Self Relegation - My Story...

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
Just finished relegating myself down to div 10... Started having played no matches in Div 5 after being legitimately relegated from 4 last night.. Yeah I'm crap!

It took me about 90 minutes to go from 5 to 10..

I met approximately 12 other self relegators on the way down...

If I suspected my opponent was going to quit I quit at the loading screen because I didn't want any points as it would just mean having to do an extra match...

I still acquired a total of 9 points!!

I came across 3 Div 1 winners kits in Div 6, 8 and 9!

I came across 5 teams with pink Reus in divs 6, 7, 7, 8 and 9!

I scored an own goal in every match I felt it was possible to do so in before quitting... With the exception of -
If they tried running straight at goal from kick off.
If they started passing around the back 4.
One guy decided to just shield the ball in the centre circle.
Team Beast!

I recieved 1 message saying Thank you...

I don't recieve any hate messages..

I had one guy in Div 8 with pink Reus and pink Auba come on the mic and in broken English said 'if you're going to quit please score an own goal.' . I did... He said 'Hank You.'

All those crap players from free packs came in handy!

But ultimately, seasons is a complete mess at the moment!!

Comments

• nextqprmanager
    3366 posts National Call-Up
    wow working your way back to Div 4?
    ps what free packs?
  • Baznotsobad76
    I'm gonna play gold cup only for a few weeks, until. The div 1 players are back near div 1...

Free packs from logging into the companion app...
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great input @Baznotsobad76
  • But why you do that? Just for double coins? If so how much you got ?
  • collie_96
    1305 posts Professional
    I'd rather keep my great record, f**k the self relegates in my opinion
  • lame
  • uryflqk
    1232 posts Professional
    And how come ppl suddenly decided to grind coins like this...something is wrong. And why the hell to they score own goals and then quit .. hmm strange.
  • Scottish21
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    I haven't met any guys like this yet. Only guy who quit on me was 3 mins into the game when I scored but that was in that fut tie tourney.

How many coins did you going from div 5-10?
  • Baznotsobad76
    To be honest it wasn't about the coins at all.... It was more a final act of petulance to retaliate against this mess of a game... And everyone else is doing it so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon...

I don't care about my record.. It already sucked...

Recently I've been jumping back at forth between divs 4 and 3.... I've won promotion from div 4 undefeated several times and held div 3 a few times but that seems to be my level...

Without any lag I might manage to get to div one but I'd never win it.. 90% of my matches have input lag!!

However, in my last season in Div 4 I had 3 players quit on me without scoring, which just voided the game like it didn't exist for me.... And between a mixture of lag and playing obviously very good players I got relegated with a record of 1-1-7..... Most of those players were div 1 players who had relegated themselves and we're on their way back up, as I proved with relegating myself, there are div one players in divs 8 and 9!!
  • Baznotsobad76
    For me seasons is over now... With the lag and the BS involved in every season, now there's also the 'suprise' element of playing a div 1 winner in Div 4 when you desperately need 3 points...
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2016
    From D4 to D10 90 minutes... Hmm, I am going to do this today. I literally play only the friendlies nowadays so might just grind out those extra coins to finish my Chelsea collection. When does the double offers end?
  • nextqprmanager
    3366 posts National Call-Up
    mHazard wrote: »
    From D4 to D10 90 minutes... Hmm, I am going to do this today. I literally play only the friendlies nowadays so might just grind out those extra coins to finish my Chelsea collection. When does the double offers end?

Fri I think
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    I can get relegated plenty of times without doing it on purpose thanks very much! :lol:
  • Baznotsobad76
    But why you do that? Just for double coins? If so how much you got ?

Oh, good question...

I got roughly 25k coins... Not many at all for the time spent... But it wasn't about the coins...
  • Cantona84
    7542 posts League Winner

Oh, good question...

I got roughly 25k coins... Not many at all for the time spent... But it wasn't about the coins...

Think I got pretty much the same amount from winning 2. div. So why relegate on purpose?
  • RadioShaq
    15849 posts Moderator
    Cantona84 wrote: »

Oh, good question...

Think I got pretty much the same amount from winning 2. div. So why relegate on purpose?

Yeah if you just want coins you are better off dropping one division or staying in the same division. The only reason people drop back to 10 is to get easy games with the bonus of getting some coins.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Oh, good question...

Yeah if you just want coins you are better off dropping one division or staying in the same division. The only reason people drop back to 10 is to get easy games with the bonus of getting some coins.

If I dropped down to division 10 I just know it would backfire. I'd probably fail to even get promoted because I'd be matched against all the other high division players who've also dropped down. I think I had a better idea by avoiding seasons for over a week, then resuming my division 2 campaign against people who actually want to be there. Barely held division last night by winning my final game in the 90th minute - but got 14600 coins for doing so. Seems pretty good to me.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something

Oh, good question...

mHazard wrote: »
  • RadioShaq
    15849 posts Moderator
    Yeah its definitely going to blow up in our faces. I know there has been a million threads asking for ea to do something about it but really what can they do with quitters? You will just have people putting controllers down and using drinking birds or worse to avoid afk detection.