I'm In A Pickle!

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
Chemgate and then the subsequent fixing of chemgate has completely ruined my team options. Because I got used to using a no chem team with a bunch of awesome cheap cards from all over the place. I've now started using a full chem team but subbing 3 players on at the start, but I just know I'll get bored of this soon. I don't really like doing it. So I just dunno what to do.

What would you do with the below if you 210k left for the rest of the team??

pitch-4068009.jpg
(The bench is the guys I currently have who I would be selling to make the 210k)

Rules (I'm quite fussy which doesn't help)
  • I only want every player to be on at least 6 chemistry I think.
  • Striker: 80 pace minimum and really good, like 90 finishing, never misses kind of good
  • LF: fast, good finishing, just good basically
  • LCM: I like H/H all rounders, someone like Eremenko replicated I guess
  • CB: I need my centre backs to have decent ball control and short passing
  • GK: Must be tall, like, over 6 foot 3.

Any ideas?? The only one I had was this: http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/801408 but I'm not sure about Pastore, or Diego Alves really.

Comments

• Orikoru
    P.S. I love N'Doye but I realise he is the one ruining this for me since Ligue 1 players are all **** or expensive with no in between. You can replace him but the replacement has to be at least as good as him and cheap - tall, and good at everything, including finishing.
  • Ishibum
    12162 posts Has That Special Something
    Orikoru wrote: »
    P.S. I love N'Doye but I realise he is the one ruining this for me since Ligue 1 players are all **** or expensive with no in between. You can replace him but the replacement has to be at least as good as him and cheap - tall, and good at everything, including finishing.

I was going to say something like this. Thing is, I haven't tried any CM as good as him at that price.
  • Orikoru
    Ishibum wrote: »

I was going to say something like this. Thing is, I haven't tried any CM as good as him at that price.

Only one I can see is maybe Bruno, obviously he's 50k but there might be better LF, CM & ST options in La Liga that balance the budget out.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Bruno is the answer
  • Ishibum

Only one I can see is maybe Bruno, obviously he's 50k but there might be better LF, CM & ST options in La Liga that balance the budget out.

hmmmm cheap la liga LFs... you basically have Kono, Piatti, Nolito,.. Nani (10k or so just now)?

Not too hot on any of those. Also, at that point, you're going to lose chem on Promes if you don't use a Russian league striker/Dutch.

• Ishibum
    For N'Doye to be an option, you would probably need to work in Lamine Sane (cb) or Henri Saviet (cm) to get a strong link (allowing you to hybrid him). For Promes, it's basically Shirokov (who got transferred a while back... will drive up price), or Tino Costa (who isn't anywhere near as good as last year's card)
  • Orikoru

hmmmm cheap la liga LFs... you basically have Kono, Piatti, Nolito,.. Nani (10k or so just now)?

Not too hot on any of those. Also, at that point, you're going to lose chem on Promes if you don't use a Russian league striker/Dutch.

Promes gets 7 chem with 1 orange link out of 3 (to Eremenko) with his loyalty bonus, so that's fine.

I'm thinking TOTS Lucas Perez, SIF Konoplyanka, TOTS Bruno, Modric, Marcelo, Thiago Silva & a cheap NIF Brazilian keeper, but that's just barely within budget.
  • Ishibum

Promes gets 7 chem with 1 orange link out of 3 (to Eremenko) with his loyalty bonus, so that's fine.

I'm thinking TOTS Lucas Perez, SIF Konoplyanka, TOTS Bruno, Modric, Marcelo, Thiago Silva & a cheap NIF Brazilian keeper, but that's just barely within budget.

Lucas Perez is a great striker to try. Search on open bid and you'll get a few k off... should help with budget. Otherwise the rest looks solid.

Just a shame tots Danilo is still over 80k. Would have been easier to build around him
  • JohnDoe
    11186 posts Has That Special Something
    QqBjLFt.jpg

This equates to about 300k. Tall, well-rounded midfield and fast/strong attackers and defenders.
  • the_big_blowfish
    1419 posts Professional
    pitch-4069281.jpg

Thank me later.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Any version of Hulk you can afford. Wernbloom was great for me too.

