EA Compensation to customers

1
Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
I just posted the following in a thread in GD but I'm fairly sure the following will have been discussed and is probably their plan of action...

So before they go ahead and do this, I thought I'd get it out there first to give you something to think about and maybe rethink what you would prefer by means of 'compensation.'




For the people who are asking why EA would give us our FP back.. It's very simple.. It would go a long way to fixing the broken trust between them and their customers (us) while at the same time, and this is the most important part - IT WOULD NOT COST THEM A SINGLE PENNY TO DO SO!

Essentially they would be giving us a worthless currency that is only of any use in their game, so it would at least ensure that everybody who was annoyed would at least stay while they use the FP up...

Also somebody 'joked' that they would make the pack weights even lower... There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't do this as nobody outside of EA could prove it.. Pack weights aren't governed by any independent body and there's no lawful rules that state what the pack weights should be...

So given the contempt EA have for us, they could easily refund our FP and make them even more worthless than they are now by making pack weights lower but the customers (us) would all be relatively happy because hey, we got to open a load of packs..

Comments

  • joeshotcaller
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    +1 great post 100% agree
  • PhilP
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    they will not do this 100%.

  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    And if I worked at EA in their 'Department of Deviousness' I'd search twitter for people who actively post their good pack pulls... I'd make sure they pulled a good card each so EA could legitimately retweet them...
    I'd also make sure a couple of the more popular youtubers pulled some good players so they get the word out there...

    Everybody else, well they can get their hopes up after seeing the good pulls posted on social media, but go ahead and open packs with your free your 40k FP.... The best player you're gonna pull is Ramos or maybe Chielini...

    You're welcome!
  • dbslbu
    1824 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree fully too, I'd prefer if they did if for 17, it would make for a really interesting year!
  • PhilP
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    I bought loads of fifa points this year. It would be nice but won't happen.

    Reasons why they won't do it:

    1. You exchange points for packs. The packs where clearly stated and you got the items '3 rare' in the pack itself.
    2. If they did, inflation would hit the market. Coming to the end of the game so it won't be worse.
    3. People would save any points in hope they can transfer them to fifa 17. This would therefore cause inflation in the next game.
    4. What about people who use coins for packs. How are you going to compensate them?


    At best we be looking at some untradeable packs.
  • RadioShaq
    15847 posts Moderator
    This seems like a bad idea and would push people away from the game and buying 17. The only fair way to do this would be give everyone the same amount of fp as compensation instead of different amounts. If you are going to do that might as well just give everyone the same amount of packs that way like others said you can't save it for 17.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    PhilP wrote: »
    I bought loads of fifa points this year. It would be nice but won't happen.

    Reasons why they won't do it:

    1. You exchange points for packs. The packs where clearly stated and you got the items '3 rare' in the pack itself.
    2. If they did, inflation would hit the market. Coming to the end of the game so it won't be worse.
    3. People would save any points in hope they can transfer them to fifa 17. This would therefore cause inflation in the next game.
    4. What about people who use coins for packs. How are you going to compensate them?


    At best we be looking at some untradeable packs.

    This 100%

    What I think would be fair (and reasonably possible) would be to offer every FUT player one player of their choice, untradable.
  • PhilP
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    Advait wrote: »
    PhilP wrote: »
    I bought loads of fifa points this year. It would be nice but won't happen.

    Reasons why they won't do it:

    1. You exchange points for packs. The packs where clearly stated and you got the items '3 rare' in the pack itself.
    2. If they did, inflation would hit the market. Coming to the end of the game so it won't be worse.
    3. People would save any points in hope they can transfer them to fifa 17. This would therefore cause inflation in the next game.
    4. What about people who use coins for packs. How are you going to compensate them?


    At best we be looking at some untradeable packs.

    This 100%

    What I think would be fair (and reasonably possible) would be to offer every FUT player one player of their choice, untradable.

    Yeah. Thats a possiblity too. Whatever they do (if they do anything) it would be untradable.
  • Scottish21
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    They should refund us in fp for fifa 17. Alot of us would still spend cash on it. I won't be spending as much 100%. The game ain't worth all the the bs that comes with it every year.

    laggy matches.
    New shiny cards that don't work properly.
    The game feels different and then gets patched so much to suit the casuals/poor players.
    Watching the market constantly and selling players to trying stop a big loss in coins so you can make the most of ut during the year. End up buying more packs just to trying get that player/coins and he's pish anyway. Over & over lol.

    Some of reasons I go off the mode every year for months at a time.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    PhilP wrote: »
    I bought loads of fifa points this year. It would be nice but won't happen.

    Reasons why they won't do it:

    1. You exchange points for packs. The packs where clearly stated and you got the items '3 rare' in the pack itself.
    2. If they did, inflation would hit the market. Coming to the end of the game so it won't be worse.
    3. People would save any points in hope they can transfer them to fifa 17. This would therefore cause inflation in the next game.
    4. What about people who use coins for packs. How are you going to compensate them?


    At best we be looking at some untradeable packs.

