Make every goalkeeper play to same level regardless of rating/stats

ManU4Life
142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited August 2016
Goalkeepers decide every single game. There is no consistency as to how they play, I've used nif viv and he's outperformed De gea etc. They decide games and they must be changed to give a fair game

Comments

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    The title is total BS
  • ManU4Life
    Advait wrote: »
    The title is total BS

Pissed, just lost a final opponents gk got motm.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    MAKE EVERY GOALKEEPER PLAY TO SAME LEVEL REGARDLESS OF RATING/STATS

They already do though? They're all as abysmal as each other.
  • Double_D
    463 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't want to give the devs a free pass on anything, but think about how you would program keepers. Should TOTY Neuer literally stop everything like his stats suggest? That would break the game completely. Should a bronze GK not be able to stop a single shot ever?

I'm not suggesting the system is broken right now or that I even like the state that it is in, but this is something I've thought about from a programming aspect and every time I do I can't think of a reasonable solution.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Orikoru wrote: »

I think what he's trying (and doing a bad job at it) to say is that there shouldn't be a situation where one GK get 9.9 with 20 saves and the other gets a 6 and let every shot goes in.

• Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Rumplefish wrote: »

I think what he's trying (and doing a bad job at it) to say is that there shouldn't be a situation where one GK get 9.9 with 20 saves and the other gets a 6 and let every shot goes in.

Especially when you're both using the exact same keeper!... I've had that and it really does fell like a middle finger being thrust my way!
  • ManU4Life

Yes this is what I mean, the worst part is the lower rated gk can often be the one to get the 9.9
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain

But not all shots facing the keeper are the same as well as the quality of the players shooting ability or long shot ability.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

But not all shots facing the keeper are the same as well as the quality of the players shooting ability or long shot ability.

I don't know about you but it seems the game decides how my players shoot at any given time. TOTS Jonas, TOTS Vardy, TOTS Neymar etc. sometimes are Godly. At other times they just shoot it tamely into the keeper's arms. Random stuff going on.

I agree about the keeper situation. For something controlled by the AI keepers should be consistent to their stats. If that means TOTY Neuer only lets in a goal every 10th match then EA need to sort the ratings out but they need to perform consistently otherwise people think the game is fixed.
  • Cresswell_86
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    reminiscing here, but why cant we just have manual keepers like in the old PES glory days? it would be such a game changer!!!
  • Cresswell_86
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    making a worldie save with your keeper was just as rewarding as scoring a great goal for me.. plus, it'd be a way of stopping us having to leave the save to fifa's pathetic AI
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    reminiscing here, but why cant we just have manual keepers like in the old PES glory days? it would be such a game changer!!!

Mate, I concede enough goals as it is without having to do that. I don't want to be requiring 7 goals just to win a game. :expressionless:
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up

Especially when you're both using the exact same keeper!... I've had that and it really does fell like a middle finger being thrust my way!

I know, that would never happen in real life!
  • Angy
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2016
    Double_D wrote: »
    I don't want to give the devs a free pass on anything, but think about how you would program keepers. Should TOTY Neuer literally stop everything like his stats suggest? That would break the game completely. Should a bronze GK not be able to stop a single shot ever?

I'm not suggesting the system is broken right now or that I even like the state that it is in, but this is something I've thought about from a programming aspect and every time I do I can't think of a reasonable solution.

I agree totally....however all we want is they should be balanced. They shouldn't be crappy for one game and then become super beings in the other. There should be a level of consistency in how they perform.
  • Angy
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    stevvix wrote: »

I don't know about you but it seems the game decides how my players shoot at any given time. TOTS Jonas, TOTS Vardy, TOTS Neymar etc. sometimes are Godly. At other times they just shoot it tamely into the keeper's arms. Random stuff going on..

It's actually not random and a lot of factors come into play when you are shooting....eg how balanced the player is, is he under pressure from a defender, shooting stats etc. I have never found them shooting differently when the same variables are in play. Shooting is absolutely fine. Keeper need to be tuned to be consistent....that's it. And Yeh. ...do something about the long shots!!! They areally fun....but unrealistic and unfair tbh.