Fifa 16 Good V Fifa 16 Evil

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
Judging by the comments and replies in here, there seems to be two different versions of Fifa 16 this year...

There's Fifa 16 Good, where the game works really well, you've mastered all the commands you need, you win more matches than you lose, you're in the top two divisions, the game seems quite easy to you and you rarely have reason to be annoyed at the game... :innocent:

Then there's Fifa 16 Evil, where almost every game is filled with lag, your button commands are either delayed or do nothing at all... Your passes go astray, your shots are rarely git with the correct power, skill moves are impossible do execute, your opponents high pressure and slide tackles are practically impossible to play against, you regularly have strange in game occurrences work against you, and you get annoyed at the game nearly every time you play it! :naughty:

So, which version of Fifa 16 do you own?... Good or Evil?

Comments

• AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    there are great players, good players and bad players. it's not a good or evil game so stop blaming the game.
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    AntoineFR wrote: »
    there are great players, good players and bad players. it's not a good or evil game so stop blaming the game.
    I guess you fall into the good category, I hate comments like this.

If you have ever experienced the "evil" version that the OP is talking about you wouldn't be making comments like that.

I know when I'm playing someone way better than me, like I also know when I'm playing against someone crap. There are times when this game makes it almost impossible to play for me, input delay, passes going everywhere, players running like the are stuck in mud.

It's all caused by lag imho. If you never experience it then lucky you but just because you aren't getting it doesnt mean that anyone who complains about about just needs to git gud or its all in their head.

Honestly, I'd love for the people that never experience it to just try and play on my connection for 1 night to see just how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this game can be.
  • Cresswell_86
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Jeez, this guy just cant help himself can he.. people like him that will keep this broken game the way is is for many years to come
  • Baznotsobad76

Jeez, this guy just cant help himself can he.. people like him that will keep this broken game the way is is for many years to come

The thing is that these super Fifa players don't even realise that most of their matches ore against people with the evil version of the game... It's like bragging about winning a boxing match against someone with only one eye and an arm tied behind their back....

Hey one armed cyclops.... Git gud!
  • JPRM71
    2873 posts National Call-Up

The thing is that these super Fifa players don't even realise that most of their matches ore against people with the evil version of the game... It's like bragging about winning a boxing match against someone with only one eye and an arm tied behind their back....

Hey one armed cyclops.... Git gud!

Evil for me I'm afraid
    Oh and yes @AntoineFR is a tool
  • Mini_Miudo
    9987 posts Has That Special Something
    I lag sometimes, but when that happens, the game doesn't become different... the connection does, and the game freezes, the input's delayed, etc. but you can't blame that on the game (although sometimes the servers are at fault but if you just go into 3bar games then you shouldn't lag unless your internet/your opponent's goes ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in the middle of the game).

So yeah, I agree with @AntoineFR that there's no good/evil versions, just sometimes connection issues can ruin the game, but it ruins it for both parties, not just you. Other than that, it comes down to player skill.
  • Ishibum
    14137 posts Has That Special Something
    Good players can overcome a lot of the games problems, and exploit them to their benefit. That's neither a good or a bad thing, but helps explain the differences of opinion that arise regarding whether or not the game is broken.

As for me, I have moments where the going is good, and moments where it isn't. I do feel that the vision for the game now is a lot less ambitious than what it was at the start. The first couple of months were a breath of fresh air for those who don't like pace. Now, it is the complete opposite.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9987 posts Has That Special Something
    Ishibum wrote: »
    The first couple of months were a breath of fresh air for those who don't like pace. Now, it is the complete opposite.

Lol no. The pace is fine in this game. If you think it's bad, just go back to FIFA15... I played a mate on it a couple days ago and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me, over the tops from defense to attack for Aubameyang to run onto all game long wasn't fun at all. :joy:
  • RadioShaq
    15879 posts Moderator
    I don't see why you call people names just because they have a good connection. Thats whats wrong with this community at times.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    After promotion, my game is evil in the next season. If I survive, it is both evil and good but not that much. If I relegate, the next season my game is good. Lolz
  • Ishibum
    14137 posts Has That Special Something
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    The first couple of months were a breath of fresh air for those who don't like pace. Now, it is the complete opposite.

