So did everyone give up wanting compensation?

Comments

• Pieman25
    15986 posts World Class
    edited September 2016
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    That is inappropriate behaviour on both companies. Having read through this thread last hour It seems some have been given refund while others have been denied. I find that poor practice. It should either be refund for all or all get nothing. Could you tell me which person you have emailed from the Microsoft team please ?

Lots and lots of people said do not ask for a refund yet you still asked for a refund.

What exactly should I have asked for ?

From what I read you just raise your concerns initially but avoid mentioning a refund/compensation.

That is a very strange way of doing things. You should explain your initial concern, than further in detail explain what you like to get out of it. If there is an issue with a product it should be reported than a compensation/refund should be requested. Beating around the bush is just delaying the outcome. I will try your approach once someone provides me an email to contact Microsoft with.

There are so many people contacting and looking to get something out of it from the 1st contact that they'll just put a blanket ignore over all of them.

You have a good point there. I believe we should let our wallets speak from now on and not purchase any further Fifa points in the near future unless some sort of compensation/deal has been reached with either Microsoft or Electronic Arts.

That's exactly what unhappy customers should do, at the very least for themselves if they feel robbed or cheated but also hope enough do it where it makes a noticeable difference to profit.
  • I agree with the sentiment but unfortunately Fifa has almost monopoly over the football simulation game. I can understand why many would rather not take a stand. I however will and have just cancelled my pre-order for Fifa 17. It really is unfortunate as I genuinely enjoy Fifa but I have believed to always stick up for what you believe is right and the right thing is to not further give any money to EA regarding fifa.

I guess I will have a lot of free time on my hands in the near future. Time to start some new hobbies or revive old ones. Many thanks for replies.

If anyone has an email to get in touch Microsoft with please feel free to let me know.
  • Pieman25
    15986 posts World Class
    I agree with the sentiment but unfortunately Fifa has almost monopoly over the football simulation game. I can understand why many would rather not take a stand. I however will and have just cancelled my pre-order for Fifa 17. It really is unfortunate as I genuinely enjoy Fifa but I have believed to always stick up for what you believe is right and the right thing is to not further give any money to EA regarding fifa.

I guess I will have a lot of free time on my hands in the near future. Time to start some new hobbies or revive old ones. Many thanks for replies.

If anyone has an email to get in touch Microsoft with please feel free to let me know.

Fair play to you, go out and see what other games are out there. When I took a break from FIFA earlier in the year for a few months it was great to get off FIFA and play something different for a while.
  • Just spoke to a very mild mannered gentleman on xbox chat and he has raised a case on my behalf.

They are also aware of the issue is bit of a big deal. I just took a screen shot here.

0c5a13bd0e6248d776d9cdbce148c2ee.png
  • celticdragon87
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just spoke to a very mild mannered gentleman on xbox chat and he has raised a case on my behalf.

They are also aware of the issue is bit of a big deal. I just took a screen shot here.

Well thats new, usually its "we can't do anything" blah blah blah :D

I also had my case escalated again as I haven't heard from a senior advocate yet
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Just spoke to a very mild mannered gentleman on xbox chat and he has raised a case on my behalf.

That's further than you've gotten but it'll end up getting stopped if it does go up. Atleast recently, the only people giving "compensation" are the rare first level of customer service. I got mine that way and the few others that have since then, were the same way. I don't remember the last person that was given one by having their case escalated. You just need to get lucky and have someone feel bad for you and give you a "goodwill" gesture. You are NOT getting a refund. Hear that? NOT a refund. The amount of people still asking are hilarious. We've stated multiple times that it's a goodwill gesture. Nothing more nothing less
  • RadioShaq
    14889 posts Moderator
    Looks like barcafan asked for a refund so not sure though as thats the only word he used.
  • '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner
    Anyone have the link for Ea live chat
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    Anyone have the link for Ea live chat

You are better of lodging the complaint with Microsoft.

Slery don't have a direct link for EA chat support, just go on to the EA website and dig deep to find it.

