What if........

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
Suppose seasons matchmaking was similar to cups matchmaking... You know how when you play cup matches you play against someone in the same round of the cup as yourself.. So when you get to the final, your opponent is also playing in the final.. (I don't know if EA have ever confirmed this but I take it we all know this to be true.)

So for an example, say the first 4 matches of each season just randomly generates an opponent who is also playing one of their first 4 matches of their own season...
From there, suppose you won all your first 4 matches and had 12 points.. The matchmaking would then search for somebody who is also in the same division as you and who also is on 12 points... It would then do the same for 15 points, and 18 points..
OR
If you lost your first 4 matches it would search for somebody who also has 0 points after 4 matches...

You get the idea?

If EA were to introduce this kind of matchmaking in future editions of Fifa, would you be for it or against?

Comments

• Baznotsobad76
    Something like that might throw up some similar patterns.. Season after season you might find yourself getting off to a good start but then failing to get promoted or win the title because the standard of opponent has got slightly better...
  • Baznotsobad76
    Personally I wouldn't mind if EA introduced something like that.. As long as they told us.. So we knew what was going on and why those patterns occurred...
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Something like that might throw up some similar patterns.. Season after season you might find yourself getting off to a good start but then failing to get promoted or win the title because the standard of opponent has got slightly better...

This happens right now.
  • Baznotsobad76
    The thing is, you know how buggy the game can be... What if you were in Div 2 with 12 points so the game started searching for opponents also on 12 points... You lose mist of the rest of your matches and only manage to hold Div 2, but your matchmaking had frozen... For the next 28 matches you're still playing opponents from Div 2 who are on 12 points!... You lose most of those matches and end up with a back to back to back triple relegation and into Div 5!.... That would be weird huh!
  • Baznotsobad76
    hayhor1 wrote: »

This happens right now.

Shhhh :wink:
  • pob125
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Think ur talking to just you dude. :D
  • Baznotsobad76
    pob125 wrote: »

This.

• hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class

I know right! I answered and got shushed.
  • Baznotsobad76

Sorry hay :smiley:
  • pob125
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Im goin to bed.lol..
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class

Sorry hay :smiley:

Lol its ok I get that in game sometimes too!
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds complicated. I would rather you just got matched with someone in your division, rather than the Elo ❤️❤️❤️❤️ they have now.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20499 posts Club Captain
    what difference would it make?