The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Owen or Lineker? Updated

Otis
3479 posts National Call-Up
edited April 2015
Edit - so I went for Owen as one popped up at the min. He's been brilliant so far and then this happened

9uu6w3.jpg

Some poor soul got torn apart by Owen. The worst thing was I wasn't even abusing pace
Post edited by Otis on

Comments

• Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner
    Fowler + Lineker instead imo
  • eseska79
    1064 posts Professional
    Otis wrote: »
    Has anyone got any experience with either or better yet both of them. They will be partnered with Teddy with SIF Rooney behind them.
    I'm leaning towards Lineker as he suits my playstyle more, but I'm open to opinions to change my mind

Unfortunately Owen. Statewise Lineker looks good but plays really bad...
  • Otis
    I'm going to get to Fowler at some stage, but as a United fan I couldn't pick him over Teddy without at least trying Teddy
  • Campino
    27878 posts Player of the Year
    Lineker!!

Amazing player
  • Otis
    eseska79 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any experience with either or better yet both of them. They will be partnered with Teddy with SIF Rooney behind them.
    I'm leaning towards Lineker as he suits my playstyle more, but I'm open to opinions to change my mind

Unfortunately Owen. Statewise Lineker looks good but plays really bad...

I was afraid that would be the case. I used Owen last year and he was really good but to use him effectively he had to be used rather 'sweatily'
  • eseska79
    1064 posts Professional
    I'm going to get to Fowler at some stage, but as a United fan I couldn't pick him over Teddy without at least trying Teddy

Teddy/Fowler was my first legend duo this year, before going for Vieri/Inzaghi (and then GOD Van Basten). I had tons of fun with them together!
  • Otis
    Campino wrote: »
    Lineker!!

Amazing player

One more Lineker vote and I'll just buy him back (he sold before I got to use him)
  • Jonny
    6331 posts Big Money Move
    Kluivert
  • Otis
    Jonny wrote: »
    Kluivert

Already in my main team, easily my favourite striker
  • Jonny
    Kluivert

Already in my main team, easily my favourite striker

Oh, right. Just wanted to spread the word. :p

• Otis

Teddy/Fowler was my first legend duo this year, before going for Vieri/Inzaghi (and then GOD Van Basten). I had tons of fun with them together!

Vieri/Inzaghi was my 2nd choice but I decided to go for a full English team.
    I love Vieri was unsure on Inzaghi though
  • Jonny
    I've used both and I preferred owen. Lineker seemed a bit clunky with his dribbling, never really saw anything special in him.

Owen has a great burst of pace (obviously) finished everything in the box, and considering his size was surprisingly good in the air.
  • eseska79
    1064 posts Professional

Inzaghi is MUCH BETTER than last year. Game mechanic suits him well this year. I had a blast with him at a time where teams where still "normal".
  • Otis
    I've used both and I preferred owen. Lineker seemed a bit clunky with his dribbling, never really saw anything special in him.

Owen has a great burst of pace (obviously) finished everything in the box, and considering his size was surprisingly good in the air.

I guess I'll just see which one I can pick up for the min or close to the min 1st. Things are selling now so I shouldn't be stuck with either if I dislike them
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    I had both. Lineker was better for me. You need to use him to his strengths though to get the best out of him. Inside the box service basically.
  • Otis

Inzaghi is MUCH BETTER than last year. Game mechanic suits him well this year. I had a blast with him at a time where teams where still "normal".

If/when I get bored of the front 2 I choose I might try him and Vieri out then :)
  • Otis
    Updated :smile: and cheers for the advice boys
  • I EvO I
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    Owen is 100x better than Lineker. Good choice.
  • Otis
    I EvO I wrote: »
    Owen is 100x better than Lineker. Good choice.

I've still got to try Lineker at some stage though
  • VICTAAAA
    11021 posts Has That Special Something
    i see you made you decision and had owen destroy some poor guy, lol. i've player with both of them: along side one another and individually as lone strikers. so here's a comparison between the two.

Lineker, is a straight up target man and straight line runner. he'll always in the right spot at the right time to finish anything and everything. he doesn't have long shots, he doesn't win every header, his left foot is mediocre but when him and owen are on the same squad he always shined brighter. he was mr. dependable for me; somehow he'll get on the end of a 88 minute cross, or miraculously put in a shot from 20 yards. owen is fantastic on his own and scores loads for me but lineker is definitely worth a try.