Generic Stadia discussion.

MikeM
488 posts Sunday League Hero
As the "stadium" thread is mostly about "real" stadia and improvements, additions and inaccuracies etc, I think it might be an idea to have a spin off one for the generics.

So I'll start by suggesting what type of generic stadia we're "missing" in FIFA16 and what I'd like to see in FIFA17.

1: A 20000-30000 "British" style stadium with a curved roof line (I'm thinking about Macron Stadium, and the John Smiths Stadium, but also this is a popular shape for "new" stadia all around the world. Sanderson Park is simply too big.

2: Gold Lake Stadium from the World Cup game. Perfect for MLS and A-League sides (architecturally)

3: Bring back "Estadio Chamartin" that was used when they didn't have rights for Bernabeau. There are many latin clubs that would suit this stadium (it was about the same tier layout as Bernabeu, but without a roof) Would also like to see a "Barcelona" version of this now as well.

4: A generic stadium based on the Emirates, again this style would be excellent as a lot of new stadia share this general look (Jose Alvalade, Estadio La Luz etc)

5: Customisation of the generic stadiums. Give us the option to choose elements like the crowd fencing, or the catch netting behind the goals. Could the "automatic" customisation (where the club's badge appears on the pitch and stands, be extended to seat and hoarding colour too? (To be fair, this looks like it might have happened)

Comments

• IbraMU9
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Great idea, not quite surely why generic stadiums from past games havent been at least ported in to Fifa?
  • MikeM
    IbraMU9 wrote: »
    Great idea, not quite surely why generic stadiums from past games havent been at least ported in to Fifa?

That's what stunned me about the World Cup stadia (generics), it was built on the exact same platform as FIFA15. I can't believe that disk space is a consideration any more, so other than legal issues I can't see why. To be fair Gold Lake was pretty much identical to Philadelphia's PPL Park, it even had the bridge in the background.
  • IbraMU9
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MikeM wrote: »
    IbraMU9 wrote: »

That's what stunned me about the World Cup stadia (generics), it was built on the exact same platform as FIFA15. I can't believe that disk space is a consideration any more, so other than legal issues I can't see why. To be fair Gold Lake was pretty much identical to Philadelphia's PPL Park, it even had the bridge in the background.

I wonder if devs know about this? @Rob
  • MikeM
    edited August 2016
    Gold Lake Stadium

FIFA%20WC%202014%20Gold%20lake%20Stadium_zpsmgsihfop.png
  • PedroMarcosFR
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2016
    The most important thing for the generic stadiums is to give them animated adboards. Really irritates me because for example in The Netherlands it is mandatory.
  • MikeM
    The most important thing for the generic stadiums is to give them animated adboards. Really irritates me because for example in The Netherlands it is mandatory.

I agree with that, maybe even have it as an option? I think most top leagues around the world have LED adboards now.
  • MikeM
    Lack of news is concerning.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2254 posts Fans' Favourite
    MikeM wrote: »
    Gold Lake Stadium

FIFA%20WC%202014%20Gold%20lake%20Stadium_zpsmgsihfop.png

Really nice stadium this
  • Ajaxamsterdam
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love this.
  • Boeruh
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It would add more realism to have some options for customizing. I play with PSV a lot, and I'm quite happy with the Waldstadion as their generic, it looks a lot like the Philips Stadium. However, all the seats in every generic stadium are grey. If I had an option to change seat colours to red, the Waldstadion would look similar enough.
  • Supercorner24
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Boeruh wrote: »
    It would add more realism to have some options for customizing. I play with PSV a lot, and I'm quite happy with the Waldstadion as their generic, it looks a lot like the Philips Stadium. However, all the seats in every generic stadium are grey. If I had an option to change seat colours to red, the Waldstadion would look similar enough.

If EA give the game more attention then are the Philips stadium in but EA are a lazy company and how mutch leagues give we now the last three years? And how mutch new stadiums except the English? if EA does what it needs then get we all of the top leagues and what thinking of stadium Maracana or estadio da luz where are they? Then can i one thing say EA are lazy.
  • MikeM
    Love this.

Made by EASports, no less. I wouldn't say something as in depth as this for FIFA, but surely a stripped down version wouldn't be too difficult to implement?

I want to play FIFAManager 13 now, just to mess about with this mode!!
  • MikeM