GZWx7ju.png
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    stevvix wrote: »

GZWx7ju.png

This is it
  • Orikoru
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    QqBjLFt.jpg

This equates to about 300k. Tall, well-rounded midfield and fast/strong attackers and defenders.

You literally got rid of all my favourite players that I wanted to keep - that was the whole point! :lol:

pitch-4069281.jpg

Thank me later.

Not bad.. don't like the look of Musa though. And I don't really see Di Maria as a CM. Also those are some expensive full backs, haha. Good effort though, thanks.

GZWx7ju.png

Good points: I have used Shatov and he was excellent, heard good things about Viviano.
    Bad points: You lost Eremenko :( , I absolutely hate Chiellini as he can't kick a ball, and I'm not convinced on Wernblom, he doesn't look like the all-action type of player I'm after.

Thanks for your contributions though everyone! Being this late in the game I get really fussy on the kind of players I want. :lol:
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    pitch-4069281.jpg

Thank me later.

"Not bad.. don't like the look of Musa though. And I don't really see Di Maria as a CM. Also those are some expensive full backs, haha. Good effort though, thanks."

OK... suspend your disbelief. I played with IF Musa for many a game and he is a little magician as I'm sure some of my oppo will confirm.

You can swap the Ligue 1 players for any of the fitting trios... Sandro, Bonucci and Marchisio, the Bayern lot etc.

Wernbloom was a rock @ CCM for me but I rely on my CCM to mainly stay back as my wide CMs attack but he found the net in his first game for me. I also play 4321.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Musa is crazy good.
    So is Wernbloom. Dont knock it till you've tried ;)
  • JohnDoe
    11186 posts Has That Special Something
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    QqBjLFt.jpg

You literally got rid of all my favourite players that I wanted to keep - that was the whole point! :lol:

pitch-4069281.jpg

Thank me later.

Not bad.. don't like the look of Musa though. And I don't really see Di Maria as a CM. Also those are some expensive full backs, haha. Good effort though, thanks.

GZWx7ju.png

Good points: I have used Shatov and he was excellent, heard good things about Viviano.
    Bad points: You lost Eremenko :( , I absolutely hate Chiellini as he can't kick a ball, and I'm not convinced on Wernblom, he doesn't look like the all-action type of player I'm after.

Thanks for your contributions though everyone! Being this late in the game I get really fussy on the kind of players I want. :lol:

Yeah, well, there's no way to build a decent, cheap(ish) team with those players on full chem.
  • Orikoru
    I never asked for full chemistry!
  • Orikoru
    What do people think of this? My only problem is that it leaves Mario Fernandes on a bit less chemistry than I would like.

pitch-4070991.jpg
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    I like the squad in the OP, Pastore is my favorite player this year and he's amazing. Diego Alves is also very good.

You can also use IF Alejandro Gomez and Higuain in that team, and upgrade the LB to SIF Kurzawa or TOTS Maxwell
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Advait wrote: »

GZWx7ju.png

This is it

Agree with this. It looks boring on paper, but I always come back to these squads after trying different options.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    What do people think of this? My only problem is that it leaves Mario Fernandes on a bit less chemistry than I would like.

pitch-4070991.jpg

I haven't built so don't know about the chem but I'd put Vidal at LCM and use Matic @CCM and Hazard at LF... which is what I use.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    lf should be classic sneijder
  • dbslbu
    1810 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why not put Fernandez at RB and get Bayern Hummels? Apologies if this was suggested earlier!
  • Orikoru
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    I like the squad in the OP, Pastore is my favorite player this year and he's amazing. Diego Alves is also very good.

You can also use IF Alejandro Gomez and Higuain in that team, and upgrade the LB to SIF Kurzawa or TOTS Maxwell

Cheers for this. I actually think that's going to be the one I go for then. Lack of height on the frontline was a slight concern, but I really fancy trying Boufal, and I've not used any version of Lacazette yet.