This game is too assisted and autopilot!!

Teepo
146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
How is it good game design that I time Perfect tackles 1000 times
on my opponent only to have them neutralized by contextual dribbling/skips
which happens automatically?

HOW IS THAT GOOD GAME DESIGN THAT THE GAME AUTO DRIBBLES YOUR PERFECT TACKLES?
Is that a good reward for being good at tackling?

And make passing much less assisted so that I actually can send the ball where I want it.

If I aim toward Pogba, it's not supposed to go to Payet.

Can we please have a game that doesn't play itself for Fifa 17?

It's become such a kid game now.

Comments

  • hayhor1
    14396 posts Has That Special Something
    It works that way for all you know?
  • AliLartersFarter
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You're not one of those players that slide tackle constantly, are you?
  • JoeyBellinger
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    As i see it, the EA community wants the newcombers to stay and keep playing the game. if they get matched up with with people that have mastered the game and been playing for a couple years, the newcombers would get frustrated from the constant deafeat and play another game. if the game is assisted, such as overpowered GKs and BS passes against the better player, it evens the game out. Personally, i disagree with that whole idea because that just frustrates the players that have been playing fifa their whole life. its a lose/lose situation.
  • AliLartersFarter
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As i see it, the EA community wants the newcombers to stay and keep playing the game. if they get matched up with with people that have mastered the game and been playing for a couple years, the newcombers would get frustrated from the constant deafeat and play another game. if the game is assisted, such as overpowered GKs and BS passes against the better player, it evens the game out. Personally, i disagree with that whole idea because that just frustrates the players that have been playing fifa their whole life. its a lose/lose situation.

    Didn't know EA created volleyball games?!
  • Xaviesta
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    OP has a point. Sure it works for everyone but it's so random. and usually when it does happen it results in a goal. Why is the AI allowed to influence the match like that.

    If I win or lose a game I want it to be my doing, not a random act by the AI "GIFTING" it.
  • Boomhauer
    1047 posts Professional
    As i see it, the EA community wants the newcombers to stay and keep playing the game. if they get matched up with with people that have mastered the game and been playing for a couple years, the newcombers would get frustrated from the constant deafeat and play another game. if the game is assisted, such as overpowered GKs and BS passes against the better player, it evens the game out. Personally, i disagree with that whole idea because that just frustrates the players that have been playing fifa their whole life. its a lose/lose situation.

    That's what divisions are for. The worst play the worst and the best play the best, only thing is matchmaking is ****.
  • Aspral
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    Don't agree with the way you've put your point across.

    But I do agree with you that this game helps the bad players in order to keep them playing. Consistency of play doesn't exist.
  • Diggy
    13685 posts Has That Special Something
    Removing the auto tackle or decreasing its accuracy would improve the game no end

    It's just ridiculous that the auto tackle is more effective than the standing tackle
  • Xaviesta
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2016
    Diggy wrote: »
    Removing the auto tackle or decreasing its accuracy would improve the game no end

    It's just ridiculous that the auto tackle is more effective than the standing tackle

    I'm pretty sure the standing tackle button is rarely used any more. it's either, plow through the back and get the ball with no foul or a slide tackle with inch perfect precision.

    Then you have the auto interceptions and auto tackle / block. Honestly the amount of times i've done a last ditch clearence without pressing a button is stupid. I've even scored auto headers on corners and crosses.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »
    Removing the auto tackle or decreasing its accuracy would improve the game no end

    It's just ridiculous that the auto tackle is more effective than the standing tackle

    I'm pretty sure the standing tackle button is rarely used any more. it's either, plow through the back and get the ball with no foul or a slide tackle with inch perfect precision.

    Then you have the auto interceptions and auto tackle / block. Honestly the amount of times i've done a last ditch clearence without pressing a button is stupid. I've even scored auto headers on corners and crosses.

    I use the standing tackle button. But it seems to cost me more than benefit me. Usually the ball just bounces to another opposition player.
  • Diggy
    13685 posts Has That Special Something
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »
    Removing the auto tackle or decreasing its accuracy would improve the game no end

    It's just ridiculous that the auto tackle is more effective than the standing tackle

    I'm pretty sure the standing tackle button is rarely used any more. it's either, plow through the back and get the ball with no foul or a slide tackle with inch perfect precision.

