How to play against very, very high pressure?

Mitchmeister
347 posts Sunday League Hero
Before you even control the ball, the other guys team already closed down every passing opportunity you had... what the **** does one do?

Comments

• JPRM71
    2317 posts Fans' Favourite
    try to hold a deeper line and defend with your Mids behind the ball. But just as you get that right, they'll smash a through ball past 6 of your players and score, so I'm stumped aswell :smiley:
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Keep the ball, try to force the ball to other side of the court and then switch the ball to the other side. There should be very much room to go forward and create chances.

Or, you can fight fire with fire, go custom settings and put pressure and aggression to 100. It is not pretty but that is an option.
  • Alan94
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Try to take advantage of their impatience in regaining possession, maintain it as well as you can and exploit the gaps in their midfield and defence.
  • Alergi
    1167 posts Professional
    Ultra attack/possession has been working great for me post patch. Won div 1 twice in a row with only one loss. Fight fire with fire
  • Mitchmeister
    What i honestly find to be effective, is to just go ultra defensive, focus on not conceding and trust that Graziano Pelle will do his job as a targetman... Won MANY of those 1-0... Seems fair enough
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    edited July 2016
    What i honestly find to be effective, is to just go ultra defensive, focus on not conceding and trust that Graziano Pelle will do his job as a targetman... Won MANY of those 1-0... Seems fair enough

Hrrrmmmm not gonna work in higher divs.
  • AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional

sounds super fun
  • YaaDon
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero

Doesnt work in div 1-2 tbh as @Advait said
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    AntoineFR wrote: »
    sounds super fun
    Of course it's not: playing against people who press like Hell all over the pitch for 90' is not fun at all.

One must either find a way to "escape" that pressure (by passing/switching sides often) or just decide to bait the opponent into pressing even more and coming even closer to the danger area, so he would leave gaps at the back that can be then exploited with a counter (or with a long pass to a target man).
    The first way is fun but risky, the other way is boring but it usually yields better results.
  • AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    ale85bg wrote: »
    sounds super fun
    Of course it's not: playing against people who press like Hell all over the pitch for 90' is not fun at all.

One must either find a way to "escape" that pressure (by passing/switching sides often) or just decide to bait the opponent into pressing even more and coming even closer to the danger area, so he would leave gaps at the back that can be then exploited with a counter (or with a long pass to a target man).
    The first way is fun but risky, the other way is boring but it usually yields better results.

i think we both will a agree first way is about skills and the second is about luck
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    edited July 2016

sounds super fun

Not everyone shares the same idea of "fun" as yours
  • ale85bg
    i think we both will a agree first way is about skills and the second is about luck
    Yeah: the more risky the move, the more skilled one must be do it properly of course.

Actively escaping the pressure by passing the ball around (or switching sides, because with that kind of pressure there's always a man of yours free on the other flank) is difficult so it requires more skill (and way more self confidence) than just parking the bus and hoping for a counter...

But again, they are two legit ways to counter the same exploit.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Just rage quit. :grimace:
  • AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    Advait wrote: »

sounds super fun

Not everyone shares the same idea of "fun" as yours

thank you.
  • Mitchmeister

I'm in Div2, 1 win from Div1 (3 games left) and it does work.
  • Mitchmeister

sounds super fun
    I hate it too, but what can i do?
  • RadioShaq
    14898 posts Moderator
    Make sure you use something like coop camera that way you can always see the open man. Plenty of guides that explain how to beat it though.
  • Mitchmeister
    Yeah: the more risky the move, the more skilled one must be do it properly of course.

Actively escaping the pressure by passing the ball around (or switching sides, because with that kind of pressure there's always a man of yours free on the other flank) is difficult so it requires more skill (and way more self confidence) than just parking the bus and hoping for a counter...

Yeah, using a Pelle type of striker is sooooo easy right? That's why it's the most overused player, unlike Remy who takes SKILL to use.
  • Orikoru

Yeah, using a Pelle type of striker is sooooo easy right? That's why it's the most overused player, unlike Remy who takes SKILL to use.

Why on earth would you use Pelle?? I can't think of a single reason to.
  • Mitchmeister
    Orikoru wrote: »

you want me to use Remy and Aguero?
  • Orikoru

you want me to use Remy and Aguero?

No.. did somebody tell you there are only three strikers on the game?
  • bucs0576
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    Patience is key for me. Usually the super high pressure players send two defenders to the ball, sometimes three. There will be open players. A lot of times one simple pass back creates a huge amount of space going forward.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class

I'm in Div2, 1 win from Div1 (3 games left) and it does work.

Good for you man. Unusual tbh
  • ale85bg
    edited July 2016

Not questioning the players being used here, I was talking about the play styles.
    I don't play FIFA 16 online anymore but I used to struggle a lot against high pressure in FIFA 14 and I've been faced with the same options: play my way out of trouble or just wait for the opponent to commit too much and hit on the counter. I've played both ways (some opponents were just too aggressive to safely pass the ball around), but I must say I prefer the former.
    I've lost countless matches because of my stubborn refusal to stop passing the ball around and switching flanks (as I said, I also resorted to parking the bus and countering but it just happened once in a while), so I know it's more difficult. But it's also more rewarding, trust me.
  • Mitchmeister
    edited July 2016

Not questioning the players being used here, I was talking about the play styles.
    I don't play FIFA 16 online anymore but I used to struggle a lot against high pressure in FIFA 14 and I've been faced with the same options: play my way out of trouble or just wait for the opponent to commit too much and hit on the counter. I've played both ways (some opponents were just too aggressive to safely pass the ball around), but I must say I prefer the former.
    I've lost countless matches because of my stubborn refusal to stop passing the ball around and switching flanks (as I said, I also resorted to parking the bus and countering but it just happened once in a while), so I know it's more difficult. But it's also more rewarding, trust me.

I play a hyper high pressure guy maybe 3 out of 10 games, I don't park the bus I play defensive and then ultra defensive when I'm 1-0 up. Give them a lot of time on the ball and not leave gaps. All they can do is take long shots and my keeper saves 96/100. The other 7 games I play possession football and abuse 5* skillers... It is only WHEN the annoying pressure people come out that I play dirty. The point is that what good is high pressure when I DONT want to keep the ball? His biggest strength becomes useless and he can't rely on it.
  • Orikoru

I play a hyper high pressure guy maybe 3 out of 10 games, I don't park the bus I play defensive and then ultra defensive when I'm 1-0 up. Give them a lot of time on the ball and not leave gaps. All they can do is take long shots and my keeper saves 96/100. The other 7 games I play possession football and abuse 5* skillers... It is only WHEN the annoying pressure people come out that I play dirty.

What **** keeper is that?? Every keeper I ever use lets in about 40% of long shots! :angry:
  • Mitchmeister
    Handanovic and Sirigu work for me.
  • Orikoru

:neutral: what sorcery is this??
  • Mitchmeister

:neutral: what sorcery is this??
    I also kinda cut the angle and put them on their weak foot etc, my midfielders are usually constantly harassing their players(matuidi, marchisio)... Ofc if I leave too much space it could be different
  • JPRM71
    2317 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game is too slow