Lol no. The pace is fine in this game. If you think it's bad, just go back to FIFA15... I played a mate on it a couple days ago and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me, over the tops from defense to attack for Aubameyang to run onto all game long wasn't fun at all. :joy:

'15 was certainly 'the year of sweat' (I ended up going with it and had a front three of tots Gradel, tots Laca, and Walcott :lol: ), but you can't deny the game is a lot more pace orientated now than in the beginning.
  • Cresswell_86
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    [quote="Mini_Miudo;3238302" just sometimes connection issues can ruin the game, but it ruins it for both parties, not just you. Other than that, it comes down to player skill.[/quote]

i disagree, several games you can see the opponent clearly isn't affected by the lag, as there passing, movement & touches are crisp, smooth & responsive. AI teammates keep their shape, while your team is doing the complete opposite. It work both ways too, several times when it feels "fine" for me, i can see the opponent suffering from the same usual laggy\handicap BS i'm having to put up with. Infact, i'd say there's more games where one guy has the lag, the opponent doesnt

• mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something

i disagree, several games you can see the opponent clearly isn't affected by the lag, as there passing, movement & touches are crisp, smooth & responsive. AI teammates keep their shape, while your team is doing the complete opposite. It work both ways too, several times when it feels "fine" for me, i can see the opponent suffering from the same usual laggy\handicap BS i'm having to put up with. Infact, i'd say there's more games where one guy has the lag, the opponent doesnt

Agree with this.
  • Baznotsobad76
    Basically 9/10 matches for me have lag.. But not the pausing and stuttering type.. It's always the input lag... In many of my games even L2 'shield' doesn't register.. A fake shot is an actual shot and a 'Berba spin' is a 'just stop moving.'
    Yet my opponents are pulling off multiple skill move combinations... So it's obvious that they're not experiencing the lag I'm experiencing...
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Well the problem is every time you turn it on you have a 50-50 shot at getting either one. If it was good all the time we wouldn't moan, and even if it was bad all the time we wouldn't moan, we'd just stop playing completely. The inconsistency is the most frustrating thing.
  • Stevo_Jalapeno
    475 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Well the problem is every time you turn it on you have a 50-50 shot at getting either one. If it was good all the time we wouldn't moan, and even if it was bad all the time we wouldn't moan, we'd just stop playing completely. The inconsistency is the most frustrating thing.

Totally..
  • DeceptionXxII
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited July 2016
    good game is when players are good responsive. Bad game is when players feel like ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like nowadays with the futties, when EA bring out new cards. Every time they to that is the time the gameplay is bad. Its funny when Pokemon go is a better game then fifa 16. But when the gameplay feels like responsive it is the best Fifa
  • Orison
    54166 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Connection is probably the only thing I don't understand about this game :joy: when I'm playing forum tourneys, I often play against @Beny who is from Portugal I think and the game is totally unplayable although we both have good internet and a ping of like 5-10ms to local servers and around 50ms to servers in the other guy's country. But then I play @DefiantHD who is from Serbia or somewhere around that which is around the same distance away and the game is perfectly fine. Even when I'm visiting my parents and only have really bad Internet (like 3mbit/sec down and horrible ping) the game is still relatively smooth which doesn't make sense at all.

But I don't think I ever had a "lag for one person" thing in a friendly. If it's laggy, then it's laggy for both parties.

Overall I wouldn't say there is a good and a bad version of Fifa or everyone has both. Obviously I also have the games where apparently "everything is going against me", but while many people seem to lose those games (preferably 2:1 or 3:2 with a goal in the 90th), I win those games most of the time after incredible stressful 15mins with numerous heart attacks and nearly smashing things :D So yes I have those games, but I don't really believe in the game being against me, but rather a lack of concentration on my side combined with a lot of bad coding of touches and passes that is always there, but when I'm winning 5:0 I don't notice it as much as when I'm losing or drawing.

Btw the part about me winning shouldn't be arrogant, that's just how it is most of the times, not my fault when the game apparently likes me, so stop it whoever wanna have a go at me :trollface:
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    @Orison you are obviously one of those players that are good enough to overcome the game you are on the receiving end of the lag. I'm not :smile:

I honestly believe there have been numerous games where the input lag has been one sided. I've messaged people after games and you get the odd one or two who are civil and respond with a coherent answer in amongst all the "git gud" or "you just suck" replies and they usually say the game was perfect for them.

Those games where it is one sided are noticeable to me in the positioning of the AI, mine are all over the place while my opponents are still together. I can't use contain since my players just run past the guy with the ball or jump to the side and they never intercept passes that roll within a yard of them. It's almost like my client had lost track of the ball position and thinks it's somewhere else on the field.

