So did everyone give up wanting compensation?

Comments

• roovzy
    802 posts An Exciting Prospect
    heavymcd wrote: »
    roovzy wrote: »
    Aussiefifa wrote: »
    I got a full refund of $ onto my credit card.
    Similar dispute to @heavymcd
    Did MS compensate only for FUT 16 or did it include previous FP purchases for example FUT 15 or even 14?

How about for you @heavymcd?

They said specifically they would not go to past FIFAs, only 16 (which was already an exception to policy).

Have to draw the line somewhere.
    Understandable. :)
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something

Back to the CC, though, that's pretty swank.

I'm more than happy with XBL credit personally, I'll probably get it spent before it expires. But a cash refund would have been nicer. :)
    Why not request the same now you know it's a possibility? :wink:

I'm happy with the outcome I got, honestly that's all that matters. EA could have offered me a fraction of that amount, I'd have been happy. Some acknowledgement is all I'm really looking for (and that acknowledgement should include some amount of legit compensation).

As it stands I've very happy with Microsoft, but still quite displeased with EA.
  • roovzy

I'm more than happy with XBL credit personally, I'll probably get it spent before it expires. But a cash refund would have been nicer. :)

I'm happy with the outcome I got, honestly that's all that matters. EA could have offered me a fraction of that amount, I'd have been happy. Some acknowledgement is all I'm really looking for (and that acknowledgement should include some amount of legit compensation).

As it stands I've very happy with Microsoft, but still quite displeased with EA.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm disappointed at the lack of clarification but still hopeful EA will do better.
  • heavymcd
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm disappointed at the lack of clarification but still hopeful EA will do better.

Just thought I'd point out that they still haven't said word one about how chemistry works. 17 is coming in hot.

So I'm...less hopeful.
  • FUT_CPFC
    978 posts Professional
    Also got a full refund, I know a couple of others did too. Alluded to in a couple of posts, helped steer a couple of others in the right direction, no shouting from the rooftops as too many people were on the EA bandwagon, why should they benefit from my weeks of hard work. That said, people asked and I was more than happy to help.
  • KCMB862
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    FUT_CPFC wrote: »
    Also got a full refund, I know a couple of others did too. Alluded to in a couple of posts, helped steer a couple of others in the right direction, no shouting from the rooftops as too many people were on the EA bandwagon, why should they benefit from my weeks of hard work. That said, people asked and I was more than happy to help.

Did you have to provide evidence of buying FP's?
  • FUT_CPFC
    978 posts Professional
    KCMB862 wrote: »

Gave rough dates of first and last purchase, they did all the work in tracing each transaction
  • bollard80
    1037 posts Professional
    Has anyone had success getting anything back on playstation
  • Amargaladaster26
    7167 posts Big Money Move
    Never cared about some refunds.
  • KCMB862
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    KCMB862 wrote: »

Gave rough dates of first and last purchase, they did all the work in tracing each transaction

Okay, Cheers mate
  • ClerryJungle
    980 posts Professional

• FUT_CPFC
    978 posts Professional

I had zero success on getting PlayStation refund. Turns out I don't own aPlayStation :confused:
  • JimmyVulmer
    6135 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2016
    I wanted to wait until it died down since I'm sure their rep's were given talking points and BS to tell callers to shut them up.

I just spent over an hour on the phone with several MS reps and asked to speak with the higher-ups multiple times.

The final person I spoke with (who had zero knowledge of the chem issue and brushed me off from the moment we started speaking) told me that it was an in-game issue and that any compensation must come from EA. I hadn't even mentioned compensation to him as I'd just asked what Microsoft's stance on the issue was and wanted a detailed explanation (which I obviously never got).

Seems the customer gets stuck in the middle and gets no help. Shocker.

Can't imagine the BBB is any use here since EA covered themselves legally and MS aren't technically liable (just comes down to whether or not the MS rep you speak to has the power & will to refund your MS credits).
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    I fought EA as hard as anyone. I actually got 65,000 coins in compensation due to a "commitment" an EA Advisor made to me when the issue first broke. I told them having 2 teams was silly given. So I sold 1 team off and lost 65k in tax. Got the 65k back. Used it to buy squad fitness cards.

