1229 posts Professional
Surprising to see that, the nominees are:
• PES 2017 (Konami)

• NBA 2K17 (2K)

• Steep (Ubisoft)

Comments

• ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Not surprised but having steep in there is for me. Seems limited and not extremely special. But that's just me.
  • Denisianes
    8152 posts League Winner
    Isn't PES always winning the award every year and then when it comes out everyone is disappointed as always? Not surprising at all.
  • Dan_AFC90
    1431 posts Play-Off Hero
    Denisianes wrote: »
    Isn't PES always winning the award every year and then when it comes out everyone is disappointed as always? Not surprising at all.

This. FIFA despite its flaws is always the better gane
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pes animations are still in the PS days plus the visuals are years out of date. They did very well with Camp Nou and the whole exterior thing but the level of detail of the actual gameplay is low.

Watch gameplay of daytime and the grass is all washed out and it looks terrible.

Really wish it gave Fifa more competition though. It's the best thing for all of us.
  • Shadox81
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Seems like another partnership with Liverpool, also lfc legends.

Cant wait for either games, tho a bit more hyped by Pes17, fifa i know what to expect by now , hehe
  • Shadox81
    edited August 2016
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Pes animations are still in the PS days plus the visuals are years out of date. They did very well with Camp Nou and the whole exterior thing but the level of detail of the actual gameplay is low.

Watch gameplay of daytime and the grass is all washed out and it looks terrible.

Really wish it gave Fifa more competition though. It's the best thing for all of us.

Actual player Animations/movement?, or do you mean just graphics wise?

I always played fifa but i find even the pes16 animations/player movement better than on fifa(not counting fifa17), the graphics and how the players look during actual gameplay is where fifa is king.

The player animations/movement/skilling detail i find personally better on pes16.

Much more fluid on pes while still keeping it realistic.

But thats just my oppinion ☺
  • Pwaaaleee
    Shadox81 wrote: »

I always played fifa but i find even the pes16 animations/player movement better than on fifa(not counting fifa17), the graphics and how the players look during actual gameplay is where fifa is king.

The player animations/movement/skilling detail i find personally better on pes16.

Just animations everywhere in Pes seem worse. Still feels a bit robotic to my liking, yet you seem to like it so it's a subjective thing obviously.

It could be down to mo-capping though. They don't even have actual goalkeepers doing mo-caps it's just their staff that do it. Think that's how they do the outfield players as well.

Fifa always has seemed to be better with animation fluidity in my opinion. Both games have faults so I'm not gonna defend Fifa to death.
  • Smudge
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    This is nothing major, PES always wins. It's a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game every year
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up

Just animations everywhere in Pes seem worse. Still feels a bit robotic to my liking, yet you seem to like it so it's a subjective thing obviously.

It could be down to mo-capping though. They don't even have actual goalkeepers doing mo-caps it's just their staff that do it. Think that's how they do the outfield players as well.

Fifa always has seemed to be better with animation fluidity in my opinion. Both games have faults so I'm not gonna defend Fifa to death.

I agree with this. PES always has robotic movements, it's clunky and hideous
  • Pwaaaleee
    That's why Konami are broke. Bribing their way to win titles.
  • KingBarca
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    PES is always the better football sim but it isn't a fun game for most people

Fifa with its unrealistic arcadelike momentum driven garbage is just more fun especially the Ultimate Team.

PES looked better last year cause of the Fox Engine and im kinda curious how good the Frostbyte Engine is going to be in Fifa.
    But if you are outthere searching for realism PES is the way to go but sadly its not fun for more than 5 games.
    This is what EA somehow gets even though its garbage if you are honest to yourself but that garbage is somehow fun.
  • Dan_AFC90 wrote: »

This. FIFA despite its flaws is always the better gane

agreed.
  • Shadox81
    KingBarca wrote: »

Fifa with its unrealistic arcadelike momentum driven garbage is just more fun especially the Ultimate Team.

PES looked better last year cause of the Fox Engine and im kinda curious how good the Frostbyte Engine is going to be in Fifa.
    But if you are outthere searching for realism PES is the way to go but sadly its not fun for more than 5 games.
    This is what EA somehow gets even though its garbage if you are honest to yourself but that garbage is somehow fun.

I could not have said it better ,

I hate fifa alot at times, but i keep playing lol
  • I SiR MartY I
    5839 posts Big Money Move

Yeah, pretty much. They win the awards, brag about it then get outsold by Fifa every year.
  • ACamp1900
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Does this only include games previewed at GC? Kind of limited and automatically excludes MLB The Show, right? That game is incredible.
  • Hallucination
    97 posts Park Captain
    What is the significance of this award? Naming games that aren't even released yet... wonder who does the voting ($$$)
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    Yeah the awards are for the games displayed at gamescom. No idea who votes.
  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2016

Fifa is like that by design. Psychiatrists determined the formula to keep us coming back, and that's what the garbage ensures. We hate it but can't stop playing... it tugs at our competitive macho pride strings etc. It's like an abusive relationship we won't end cuz although we get beaten black and blue we somehow still love our partner, believe their lies that they will stop and enjoy the sex, so we stick around for the next promise of better to come- the carrot on the stick!

PES animations are robotic, I hate that about it. Frostbite seems to have evened the playing field in terms of graphics. My only draw to PES now is my Barca team (aside from the much much lower garbage levels and better playing switching and AI).... seems they would be represented best in PES...but I'm a FIFA guy, I like the FIFA controls and I'm too lazy to learn PES again (to the same levels as FIFA anyway, took years to get this good)...might have to get both though.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    we only keep playing because there is no option better enough to throw the disc where it deserves to be.....in the bin

we all need a football fix
  • Shadox81
    SuPeRz wrote: »

Fifa is like that by design. Psychiatrists determined the formula to keep us coming back, and that's what the garbage ensures. We hate it but can't stop playing... it tugs at our competitive macho pride strings etc. It's like an abusive relationship we won't end cuz although we get beaten black and blue we somehow still love our partner, believe their lies that they will stop and enjoy the sex, so we stick around for the next promise of better to come- the carrot on the stick!

PES animations are robotic, I hate that about it. Frostbite seems to have evened the playing field in terms of graphics. My only draw to PES now is my Barca team (aside from the much much lower garbage levels and better playing switching and AI).... seems they would be represented best in PES...but I'm a FIFA guy, I like the FIFA controls and I'm too lazy to learn PES again (to the same levels as FIFA anyway, took years to get this good)...might have to get both though.

Stop lying to yourself, i played fifa for 18+ years and adnusted to pes16 gameplay and controls within 2 weeks, didt take years.

Yeah just get both games, or get ufc 2 on the side atleast you can knock the f.ck someone out after a bad run on either games lol

I luv ufc2 ut
  • ponnyslakteriet
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just animations everywhere in Pes seem worse. Still feels a bit robotic to my liking

but the way skillmoves in fifa works is fluid? where you put in the button input, and then there is a slight delay until the player on the screen performs said move? to a point where you can clearly see that he's reacting to a controller input (this is supposed to be seamless, it is in most games including fifa in everything but skilling)

• JediMastaWyn
    46 posts Park Captain
    we only keep playing because there is no option better enough to throw the disc where it deserves to be.....in the bin

we all need a football fix

This...

And the license, lets not kid ourselves that having the official kits, team names etc is the biggest draw. I always wonder if both games had official licences and game play was the only comparison, how would this reflect in sales.