Lionel Messi - The best nominated player in FIFA history wishing to retire, Sad!

Turf_Knights2016
597 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited July 2016
Lionel-Messi-is-Number-1-trophies.jpg

Oh, no he is leaving international football.... so sad!

Read more here……… http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36637591

I hope not………..he is still the ultimate player in my books.

Personally, I think he has had enough from the pressure of management and FIFA officials; he seems a bit torn by his decision to leave but obviously has been given an order (Gagged) not to say anything.

I think the politics of the sport gets down dirty behind the locker rooms.

I want him to play, damn he is so good and so much to offer, but if his heart is no longer in it.

Then cheers thanks for the great memories all the best for his future endeavours.

Oh men so sad!

Keep on kicking on Messi - Lionel Messi Magic Forever!

Cheers

Comments

• Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Bit late to the party mate
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something
    Move to Messi section
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    He's a filthy criminal
  • Florianr104
    He's a filthy criminal

Just like Hoeneß :innocent:
  • Its a shame he isnt going to jail.
  • Florianr104
    Its a shame he isnt going to jail.

Cry me a river.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    31445 posts National Team Captain
    Best player we will see in our lifetime.
  • He's a filthy criminal

• LiveArsenal
    1338 posts Professional

• HolgerBadstuber
    He's a filthy criminal

Uli did his time
  • Florianr104
    He's a filthy criminal

Uli did his time

Still a "filthy criminal".
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    Clickbait on a forum, that's new.
  • xCOLLISx
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only a month late..
  • HolgerBadstuber
    He's a filthy criminal

Uli did his time

As is Messi
  • Florianr104
    He's a filthy criminal

Uli did his time

As is Messi

If you insist :)
  • Turf_Knights2016
    edited July 2016
    Oh yeah,

This is what happened to...........damn Messi got hit twice...............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/06/lionel-messi-sentenced-to-21-months-in-prison-after-being-found/

According to the prosecutor’s office for tax crimes in Catalonia, the sale of Messi’s image rights had been hidden using a complex web of shell companies in Uruguay, Belize, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

The 29-year-old has always denied any knowledge of his tax affairs, saying he “only worried about playing football”, while his father claimed he left it all up to financial advisers.

But summing up the case, the presiding judge, Mercedes Armas Galve, wrote of the five-time world player of the year: “[His] avoidable ignorance, which was derived from indifference, is not an error, and it does not remove responsibility.

Trust me when I say this and I believe it with my heart that they are not a criminally minded family. They simply had shonky financial advisers who had power over his situation and took him and his father to the cleaners.

The family are from a poor part of Argentina not very educated even on matters of business or even legalities of contract law and financial planning.

It seems that a relationship of trust was built with Messi's family and financial advisors but on a web of lies and deceit of mismanagement by the trustees.

The saddest part he must have signed power of attorney and allowed the trustees all the financial decisions on their behalf.

Sadly, this ignorance does not stand in courts and is ruled against the accused harshly.

Poor people they simply got played by the system, its so easy to get sucked in these things , trust no one!

The saddest thing is, they are liable due to taxation laws.

The trustees normally sly away as a contract was signed, but not understood, its disgusting.

I believe this is the case as per many links online and the judge court ruling escaping jail terms having found them guilty under law but morally ignorant, only having to pay a hefty fine of over 4million in back taxes and penalties...................Poor people, they got robbed!

Oh, damn how sad, oh men I'm really gutted for them.

Just utterly gutted and disgusted at a legal system that still fails in this manner!

Arrgggg!

Post edited by Turf_Knights2016 on
  • Florianr104
    Are you being sarcastic or not? I genuinely can't tell.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    edited July 2016
    No my friend, what I said in post above is pretty much how it works out if you're not switched onto these things.

Ask around..... or Google and read/research yourself or just read the link provided and go from there.

Sad m8, just sad.
  • Baxtie
    857 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Damn Messisarel! Go to jail first!
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    I'm expecting a thread in a few months time about Messi returning to international football, even though it's all but confirmed atm.
  • james2060
    Messi new what he was doing.
    No matter where you're from or you're background you know how to pay tax. He is a criminal.
  • Florianr104
    james2060 wrote: »
    No matter where you're from or you're background you know how to pay tax. He is a criminal.

That's quite bigoted. I file my taxes with the help of my tax advisor, and only go through it more or less thoroughly, and I'm nowhere near 40+ million dollars a year. Those millions also don't come from a single source.

You don't know how much of a pain in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it is to file and pay your taxes correctly. It's not an excuse, but I believe him when he says he had no idea.
  • Baxtie

That's quite bigoted. I file my taxes with the help of my tax advisor, and only go through it more or less thoroughly, and I'm nowhere near 40+ million dollars a year. Those millions also don't come from a single source.

You don't know how much of a pain in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it is to file and pay your taxes correctly. It's not an excuse, but I believe him when he says he had no idea.

Hahahaha.... No idea, no jail... Well:
    I will kill someone and put him the gun to his forehead and play Russian roulette... Then I tell the police: I had no idea that the bullet is locked already.... He is a criminal and must be sit next to Germans!
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    GOAT
  • Florianr104
    Baxtie wrote: »

Hahahaha.... No idea, no jail... Well:
    I will kill someone and put him the gun to his forehead and play Russian roulette... Then I tell the police: I had no idea that the bullet is locked already.... He is a criminal and must be sit next to Germans!

That's not what I said. I'm aware that not knowing something doesn't protect you from prosecution. However, he has received his sentence. I don't know why everyone is so bitter. Even if you're a Messi hater, do you really want to see the world's best footballer rot away in jail when he could still be playing? You have no idea if he was aware or not, neither do I, yet you judge.
  • COACH
    20547 posts Club Captain

• GhostHN
    509 posts Sunday League Hero
    COACH wrote: »

• james2060

I do know, but I cannot believe anyone doesn't realise when something like this is happening. He deserve s a prison sentence, end of.
  • Florianr104

I do know, but I cannot believe anyone doesn't realise when something like this is happening. He deserve s a prison sentence, end of.

That's not for you to decide, those whose task it is to decide his sentence have done so.
  • Baxtie
    Fools, he get only 21 month! On Spain law, you have to be arrested judged more than 24 month!!! Here is the evidence of "democracy"!! F... Off! I it were YOU you would get minimum 21 YEARS!!! Money and fame works!!! He is dead for me!