As for refunds, FP refunds. I got nowhere with EA and never heard back on my esclations from MS. I'll have to give it a whirl again.
  • JimmyVulmer
    6135 posts Big Money Move
    I don't think it's a stretch to think that if you speak to the right people, you have a chance to get some or all of your microsoft credits/points back.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move

• QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Yes.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    edited August 2016
    Nobody can do anything against corporate giants i spent £500 + on 16 and have been offered 0 compensation.

We are withdrawing our money from EA not buying fifa 17 nor spending money on points ever again.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14127 posts Has That Special Something

Don't understand why MS would refund you when ultimately it's ea who were in the wrong
  • roovzy
    edited August 2016
    racecar101 wrote: »
    Nobody can do anything against corporate giants i spent £500 + on 16 and have been offered 0 compensation.

We are withdrawing our money from EA not buying fifa 17 nor spending money on points ever again.
    It's no secret that #chemgate proved the game was faulty until the recent patch to resolve it.

For months, FUT 16 wasn't as described, wasn't fit for purpose and it wasn't free of minor defects. If you bought FIFA points before EA resolved it, you should be able to successfully persue compensation from your "retailer" (Microsoft)?

I find it difficult to believe MS are blatently denying you your statutary consumer rights.
  • heavymcd

Don't understand why MS would refund you when ultimately it's ea who were in the wrong

That's between MS and EA. Often stores will offer refund or replacement on items for vendor defects, then deal with the vendor afterwards (or just write it off as a cost of business). When my stereo fails and I take it back to Best Buy, they either eat the cost out of profits or deal with Denon on my behalf. Same here.

The main exception to policy being offered is the time period covered. Most stores, including the XBL store, offer some limited period for returns, refunds, or exchanges. Microsoft went above and beyond by going back to September, rather than some more limited 14/30/90 day period.

Why would they do it? Customer service matters. I've spent $500-$600 just in Gold membership fees over the years, plus three consoles (five actually), plus peripherals, plus their cut on all the software. What am I worth as a customer? What's it worth to them to keep me on XB1, rather than seeing me migrate to PS4?

Lastly, don't forget they profited off this too. Im not sure what MS's rake on digital sales are, but 30% isn't unusual in the industry. So by giving store credit, they're really only spending 70 cents on the dollar to begin with. And if you figure they got that same cut out of what I spent last year? And the year prior? They have some incentive to make it right.

At the same time, they don't have to make it easy. If 90% never bother to ask, and 90% of the rest shrug it off when told no initially, that means they're only making exceptions for like 1% of customers.
  • heavymcd
    racecar101 wrote: »

It's no secret that #chemgate proved the game was faulty until the recent patch to resolve it.

For months, FUT 16 wasn't as described, wasn't fit for purpose and it wasn't free of minor defects. If you bought FIFA points before EA resolved it, you should be able to successfully persue compensation from your "retailer" (Microsoft)?

I find it difficult to believe MS are blatently denying you your statutary consumer rights.

I think it's a very good question whether Microsoft or EA have any legal obligation to compensate the customer. Their TOS and EULA say no, but only insofar as the law allows, which will vary between countries (and states in the US).

I wouldn't say anybody is legally entitled to any settlement. I wouldn't say that nobody is.

By offering some reasonable settlement on favorable terms to those sufficiently motivated to pursue it internally, they avoid the costly process of finding out. If the customer is satisfied as well, everyone wins.
  • Giroud9267
    408 posts Sunday League Hero

I've spoken to a person from Microsoft on the phone and they are trying to tell me there is no way I can get a refund, basically that it's not possible for them to do that? Haha
  • heavymcd
    Giroud9267 wrote: »

I've spoken to a person from Microsoft on the phone and they are trying to tell me there is no way I can get a refund, basically that it's not possible for them to do that? Haha

And at their level, that may be true. It almost certainly is, really.

