New update has broken the game - again

Bixer
28 posts Last Pick at the Park
Anyone else finding this?

I'd managed to tweak the game to my liking before and was happy enough to leave it as is until FIFA 17.

But with the latest update, I'm having to start all over again.

In particular I'm finding the fullback issue has reared it's ugly head again - whereby they seem to want to act like CDMs and have absolutely no desire to track wingers.

Has anyone else found this?

Comments

• ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    ive found it incredibly cheesy .

most games flow really well but then the story always takes a twist.

it feels like they have taken out the elo till the last 20 mins and then cranked it up big time....rebounds always fall against you int he box causing havoc.

last 4 games ive eaither been leading or deserved to be easily leading and last 20 lets goals in with always an unbeliveable move out fo context with the game totally , a long ball cut out which would have bounced way off the attacker but fell right into his feet or the ball ricochets about finds its self at the far post and gets nodded in from a tight angle.

think they hired enid blyton fro the new patch
  • I SiR MartY I
    14785 posts Has That Special Something
    The only thing the patch was for was a chemistry glitch in UT.

I suggest you take the tinfoil hat off...
  • Bixer
    edited July 2016
    If you refuse to believe that the latest patch hasn't affected other areas of the game - then I think you're the one who wants to take their blindfold off.

Playing against the CPU, watch what your defensive line does when their GK passes the ball - either long or short. Anyone who thinks that's an accurate depiction/tactic in real life football doesn't understand real life football.
    Post edited by Bixer on
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    The only thing the patch was for was a chemistry glitch in UT.

I suggest you take the tinfoil hat off...

That's what the "it's all in your head" crowd used to say.
  • RadioShaq
    19954 posts Moderator
    The thing that is odd is nobody has ever suggested that a patch has ever improved the game. People have suggest that ea do these patches sometimes 2 a day all the make the game faster and break the game. So what over 400 negative patches that all speed the game up crazy.
  • Adoptedscouse
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Errm I've found game to be better since latest patch to be honest.
  • I SiR MartY I
    Bixer wrote: »
    If you refuse to believe that the latest patch hasn't affected other areas of the game - then I think you're the one who wants to take their blindfold off.

Playing against the CPU, watch what your defensive line does when their GK passes the ball - either long or short. Anyone who thinks that's an accurate depiction/tactic in real life football doesn't understand real life football.

Every patch someone always says EA have changed this or EA have changed that.

Its 9 months into the Fifa 16 life cycle, almost 10. Why would EA change gameplay at this stage? Why would they change anything at this stage when their priority is Fifa 17?

The only reason this patch happened was because someone found the chemistry glitch and it blew up. Proof was found that the special cards people pumped THOUSANDS of pounds into packs to get were not as good as normal cards with chemistry boosts. News sites picked up on this, Youtubers were churning out videos and EA had a *storm on their hands.

That is literally the only reason there is a patch and that is the only thing that got patched. EA had to fix that or it would be chaos for Fifa 17 UT, they haven't changed gameplay.

"Update - 12th July

A title update is now available for FIFA 16 on PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4, Playstation 3 with Xbox 360 to follow.
    This update addresses inconsistencies in chemistry and fitness on some FUT items"

FBs have been pushing into the middle to track central players since the start of the game, its been a nightmare to defend wingers, especially if they have H/L work rates, Dani Alves plays like a RW and when he eventually comes back, he plays RDM, that has been there since day 1.
  • Bixer
    Before this patch, I found a combination of slider settings which kept my fullbacks in position.

Since this patch, those same sliders no longer perform that function.

You can argue all you like, but without even attempting to do any sort of testing yourself, what's the point of you even commenting?

'I haven't tested it remotely myself - but I can tell you you're wrong'.

Great. Thanks for the input.

• I SiR MartY I
    "This patch has completely changed the game, even though the patch says no gameplay has changed, I can assure you, EA have changed the gameplay. I have tested this game extensively since the patch and I can conclude the FBs have moved 3 yards from their original position before the patch. Good luck convincing me otherwise, I know I'm right.

I can put words into people's mouths too, its actually quite fun.

Like I said, I'm going off the patch notes and the fact I've played the game after patch and notice no change, if you feel there is a change, then fair enough.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    their coding is clearly ****ed up.
    suppose there are patch notes saying that if you change team in seasons you will automatically revert back to the last team used pre patch?

things like that suggest they have very serious issues with the whole game code if other changes can affect areas not suposed to have changes.

my guess is some coding has had a knock on effect to the in game changing elo.

they need to sit down and sift through every bit of code till they get this game right.
  • Bixer
    edited July 2016
    "This patch has completely changed the game, even though the patch says no gameplay has changed, I can assure you, EA have changed the gameplay. I have tested this game extensively since the patch and I can conclude the FBs have moved 3 yards from their original position before the patch.''
    Only difference there though - that part isn't really putting words into my mouth as that's essentially what I'm saying.

I'm using actual testing to come to my conclusion - you were just dismissing it based on the fact 'the patch notes didn't mention anything'.

If you believe everything EA say and that omission = nothing has changed, then that's your prerogative. Call my a cynic, but I'm not quite as easily convinced as that. Especially when my own eyes tell me otherwise.

• rubberglovelove
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2016
    Yeh Sir Marty is a little naive.
    It doesn't make sense why it would change when 17 around corner but gameplay has changed many times when they have denied it.
  • I SiR MartY I
    Bixer wrote: »
    "This patch has completely changed the game, even though the patch says no gameplay has changed, I can assure you, EA have changed the gameplay. I have tested this game extensively since the patch and I can conclude the FBs have moved 3 yards from their original position before the patch.''
    Only difference there though - that part isn't really putting words into my mouth as that's essentially what I'm saying.

I'm using actual testing to come to my conclusion - you were just dismissing it based on the fact 'the patch notes didn't mention anything'.

"and the fact I've played the game after patch and notice no change, if you feel there is a change, then fair enough."

I like it when people read full sentences. :)
  • Bixer
    "and the fact I've played the game after patch and notice no change, if you feel there is a change, then fair enough."

I like it when people read full sentences. :)
    Yes, which you didn't mention until your 3rd post in here, up until which point you were insinuating I was a conspiracy theorist.

It's easy to make an argument and then change it halfway through to suit your needs, isn't it.

• squalles
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    the game are exactly same since december update... the last 2 updates no changed gameplay
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    I can't complete a pass after the update, it feels even worse than before. The only thing that feels better is dribbling and shooting with special cards.
  • Kenjo123
    2 posts Ball Boy
    only thing broken in this game is the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ idiots playing it... cant even play a proper game of Drop in without having 12 year old scoring own goals moving people out of position ... tbh if i had a gun i would execute every single one of you ... every single fuckhead doing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on Drop ins would be executed with a note.. good luck in next life
  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2016
    Just my two cents as an application developer. If I wanted to test my new FIFA 17 gameplay tweaks quickly and without having to release a beta/demo that would be under full scrutiny even when I say it doesn't represent the final game... I would simply throw it into the "end of life" FIFA 16 mix where the masses will play it and I can get all the feedback and stats I need.

So changing gameplay at this late point in the life cycle is plausible and in fact makes a lot of sense. No one cares anymore and I get quick and dirty testing and iterations done.

On that note: I haven't done any testing to verify any claim either way and don't care to as I rarely play anymore and am just waiting for FIFA 17 myself. So don't crucify me...