How do you use high rated players and informs?

Silky_Seward
442 posts Sunday League Hero
For the life of me, I can't seem to use any thing too high rated, or even low rated IF's.

About 84 NIF is my limit.

Is there a skill to using these players?

Comments

• Mike_Lowrey
    1362 posts Play-Off Hero
    You're probably forcing the play through them too much, expecting them to dribble past the whole defence, score from 40 yards or play through balls from your own half. Also when you have a team full of special cards it seems to bring the try-hard out of your opponent. Very annoying.
  • Zebbe
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    You're probably forcing the play through them too much, expecting them to dribble past the whole defence, score from 40 yards or play through balls from your own half. Also when you have a team full of special cards it seems to bring the try-hard out of your opponent. Very annoying.

Pretty much this.
  • COACH
    20547 posts Club Captain
    You put them in a squad and you start a game.
  • Silky_Seward
    edited August 2016
    COACH wrote: »

He he. I see what you did there.

Thanks all for the comments so far.

I am honestly playing my usual game. I added Boateng and things.went.down hill. I sold him and it went.back.to normal.

Go figure. Lol
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FYR, my Day 1 bundesliga squad plays much better than my 94 rated squad. Please don't waste coins to buy those cards in coming FUT17 thanks.
  • Higher rated cards will match you with better FIFA players, keep your overall rating down if possible
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    Higher rated cards will match you with better FIFA players, keep your overall rating down if possible

Not true
  • Silky_Seward
    Higher rated cards will match you with better FIFA players, keep your overall rating down if possible

Not true

Please explain.
  • Higher rated cards will match you with better FIFA players, keep your overall rating down if possible

Not true

How comes I play better using a lower rated team? I'm just an average player and when I use the top players I crumble
  • Hasmust
    379 posts Sunday League Hero

Not true

How comes I play better using a lower rated team? I'm just an average player and when I use the top players I crumble

It is because you place too much pressure on yourself to win when you have a higher rated squad. You think just because you have a higher rated team you're expected to win and you are not as risky and free flowing as with a lower rated one. I think higher rated squads are fun, ESPECIALLY tots are game changers. but you can't expect to suddenly win everything. the moments of magic will be there but it's still the same player playing. adding to that the inconsistencies and glitches of this absolutely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game at times it may seem higher rated players are not effective.

i personally think tots players make a huge difference, but sometimes ill play better with lower rated squads because i am more free flowing. any who, i would honestly keep two accounts(or squads, depending on whether if you care about your record or not). one for higher rated squads and one for the chilled out laid back lower rated.
  • Hasmust
    I've won around 9 D1s now and 6 of them have been with higher rated squads. I have won 6 since May and I think it is because for the first 9 months I never played with higher rated squads. i was never into it. i always wanted to try with lower rated ones. I think for the first 9 months I had like 20 87+ rated players with barely five appearances :p I also for some reason kept changing the squads. But when TOTS came out i was really into it. since it's my first year of FUT, seeing a 93 or 95 on a player made me go "wooaahhh"
  • Hasmust
    edited August 2016
    yeah man but the key is to play your natural game and not expect your higher rated cards to do much. be free flowing and risky and DON'T expect to win all of a sudden just because you have higher rated cards. the more you relax, the more you will see how much better higher rated cards are. its the small things, like the extra pace in crucial positions, the ease of dribble, or positioning. but it won't be a colossal difference or anything.

and this is why I think two accounts, one for higher rated and one for lower rated is a good idea. unless you couldnt care less :D
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    COACH wrote: »

• nextqprmanager
    3665 posts National Call-Up
    you play relaxed as normal - ignore the pretty pictures on cards
  • MikeyP_FC
    14666 posts Has That Special Something
    @Hasmust and others have basically made all the points.

It just takes time to adjust. Both to the increased level of concentration your opponent uses when they see your stacked squad and also to you getting used to not trying to dribble the whole team with your expensive player.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    edited August 2016

This Precicely.
  • Silky_Seward
    All good comments. Thank you all for your input.