    I completely see your point and you could be right.. However EA could look and see how many packs each person opened and then give them compensation in FP which would allow them to re-open a percentage of those packs again...

    Regarding it badly effecting the market, that's also a definite possibility... But the realism is that congratulations.. Your 3 'rare' items are 2 'rare' position change cards and a 'rare' fitness coach.....
  • InfernaL
    1451 posts Play-Off Hero
    Advait wrote: »
    PhilP wrote: »
    I bought loads of fifa points this year. It would be nice but won't happen.

    Reasons why they won't do it:

    1. You exchange points for packs. The packs where clearly stated and you got the items '3 rare' in the pack itself.
    2. If they did, inflation would hit the market. Coming to the end of the game so it won't be worse.
    3. People would save any points in hope they can transfer them to fifa 17. This would therefore cause inflation in the next game.
    4. What about people who use coins for packs. How are you going to compensate them?


    At best we be looking at some untradeable packs.

    This 100%

    What I think would be fair (and reasonably possible) would be to offer every FUT player one player of their choice, untradable.

    I don't see that happening at all. Everyone would just choose 99 Ronaldo.... and it would be RIP whoever has that card now.
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    Advait wrote: »
    PhilP wrote: »
    I bought loads of fifa points this year. It would be nice but won't happen.

    Reasons why they won't do it:

    1. You exchange points for packs. The packs where clearly stated and you got the items '3 rare' in the pack itself.
    2. If they did, inflation would hit the market. Coming to the end of the game so it won't be worse.
    3. People would save any points in hope they can transfer them to fifa 17. This would therefore cause inflation in the next game.
    4. What about people who use coins for packs. How are you going to compensate them?


    At best we be looking at some untradeable packs.

    This 100%

    What I think would be fair (and reasonably possible) would be to offer every FUT player one player of their choice, untradable.

    Great idea. That would be a great compensation since it will allow everyone to have their dream player and since the game is already coming to an end....would not matter that much.
  • RadioShaq
    15847 posts Moderator
    A player of your choice would still make people who spent tons of money or traded for days or months mad that now everyone has a good player.
  • Ishibum
    14121 posts Has That Special Something
    I would have expected to have had some movement from EA on this now that the problem has been fixed.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I would have expected to have had some movement from EA on this now that the problem has been fixed.

    I expect they'll do absolutely nothing.
  • Cresswell_86
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2016
    Advait wrote: »
    PhilP wrote: »
    I bought loads of fifa points this year. It would be nice but won't happen.

    Reasons why they won't do it:

    1. You exchange points for packs. The packs where clearly stated and you got the items '3 rare' in the pack itself.
    2. If they did, inflation would hit the market. Coming to the end of the game so it won't be worse.
    3. People would save any points in hope they can transfer them to fifa 17. This would therefore cause inflation in the next game.
    4. What about people who use coins for packs. How are you going to compensate them?


    At best we be looking at some untradeable packs.

    This 100%

    What I think would be fair (and reasonably possible) would be to offer every FUT player one player of their choice, untradable.

    good ideas, but how would that be in practice? the amaount of squads on day 1 that would have messi's & ronaldo's ect.... FTS

    personally, dont for a minute think they will, but what i'd be happy with as compensation would be to offer the standard edition of FIfa 17 as a free download. They could IF they wanted to, as a way or re-building bridges, but again cant see it happen.

    a statement fully explaining how FUT mechanics works to go with it would be nice too..
  • PhilP
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2016
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    A player of your choice would still make people who spent tons of money or traded for days or months mad that now everyone has a good player.

    Could be a random futtie pack when there are released. Only fair way.

    But more thinking about it it be packs rather than a player or nothing at all..
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    stevvix wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I would have expected to have had some movement from EA on this now that the problem has been fixed.

    I expect they'll do absolutely nothing.

    Some guy at GD posted a threat where was asking for compensation from live chat. The live chat guy said that EA are working on compensation at studio level. Whatever that means. He couldn't give ETA though. But I guess we will get those rubbish gold untradeable packs in some point.
  • InfernaL
    1451 posts Play-Off Hero
    PhilP wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    A player of your choice would still make people who spent tons of money or traded for days or months mad that now everyone has a good player.

    Could be a random futtie pack when there are released. Only fair way.

    But more thinking about it it be packs rather than a player or nothing at all..

    A guaranteed futtie in a pack would be great. Like it could be anyone from it, lowest or highest, depending on everyone's luck. Make it untradeable too.

    I feel like giving everyone the option to choose a player of their own, would be harsh on those who already have top players. I'd personally pick either 99 Ronaldo or 98 Suarez to replace one of the 2 97s I have. This is not fair at all to those who already have them and have spent a lot of money or time trading to get those top notch players.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    mHazard wrote: »
    stevvix wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I would have expected to have had some movement from EA on this now that the problem has been fixed.

    I expect they'll do absolutely nothing.