I've seen it happen in my favour a few times where my players are responsive and react to loose balls and I can walk past defenders who just part like Moses and the Red Sea.
  • Orison
    I use wireless, I never opened any ports or whatever you can do and I have like 1 in 20-30 games in cups and season that is laggy :joy:
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    About the lag for one player... see this thread (most of you already have):

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/171473/one-sided-lag/p1

I think there's 3 versions of the game: Good, Evil and Insane

The insane version involves incredible speed with players moving fluently, passing when asked etc. but passes going 180 degrees in the wrong direction, ping pong, defenders parting just at the right time to let the oppo score, the ref getting in the way etc. The insane version can be quite fun if it's against a friend and I often laugh out loud it's ridiculousness.

What EA really need to sort out is a proper connection test, including ping, so we can decide on whether we want to continue or not.
  • XxMTOxX
    1960 posts Fans' Favourite

Show us your team @AntoineFR
  • CAVALLOIBZ
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In general to me has been very evil version almost year... although in this period after patch i m having some good Fifa...

to be fair in general my opinion doesn t change.. the game has to many grey area which allow Us to complaint.

i cannot believe that those super fifa heroes play all single match in "good fifa" version..

so at the end here is a forum , every one can report their experience.. and we must accept the each discussion of every kind of tone.. good or evil.
  • Orison
    CAVALLOIBZ wrote: »
    In general to me has been very evil version almost year... although in this period after patch i m having some good Fifa...

to be fair in general my opinion doesn t change.. the game has to many grey area which allow Us to complaint.

i cannot believe that those super fifa heroes play all single match in "good fifa" version..

so at the end here is a forum , every one can report their experience.. and we must accept the each discussion of every kind of tone.. good or evil.

Ofc not, what makes someone like Gorilla good is that he still wins when Fifa doesn't like him. Everyone can win when all your shots are flying in. Still winning when all your shots hit the woodwork or the keeper is what makes you good.
    XxMTOxX wrote: »

Inb4 "you only win, because your team is stacked" if it's a good team or "you only win, because of handicap" when it's an average team :trollface:
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2016
    Isn't this exactly what you fanbois said regarding The chemistry glitch? Lol
  • Orison

Huh? Chem is the same for everyone, working or not. And people opening threads like "my tots perform worse than my nifs" isn't even explainable by any chem glitch, so yeah "stop blaming the game" is the best answer to that.
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »

Huh? Chem is the same for everyone, working or not. And people opening threads like "my tots perform worse than my nifs" isn't even explainable by any chem glitch, so yeah "stop blaming the game" is the best answer to that.
    How could you say that after years of chemistry being broken and people saying something was wrong but being told to "git gud" by all of the credit card warriors.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »

For whatever reasons, you are clearly playing a different game to a lot of people on here so why keep posting to these threads when you know you're only going to get hate for what you say?

I can't remember a post saying a TOTY card was worse than the NIF but the chem thing certainly explained why IFs played worse than NIFs despite people like you telling everyone to "git gud"... and the irony is, people like you couldn't even tell the IFs were actually worse, in game, than the NIFs... but you still bang that same old drum.

Why?

• XxMTOxX
    1960 posts Fans' Favourite
    Show us your team @AntoineFR [/quote]

Inb4 "you only win, because your team is stacked" if it's a good team or "you only win, because of handicap" when it's an average team :trollface: [/quote]

Nah, I don't actually believe handicap exists.

• stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    edited July 2016
    XxMTOxX wrote: »
    Inb4 "you only win, because your team is stacked" if it's a good team or "you only win, because of handicap" when it's an average team :trollface:

Nah, I don't actually believe handicap exists.

I don't believe it does but the chem thing can explain why many thought it did... if it was consistent I'd have no problem saying it does exist but the gameplay isn't like that and that inconsistent gameplay is far more worrying than simple H. The S word... that's another thing.

The thing about this whole sorry situation is that EA were exposed as either lying or being incompetent. They say they have fixed the "problems" but we still have no idea of the extent of the "problems" or what they've fixed.

We still don't know sfa about chem or how it affects players of different levels (from NIFs to TOTY) or if those players are affected differently.

We still don't know why some games go insane ping pong... I believe I played 3 games a night or 2 ago with @Baznotsobad76 where the first 2 were fine but third suddenly went insanely metal.

Until EA explain the mechanics then we're all going to be sceptical... and EA's handling of chemgate and the total lack of info from them having said they've fixed it, well it isn't helpful, is it?