and through balls to be better with dribbling and skill moves to be better.

    In other words people want another Fifa 15 (the worst and most unbalanced Fifa ever).
    They are ready to spend again 60 euros/50£ for a game that probably already own.

    Wow.

  • RadioShaq
    15401 posts Moderator
    You can't really blame ea for listening to the community. Plus most of the threads in 17 have been about visual and graphics any mention of gameplay gets met with the way nets move and grass shadows are much more important.
  • AlexFin
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I really hope when they release the game the pace will be like in Fifa 16. I hate ping pong stuff. Let's hoping they read what people is writing on this forums.
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    Eheheh.
    Well, that's the game we deserve then.
    Last year's Game Awards best sport game prize was won by Rocket League. Maybe EA wants to compete against Psyonix?
    At this point they should only add some power-up on the pitch and the game will be complete.
  • GodLevel
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    at least wait for the beta to start before making threads about gameplay being arcadey and too fast
  • MattyD1000
    87 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    GodLevel wrote: »
    at least wait for the beta to start before making threads about gameplay being arcadey and too fast

    Beta is never ever the same speed or game as the day one patch, so anything you play / hear about beta is irrelevant.

    Even the the release EA access version will play differently to the day one patch.
  • RadioShaq
    15401 posts Moderator
    Don't forget those hidden ninja remote ghost patches too. I never really felt them but people say they do those two a day. That means ea has done over 600 speed patches. If true and they do that in 17 imagine how fast it will be after a month or two.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    597 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2016
    VIDEO GAME THEORY - DIFFERENCES IN ARCADE vs SIMULATION DEVELOPMENT

    An example of difficulty in a simulation vs arcade gameplay



    Interesting..............





    What makes a great game simulation are things like...............
    • Complexity of C++ code-base maturity
    • True physics and math application programming .ie projectile and mass body physics + maths
    • Realistic environment using GFX engines like Unreal4 and HQ HD modeling and textures
    • Advanced Dynamic A.i and realistic game concept
    • Single-Player realism functionality
    • Multi-Player realism functionality
    • Improved Controller Bindings+Settings that simulate real player functionality
    • etc so much more that makes better realistic, immersive and simulation game experience

    Game Physics 101 Video Examples










    Some reading links:-


    Not to mention a few years of solid programming and animation, not a 9 month newborn with teething issues.

    Its why I believe gamers have so much knowledge now thanks to the Web producing quick game turn around is not helping the bottom line (Profits).

    Why not develop from a base-code and continually release new builds from that instead of creating new code and features. It would be better to improve and perfect from previous builds. This includes clearing out bugs and glitches log reports so on before release based on previous versions.

    C'mon EA I mean things like this......................



    giphy.gif


    Now to be fair and a sense of balance EA FIFA or SOCCER/FOOTBALL has come along way since the early days............. like this for example..............



    NOW WE HAVE THIS..................




    But ...............

    ongeduld.gif~c200
  • ponnyslakteriet
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    skillmoves will still be as broken as ever, and i guarantee you that the games played at the toplevel will look much like the current ones between the best players.

    gorilla will still be walking through people in f17 repeating patterns to win every single game.

    they really need to add variables to the skillmoves, meaning even if you hit the correct button input there's a chance the player fumbles it. some of the ones currently in are so overpowered that it's unbeliavble. it's basicly a case of you either conceed the goal or conceed the penalty trying to stop them.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    597 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2016
    THIS SAYS IT ALL FOR ME........................

    newzoo-930x523.png

    Gaming is taking over the world.

    Market research firm Newzoo revealed today that it expects the global gaming market to be worth $99.6 billion in 2016. That’s up 8.4 percent when compared to last year. It also expects 2016 to be the first year that mobile overtakes PC and console, with Newzoo expecting that market to make $36.9 billion in 2016, up 21.3 percent from 2015.

    Forty-seven percent of that $99.6 billion will come from Asia, as you can see in the chart below. China is seeing exceptional growth. Mobile in that country will be up 41 percent from 2015 to reach $10 billion. Newzoo notes 58 percent of total gaming growth in the worldwide market in 2016 will come from the Asia-Pacific region.

    “China will remain the largest games market for the foreseeable future, growing to $28.9 billion by 2019,” Newzoo notes.

    *Internet Reference:- http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/21/video-games-will-become-a-99-6b-industry-this-year-as-mobile-overtakes-consoles-and-pcs/

    EA CEO Andrew Wilson Full Keynote Speech At E3 2016




    Head of EA Sports, Andrew Wilson Interview Part 1



    HVAC-Marketing.gif.pagespeed.ce.QNs46FYXR4.gif


    So we....................... s_waiting_8.gif?w=150&h=125
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    skillmoves will still be as broken as ever, and i guarantee you that the games played at the toplevel will look much like the current ones between the best players.

    gorilla will still be walking through people in f17 repeating patterns to win every single game.

    they really need to add variables to the skillmoves, meaning even if you hit the correct button input there's a chance the player fumbles it. some of the ones currently in are so overpowered that it's unbeliavble. it's basicly a case of you either conceed the goal or conceed the penalty trying to stop them.

    This.

    It seems like skill moves give the player some kind of "immunity", just like the dodging mechanic in Max Payne.
    Skill moves should work only when made at the right time and place on the pitch.
  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Turf_Knights2016 you are an infinite source of knowledge.
    I am impressed.
Sign In or Register to comment.