Can we please make this game exclusive to people with decent or better internet?

Bram
9390 posts League Winner
I'm pretty fed up with continiously being the victim of someone downloading 40 movies at the same time or people not paying their bills at all. Especially input lag, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ input lag.

Comments

• Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Games vs opponents with horrible internet literally ruin the experience. Matchmaking has always been the most broken part of Fifa
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    I think people internet is the least part of the problem. I've had people msg me and say "get better internet" I'm on fibre with a 68mb upload and 20mb download. I think that's sufficient 5 times over what is required for a video game like Fifa.

But what I notice all the time is how often I play foreign people. I live in the UK, surely the UK has enough Fifa players? I seem to constantly get matched up against someone from the continent. I know cos of their names and they often have their mic's on and I can hear them speaking Spanish and French.

I would like to see a matchmaking option to only match you against people in your own country, maybe this would improve things. I can't see how matching me against someone thousands of miles away is better than matching me against someone less than 200 miles away.
  • AliLartersFarter
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gromit wrote: »
    I think people internet is the least part of the problem. I've had people msg me and say "get better internet" I'm on fibre with a 68mb upload and 20mb download. I think that's sufficient 5 times over what is required for a video game like Fifa.

But what I notice all the time is how often I play foreign people. I live in the UK, surely the UK has enough Fifa players? I seem to constantly get matched up against someone from the continent. I know cos of their names and they often have their mic's on and I can hear them speaking Spanish and French.

I would like to see a matchmaking option to only match you against people in your own country, maybe this would improve things. I can't see how matching me against someone thousands of miles away is better than matching me against someone less than 200 miles away.

The ironic thing is, most of the laggy games I play in are against other people based in the UK.
  • NornIron
    14832 posts World Class
    Yeah for some reason the only lag free matches i play are against Americans.
  • Keepthechange
    1667 posts Play-Off Hero
    They should do what PES does, if the game is too laggy then the match is voided and none of the players lose anything.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    edited August 2016
    It's mainly ignorance you can have 1gb down 1gb upload but if your line jitter is running above a few milisecond or less there are going to be problems.A guy I argued with on here thinks 22ms jitter is fine he uses wireless.Facepalm, some people think their connection is the best connection ever and don't even test to see if they are running at high jitter or have packetloss going on.

The biggest issue though is as pointed out no own country only filter and built in wireless on both consoles, using wireless can add line jitter.
  • Nobility-
    857 posts Semi-Pro
    Exclusive? no. Better matchmaking? Absolutely needs to happen.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    edited August 2016
    Also I'd add lots of the community are pretty scummy and deliberately lag their games because a lot of people will just leave and take the loss than play in such lag.

They need to add ping numbers we can see and an own country only filter neither of which they will do.And even then people will just start the lag when it suits them anyway.
  • CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2016
    As mentioned, better matchmaking needs to happen. Having a dig at people who aren't in the best financial situation is a bit harsh though imo.
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    They should do what PES does, if the game is too laggy then the match is voided and none of the players lose anything.

My only problem with this is a few games I played and went 2-3 up with a perfect connection. Then the opponent deliberately makes it lag and the game goes void. It's a bit of a scummy move.

They should just create an option where both players can vote to void the game if it really is unbearable.

People will create their own lag unfortunately.
  • CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    Aspral wrote: »

My only problem with this is a few games I played and went 2-3 up with a perfect connection. Then the opponent deliberately makes it lag and the game goes void. It's a bit of a scummy move.

They should just create an option where both players can vote to void the game if it really is unbearable.

People will create their own lag unfortunately.

That doesn't happen nearly as much as you think it does.
  • NornIron
    14832 posts World Class
    52mb 10mb would love to hear from EA why i have one sided sluggish lag every match.
    9dcc407ad0f82f4341ffb0739d5c1705.png
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    NornIron wrote: »
    52mb 10mb would love to hear from EA why i have one sided sluggish lag every match.

To be fair, 20 ping is pushing it when it comes to lag/delay. 1-20 is ideal, but you're right on the line
  • NornIron
    14832 posts World Class
    Fletch wrote: »

To be fair, 20 ping is pushing it when it comes to lag/delay. 1-20 is ideal, but you're right on the line

Yeah that ping is from N.Ireland to a server near London. So that would cover most of the UK and Ireland yet i cant get a lag free match :)
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Fletch wrote: »

Yeah that ping is from N.Ireland to a server near London. So that would cover most of the UK and Ireland yet i cant get a lag free match :)

Not sure then man. I see so many people on here complain but personally I rarely get any lag or delay. I posted this on another thread yesterday
    I rarely get lag or delay man. Even before I recently upgraded to fibre Internet and to a 27" gaming monitor (previously had ~7mb down/.3mb up Internet with roughly 20 ping and played on a 55" UHD TV in gaming mode) I must say though, playing on a gaming monitor is so much better than a TV

I live towards the Eastern Coast of Australia (near Brisbane) and get no lag against others from Perth which is on the West Coast and over 4000km away.

Have you ever tried a new modem/router? I've had to update to a good one in the past as the stock one my ISP gave me was crap

• Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    I design and support networks for a living. it's almost never the ISP. Think EA servers. Sometimes wifi interference also. Play cabled when you can. Use a power line system if cabled isn't feasible for you. You'll be able to tell from other games if it's your ISP but usually it isn't
  • nextqprmanager
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    Tof33z wrote: »
    I design and support networks for a living. it's almost never the ISP. Think EA servers. Sometimes wifi interference also. Play cabled when you can. Use a power line system if cabled isn't feasible for you. You'll be able to tell from other games if it's your ISP but usually it isn't

Agreed, my Son plays Battlefront , Overwatch etc - all good
    the only s**t happens is Fifa
    ps mid way thro game is aaarrrrggghhh
    last night after 5 mins it was stutter terrible, I was goin to back out, then he long shots with my whole team not moving !!
    but later game was good, win 3-0, hhmm
  • leon1309
    4218 posts National Call-Up
    Changed qite a few ISPs, changed quite a few modems, have it all the set up acordingly to recomendations....and jet the only damn game that i get this sort of input lag (or such lag in general) is fifa. I am on 200/100 fiber right now and it is still all the same (actualy I have a feeling it is a lot worse then it was when i was on 4/1 cable). The thing is, in most of my games the lag is limited to my side, for some reason.

I just cant not belive, no matter what some people here are continously pushing, that it is on our end (end not EAs).