They kind of bury it, no idea why lol.
  • '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner
    Microsoft were a no go.. Dave T wasn't issuing any refunds.
  • Peter69hc
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    Where I have got so far
    EA
    Offered me 2 packs
    Said they cannot offer any refund as they don't have access to Microsoft database.
    Disconnected me 4 times.
    Told me to post in the forum 5 times
    tell me they can't give me compensation due to policy. Then won't tell me what their policy is.
    Tell me only the studio can give compensation.
    Also tell me only Microsoft can

Microsoft
    Tell me it's an ea issue.
    Tell me they have not given any refund or goodwill out for this issue.
    Won't pass me onto anyone higher.
    Tell me I have no proof of anyone getting anything.
    Keep telling me it's an EA issue and speak to them.
    Said they would love to compensate me but are waiting for a statement form EA

Getting sent round in circles. Microsoft are lying to me, abd ea are just their usually selves all giving different answers and disconnecting when they don't want to answer you
  • Peter69hc
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    What was the actual reason they gave for giving you the goodwill gesture?
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Peter69hc wrote: »
    What was the actual reason they gave for giving you the goodwill gesture?

The struggle is real.

Gotta love the effort.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    But seriously I don't think it's an exact formula you can repeat verbatim
  • WoundedGoat
    COACH wrote: »

There is a reason an author of a cookbook can cook the dish better than most.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

There is a reason an author of a cookbook can cook the dish better than most.

Good point
  • Update on the case I have logged. This morning out of boredom I decided to give Microsoft a call. After giving my reference number the first agent said ''sorry we can't provide refund'' he than passed the phone on to his supervisor who was very decent person. He said we don't do refunds but a good will gesture is in place as I have been a long time customer of xbox. They have agreed to credit my account for £689 however at the time on the phone it would not let him add the funds. He re-assured me that monday morning it should be in my account and gave me reference number.

All in all I'm very happy with the outcome but would have preferred full refund but alas this was a good will gesture that im more than willing to take.
  • WoundedGoat
    Update on the case I have logged. This morning out of boredom I decided to give Microsoft a call. After giving my reference number the first agent said ''sorry we can't provide refund'' he than passed the phone on to his supervisor who was very decent person. He said we don't do refunds but a good will gesture is in place as I have been a long time customer of xbox. They have agreed to credit my account for £689 however at the time on the phone it would not let him add the funds. He re-assured me that monday morning it should be in my account and gave me reference number.

All in all I'm very happy with the outcome but would have preferred full refund but alas this was a good will gesture that im more than willing to take.

Congrats, if you can. post proof like others have it will be really helpful.
  • celticdragon87
    Update on the case I have logged. This morning out of boredom I decided to give Microsoft a call. After giving my reference number the first agent said ''sorry we can't provide refund'' he than passed the phone on to his supervisor who was very decent person. He said we don't do refunds but a good will gesture is in place as I have been a long time customer of xbox. They have agreed to credit my account for £689 however at the time on the phone it would not let him add the funds. He re-assured me that monday morning it should be in my account and gave me reference number.

Very nicely done, glad people are getting sorted still
  • thanks still sticking to my gun of not buying Fifa. It is Ms that gave this refund not ea.
  • celticdragon87
    edited September 2016
    thanks still sticking to my gun of not buying Fifa. It is Ms that gave this refund not ea.

11 days later and i still haven't heard from a senior advocate at MS. Been in the live chat several times where its "have patience, your case is being investigated".

I'd ring them but it would cost me a fortune, i live in ireland. the live chat guys are meh as they are all reading off a script
  • roovzy
    802 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2016

Fantastic to see a big refund like that! Did any of the transactions to be refunded go beyond the last 3 months?
  • TheTormentor07
    1109 posts Professional
    Would be interesting if any PC users have tried to get anything back, as EA own origin, I doubt it would be worth bothering with.

I play on PC and have spent a fair bit on FP, but all of my purchases have been from key re-sellers such as g2a and instant-gaming, as they are much cheaper than directly from origin.

I would love to get something back, just don't think I'd get anywhere, might start a case and see where I get.
  • ALIST4R
    Hey guys how's it going
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    ALIST4R wrote: »
    Hey guys how's it going

Great...you?
  • ALIST4R
    Hey guys how's it going

Great...you?

Same old **** Coach, same old. Keeping the thread alive as usual.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Hey guys how's it going

Great...you?

Same old **** Coach, same old. Keeping the thread alive as usual.

Ha. I hear ya man. Yea...EA can't ignore everyone forever...

Even know they will try.
  • Just hilarious.
  • After I watched this one in retrospective I pre-ordered PES.

http://www.pesmaster.com/maradona/pes-2017/player/2453/