    Some guy at GD posted a threat where was asking for compensation from live chat. The live chat guy said that EA are working on compensation at studio level. Whatever that means. He couldn't give ETA though. But I guess we will get those rubbish gold untradeable packs in some point.

    That actually sounds quite interesting. If if were just some rubbish packs they could do that immediately. The fact that they are working on it gives a glimmer of hope!

    Of course, we all know how reliable the chat guys are :s
  • Ishibum
    14121 posts Has That Special Something
    stevvix wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I would have expected to have had some movement from EA on this now that the problem has been fixed.

    I expect they'll do absolutely nothing.

    You buying '17?
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    stevvix wrote: »
    mHazard wrote: »
    stevvix wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I would have expected to have had some movement from EA on this now that the problem has been fixed.

    I expect they'll do absolutely nothing.

    Some guy at GD posted a threat where was asking for compensation from live chat. The live chat guy said that EA are working on compensation at studio level. Whatever that means. He couldn't give ETA though. But I guess we will get those rubbish gold untradeable packs in some point.

    That actually sounds quite interesting. If if were just some rubbish packs they could do that immediately. The fact that they are working on it gives a glimmer of hope!

    Of course, we all know how reliable the chat guys are :s
    This.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Ishibum wrote: »
    stevvix wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I would have expected to have had some movement from EA on this now that the problem has been fixed.

    I expect they'll do absolutely nothing.

    You buying '17?

    Yup... I've done all I can in 16 and it's only games with you lot that keep me playing. We've all known what sort of company EA is for years yet we still buy the game year after year. I don't play any other games.

    I think a petition to FIFA or something similar to demand a QoS from EA would be more beneficial... as in unless you make the game does what it should do (we all know the problems... except Clint) then EA don't get licensing rights as the game is an embarrassment to FIFA.

    The thing that I really don't understand is that EA's outlay for fixing the servers etc. couldn't be that great as other games with known technology are mostly fine. I don't see why they can't apparently see that the benefits to EA's profit margin would far outweigh the costs... and they'd have happy customers for the first time ever.
  • Derryboy
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really I think anyone that spent x amount on fps should be given a free copy of 17 because EA know they'll get their money anyway.
  • IxToMxI
    7003 posts League Winner
    They need to do something.

    The fact of the matter is people spend really money to get the best cards which plays on their love for real footballers and football in general. When combined with the upgraded 'Special Cards' better stats based on real life performance again playing on the love for real football.

    The fact people have been trying to get better cards all year to make their teams better when it actually has an adverse effect is ludicrous.

    Furthermore to my point, no one is allowed to talk about scripting on the forum, maybe if we were this would of come light at the start of the game rather than the end of the game once EA have happily taken everyone's cash.

    Amen
  • JPRM71
    2863 posts National Call-Up
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    They need to do something.

    The fact of the matter is people spend really money to get the best cards which plays on their love for real footballers and football in general. When combined with the upgraded 'Special Cards' better stats based on real life performance again playing on the love for real football.

    The fact people have been trying to get better cards all year to make their teams better when it actually has an adverse effect is ludicrous.

    Furthermore to my point, no one is allowed to talk about scripting on the forum, maybe if we were this would of come light at the start of the game rather than the end of the game once EA have happily taken everyone's cash.

    Amen

    Well said that man
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    InfernaL wrote: »
    PhilP wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    A player of your choice would still make people who spent tons of money or traded for days or months mad that now everyone has a good player.

    Could be a random futtie pack when there are released. Only fair way.

    But more thinking about it it be packs rather than a player or nothing at all..

    A guaranteed futtie in a pack would be great. Like it could be anyone from it, lowest or highest, depending on everyone's luck. Make it untradeable too.

    I feel like giving everyone the option to choose a player of their own, would be harsh on those who already have top players. I'd personally pick either 99 Ronaldo or 98 Suarez to replace one of the 2 97s I have. This is not fair at all to those who already have them and have spent a lot of money or time trading to get those top notch players.

    Why not...they can sell them and buy some other player as well that they like. It's not like we just like one player ;)
  • CAVALLOIBZ
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What is important in my opinion, is that we keep this thread of refund and explanation alive.
    we do not have to allow them to put all the s** done under carpet.. and act as nothing happened.
    we spent real cash in order to get cards named as "special" whether at the end it was all fake..

    so guys let s keep discussing on here.. let's raise our voice
  • Ishibum
    14121 posts Has That Special Something
    CAVALLOIBZ wrote: »
    What is important in my opinion, is that we keep this thread of refund and explanation alive.
    we do not have to allow them to put all the s** done under carpet.. and act as nothing happened.
    we spent real cash in order to get cards named as "special" whether at the end it was all fake..

    so guys let s keep discussing on here.. let's raise our voice

    Certainly feeling like a "nothing to see here" vibe from them just now.

    Shocking
  • dbslbu
    1824 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reminds me of the US IT support team I work with, we report a problem, they fix it and then tell us there was no problem. When we ask for an explanation they dance around the questions and throw a load of other info at us in an attempt to bamboozle!
Sign In or Register to comment.