The key is to get to the person that can do it. They may still decide not to, but never accept a "no" from somebody who was never authorized to say "yes." Insist on escalating until you reach a person that is making a decision rather than bound by policy.

You can also always just write the CEO. Of course that mean being able to craft a letter appropriate in tone and persuasiveness for whoever winds up reading it (it'll likely get punted downward, but the CEO is still your audience). Put somebody from PR or a senior VP on copy. If you can't do so properly, I don't recommend it, you probably have worse odds at any positive outcome than by working upward. But you can work downward this way as well.

Helpful advice, read it then read it again:
    http://lifehacker.com/5673311/how-to-write-concise-effective-complaints-when-companies-****-you-off
    http://www.ceoemail.com/hints.php

Whether you are working up from the bottom or down from the top, the words of the day are concise, polite, and specific.

None of this is wizardry. It's merely a matter of knowing which companies have the ability and incentive to address your issue, then working the system to get to the person in that org that can do it.
  • roovzy

You don't have to go to manufacturer when you find fault with something you purchased a retailer for example from Tesco, Amazon, or a digital purchase from Microsoft.

An Xbox One controller I bought from Amazon about 6 months ago developed a fault. The Amazon support representative said he was making an "exception" when he offered brand new replacement free of charge. Amazon's website has no information about these so called exceptions. I knew how to deal with Amazon otherwise they would have successfully fobbed me of to the manufacturer.
  • heavymcd
    Pro-tip: don't call the CEO "fam."
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move

You don't have to go to manufacturer when you find fault with something you purchased a retailer for example from Tesco, Amazon, or a digital purchase from Microsoft.

Correct.

Most people, like me, ASSUMED EA would do something to compensate. There was barely an acknowledgement. Still no explanations. In fact, my experience in dealing with EA regarding this matter is the worst customer service experience of my life. It’s one thing to not offer compensation, it’s another to treat your customers like **** when they ask questions.
  • heavymcd

An Xbox One controller I bought from Amazon about 6 months ago developed a fault. The Amazon support representative said he was making an "exception" when he offered brand new replacement free of charge. Amazon's website has no information about these so called exceptions. I knew how to deal with Amazon otherwise they would have successfully fobbed me of to the manufacturer.

Yup. Understand that at any point if they don't like your tone they can easily tell you to pound sand or hire a lawyer. True of any organization.

At which point you've wasted your time as well as theirs.
  • heavymcd

Correct.

Most people, like me, ASSUMED EA would do something to compensate. There was barely an acknowledgement. Still no explanations. In fact, my experience in dealing with EA regarding this matter is the worst customer service experience of my life. It’s one thing to not offer compensation, it’s another to treat your customers like **** when they ask questions.

We seen any info on chemistry yet, as Rob said we would? Beta is coming in hot, and release isn't far off.

EA has been a complete ****, top to bottom.
  • Giroud9267
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    Giroud9267 wrote: »

And at their level, that may be true. It almost certainly is, really.

The key is to get to the person that can do it. They may still decide not to, but never accept a "no" from somebody who was never authorized to say "yes." Insist on escalating until you reach a person that is making a decision rather than bound by policy.

You can also always just write the CEO. Of course that mean being able to craft a letter appropriate in tone and persuasiveness for whoever winds up reading it (it'll likely get punted downward, but the CEO is still your audience). Put somebody from PR or a senior VP on copy. If you can't do so properly, I don't recommend it, you probably have worse odds at any positive outcome than by working upward. But you can work downward this way as well.

Helpful advice, read it then read it again:
    http://lifehacker.com/5673311/how-to-write-concise-effective-complaints-when-companies-****-you-off
    http://www.ceoemail.com/hints.php

Whether you are working up from the bottom or down from the top, the words of the day are concise, polite, and specific.

None of this is wizardry. It's merely a matter of knowing which companies have the ability and incentive to address your issue, then working the system to get to the person in that org that can do it.

I appreciate your response, I'll be sure to have a read through that before ringing again tomorrow. Cheers mate!