    Then you have the auto interceptions and auto tackle / block. Honestly the amount of times i've done a last ditch clearence without pressing a button is stupid. I've even scored auto headers on corners and crosses.

    I use the standing tackle button. But it seems to cost me more than benefit me. Usually the ball just bounces to another opposition player.

    This is my point exactly it's more effective to just jockey & run into your opponent so the auto tackle is performed

    I also agree that interceptions are insane it's like the players have large buckets for feet that just scoop the ball up
  • ContraCode64
    2077 posts Fans' Favourite
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »
    Removing the auto tackle or decreasing its accuracy would improve the game no end

    It's just ridiculous that the auto tackle is more effective than the standing tackle

    I'm pretty sure the standing tackle button is rarely used any more. it's either, plow through the back and get the ball with no foul or a slide tackle with inch perfect precision.

    Then you have the auto interceptions and auto tackle / block. Honestly the amount of times i've done a last ditch clearence without pressing a button is stupid. I've even scored auto headers on corners and crosses.

    Yeah, mainly because standing tackle has a downside. You miss and the stumble creates a large gap for the opposing player to run into or sometimes it happens even if you take the ball because the animation is so lumbering and crap that you can lose it again before the tackle concludes.

    Auto-tackling has no real downside as the animation is so fluid. It's ridiculous how you can get into auto-tackling battles between wingers and fullbacks where they'll take the ball from each other 2-3 times before one of them emerges with the ball or midfield pile ups where players just tackle continually because nobody can take a touch to control the ball without getting bulldozed.

    But yeah, the inconsistancy is what kills you. You can go from your players hunting down and dispossessing the opposition like terminators one moment and the next they don't even recognise what the ball is, let alone consider moving towards it. It's why it's so common to point to momentum in the game because the change in AI response deliberately engineers goal-scoring opportunities and passages of play that really shouldn't be happening.

    Sure sometimes it goes for you and sometimes it goes against you, but the level of interference is infuriating and should have no place in the higher divisions or when you're playing against friends, etc.
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Couldn't agree any more.

    Most games I have twice as many tackles, same or more possesion, better passing average. Yet my opponent just bounces his way into goal.

    In FIFA 15 they advertised "counter attacking" after a good tackle the ball was supposed to stick to your feet better.
  • sjncomic
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't mind auto interceptions. I can't tell you the number of times in 15 that the ball would pass right by my mid and he would just let it go by him within his range with no one else around.
  • maksi
    6616 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2016
    sjncomic wrote: »
    I don't mind auto interceptions. I can't tell you the number of times in 15 that the ball would pass right by my mid and he would just let it go by him within his range with no one else around.
    but you can't call your attacker to come closer, so it's unfair

    and auto interception let's you to defend recklessly, because they intercept good passes without you doing anything

    this is main issue in fifa 16, lack of space, you can just let AI defend for you and wait for auto interception/tackle/block or bad pass, meanwhile you can spam high slide tackles and chase ball holder

  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1182 posts Professional
    I agree either that or just give us a god dam filter for playing manual settings I would love to play manual on ultimate team against people that are doing the same.

    at least I know it's down to the user playing good if he beats me none of this assisted rubbish where anyone with no fingers can play well.

    Saying that though the tackling system needs a massive change the auto tackle makes it just too easy to get the ball back in this game, the older fifa games used to punish people that pressured you constantly and didn't time their tackles fifa 11 and 12 I destroyed people that did this but now tackling is that easy you can just let go of the controller which is the truth.
  • maksi
    6616 posts Big Money Move
    Interceptions and OP slide tackles destroyed FIFA 16, no reward for playing good football.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    I played H2H today and I must say that H2H gameplay is amazing.

    Still quite a lot of slide tackles, but it is very very hard to get the ball by tackling from behind, while in UT 90% of successful standing tackles are from behind. This forces you to think in H2H and not run into your opponent like idiot. Also players have problem getting the ball under control after driven pass. In FUT these two are main tactics, because it requires 0 skill.

    Wish EA made FUT gameplay the same as H2H.
Sign In or Register to comment.